Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

i thought CC was pretty dope live.

having a drummer playing over their tracks made me forget that most of their stuff sounds flat. hype hype.

just got tickets for Digitalism & Guns N Bombs for Tuesday in Chicago.

gotta say i'm more excited for GnB. Anyone seen them before?

Really? more excited for GnB than digitalism?

Im seeing digitalism+gnb next weekend in NY... to be honest i havent listened to a whole lot of GnB besides that track they had on kitsune and a few others here n there... but digitalism on the other hand ive listend to quite a lot of and i cant wait to hear them live

i have some videos from justice in boston if anyone is interested.. the soundsystem and the lights at paradise rock club basically suck ive been to cheaper joints back in the day(basically sketchy ass clubs that are cheap as fuck) that have better sound and light systems..

all i got to say is that i still had an awesome time danced through busyp and justice's sets... but if they had a 1/2 decent light and sound system it would have made all the difference... and i was fucking begging in the back of my mind for them to have air jets, i dont even know what the fuck to call them but at a lot of clubs they have these jets that basically blast cold air and a sort of mist thing. i felt like i showered except it wasnt refreshing or anything like that it was just like i was wet from my sweat after the show was finished (FUCKING NASTAY SWEATSSSSSS)

dilemma. Mstrkrft and Crystal Castles in Dallas same night, same time.

=/

Missed Digitalism lastnight because of work

=/

saw MSTRKRFT and it was pretty fucking good. Of course one asshole showed up with glow sticks and I'm pretty sure it was the same asshole that was at the Justice/mehdi show a couple weeks ago. By the way Mehdi was pretty good, no one was really into it and dancing yet but he had a good set and he was really into it, he danced his entire set.

LA Riots and Lazaro Casanova were there as well. 2nd time to see LA riots and it was much better this time around and Lazaro was alright, he played a paul johnson track, it was the highlight of his set.

yo i think im going to make my concert review thread into a concert story thread.

just doesnt make sense to use a thread as a concert review thingy...

anyways i finally fucking got time to listen through shinichi's album... fucking finally i know its been forever.. its great work... way to rep asia

Cut Copy posted a new song from their upcoming album on their myspace....im not gonna listen till i get my album this sat (22/3)

http://www.myspace.com/cutcopy

oh and you guys must listen to calling in sick remix of bag raiders fun punch. its top stuff

http://www.myspace.com/wearecallinginsick

Really? more excited for GnB than digitalism?

hell yeah.

from what i read digitalism pretty much plays out their album with little to no difference from the actual recording, i'm more stoked for GnB because Johnny Love is from Chicago, he used to run a club night, and i'm sure it's going to be insane with friends of his and hometown love in general.

http://discodust.com/files/Ghostface%20Killah%20-%20Charlie%20Brown%20(Yuksek%20Remix).mp3

yuksek keeps dropping fire.

http://discodust.com/files/Ladyhawke%20-%20Back%20of%20the%20Van%20(Van%20She%20Tech%20Turbo%20Fire%20Engine%20Mix).mp3

van she tech is back...

Cut Copy posted a new song from their upcoming album on their myspace....im not gonna listen till i get my album this sat (22/3)

http://www.myspace.com/cutcopy

oh and you guys must listen to calling in sick remix of bag raiders fun punch. its top stuff

http://www.myspace.com/wearecallinginsick

i gotta say... this fun punch remix isn't doing anything for me. it sounds cheap. have you heard the bag raiders remixed ep?

i found 3 rar file links today for the new cut copy album, all dead. i really hope the knightlife remix of so haunted is on ONE of the releases of this album. that track fucking kills.

I just got back from SXSW, had an interesting time. My first show got shut down about halfway through because Blu Jemz punched the bar owner (the guy from the TV show The Bouncer, ironically). Got to play my set though and Skeet Skeet killed it as usual :D

Highlights:

-HEARTSREVOLUTION (my boys/girl, they rule)

-TOTALLY MICHAEL

-BOYS NOIZE (or boyz noise i always forget)

-Juiceboxxx

-Le Castle Vania

good shit, though I don't understand all the LA Riots love. Their production is amazing but their djing blows six dicks. Generic electro bangers 24/7 yawn.

i don't understand LA DJs/MSTRKRFT/Aoki/Bloody Beetroots love. so hyped, nothing really spectacular. if i've heard one BBeetroots song i've heard them all.

you go by Verb?

spaceman, i can't rep but that link is fucking ridiculous. thank you.

i don't understand LA DJs/MSTRKRFT/Aoki/Bloody Beetroots love. so hyped, nothing really spectacular. if i've heard one BBeetroots song i've heard them all.

you go by Verb?

spaceman, i can't rep but that link is fucking ridiculous. thank you.

I go by Bradley D. MSTRKRFT I'm down with, but i'm with you on the rest. Aoki knows how to work a crowd, but his music sucks.

I haven't been impressed by many dj's lately :( except for le castle vania.

i gotta say... this fun punch remix isn't doing anything for me. it sounds cheap. have you heard the bag raiders remixed ep?

i found 3 rar file links today for the new cut copy album, all dead. i really hope the knightlife remix of so haunted is on ONE of the releases of this album. that track fucking kills.

yes i fucking love that ep. my favourite would be the nil by mouth remix by knightlife. that guy is a GENIUS i've seen him a few times at clubs and yeh the guy is great.

and i 100% agree. the reprise of so haunted is amazing, it gives me chills. they would be fucking morons not to put it on the album, or atleast realease it in some form.

i don't understand Bloody Beetroots love. if i've heard one BBeetroots song i've heard them all.

The beetroots are constantly improving.

Of course they're always using their huge chords and sidechain, but the fact that their one of the only electronic groups to do serious melodic bridges and actually progress as the song goes on makes them head and shoulders above alot of the same acts out there.

Mstrkrft has cowbells and their lead, Justice has the slap bass lines and strings, if you don't have a calling card you don't have anything.

i agree with you. van she has a very unique sound also. just bloody beetroots play the fuck out of their own sound, which gets really reptitive, much like crookers' wonk with the exception of 2 tracks. but as far as melodic, there are a bunch doing that also. datA, russ chimes, moulinex, lifelike.. much more bearable to me than a grimey synth on every single track.

i upped the new Cut Copy on plusrep. beware every track except one is 96kbps.

here's some of my new material.

a jacked M.I.A. remix we did for fun.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/9132680dd69ea5/

and the latest Barometer mix.

BAROMETERMIX.jpg

http://www.zshare.net/audio/913374327f3a9d/

tracklist;

• Hot Chip - Ready For The Floor (Soulwax Remix)
  • Martin Solevig - C'est La Vie (The Bloody Beetroots Remix)
  • AC Slater - Party Like Us (Udachi Remix)
  • Toddla T - Do You Know (Sinden Dub)
  • SHAZAM - Pool Party
  • Felix Da Housecat - Radio (Shinichi Osawa Remix)
  • Pink Skull - Drugs Will Keep Us Together
  • Count of Monte Cristal and Sinden - Beeper ft. Kid Sister (Fake Blood Remix)
  • Ghostface Killah - Charlie Brown (Yuksek Remix)
  • The Bloody Beetroots - We Are From Venice (La Serenissima)

tried not to do so many textureless electro bangers this time around.

as always, comments, criticism, or whatever is appreciated.

I went to the busy p/justice conert and it was great.. but the afetrshow was fucking awesome.

the crowd was filled with those guys who like justice cause they saw dance or dvno at muchmusic/mtv.

and I think that pedro's set was WAY better than justice.

I like the fact that a friend of mine knows pedro and so_me and we were backstage and he gave me a ed rec 3 tee for my birthday

the aftershow was awesome. I thought they would play of of songs from the ed rec artists and I was wrong. xavier was fucking drunk and busy p gave me some bottles. that was my 18th birthday.