Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

bruv!, FAYSTE-- i no type of you. i type generally. i no u no say karftwaek iz notr band.

i understang the pointz, but to me shoegaze iz not 2 be considered electronical

simply cuz it uses electronics. plenty of myoosiz use elektroniks and not make

it electronics. most of deh effects in shoegaze is guitar based and studio based, reproduced live more often with tape overdubs than with synths. the influences for shoegaze is not even elecktronical: jesus mary chain? nah. spacemen 3? nah.

cocteau twins [FUCKING GODS]? use drum machine, but nah. tape overdubs all the time live. them nigfaz didnt even kno how to use a synth.

fucking with loops does not make a band electronic. faust fucked with loops- tape loops. tape cutting is ooolllllld musique concrete effect. the synth strings were added as an afterthought, an overdub by kevin shields' addled drug mind waking up at 4am and fucking around for the hell of it.

how the hell does This Is Your Bloody Valentine sound like DM? it is some fucking white-hot trebled out Cramps meets the Doors meets the Stooges rawk party.

bruv!, FAYSTE-- i no type of you. i type generally. i no u no say karftwaek iz notr band.

i understang the pointz, but to me shoegaze iz not 2 be considered electronical

simply cuz it uses electronics. plenty of myoosiz use elektroniks and not make

it electronics. most of deh effects in shoegaze is guitar based and studio based, reproduced live more often with tape overdubs than with synths. the influences for shoegaze is not even elecktronical: jesus mary chain? nah. spacemen 3? nah.

cocteau twins [FUCKING GODS]? use drum machine, but nah. tape overdubs all the time live. them nigfaz didnt even kno how to use a synth.

fucking with loops does not make a band electronic. faust fucked with loops- tape loops. tape cutting is ooolllllld musique concrete effect. the synth strings were added as an afterthought, an overdub by kevin shields' addled drug mind waking up at 4am and fucking around for the hell of it.

how the hell does This Is Your Bloody Valentine sound like DM? it is some fucking white-hot trebled out Cramps meets the Doors meets the Stooges rawk party.

YBV in terms of gothiness.

watch for huge electronic beast in the background

C6huQHDcjWY

im not trying to say that you're wrong, im just saying, band is a general term for describing musicians that release and preform music, whether it is in the genre of electronic or not.

anyways, despite all of this, some give me some names of stuff to download. i wanna get deep.

oh the band thing is just us nitpicking, i dont really care about that.

as for Faust, my hang up is that electronic music should never ever feature

any sort of live instrumentation. it should all be electronics. so, adding

a synthesized element to traditional rock music doesnt make it electronic,

to me. its like the difference between, if we're talking about this era, the

krautrock of faust and the full-on synth worship of other german progressive

bands such as baba yaga [all keyboards, one drummer] or black candle [heavy on keyboards, minimal guitar, no bass]

oh the band thing is just us nitpicking, i dont really care about that.

as for Faust, my hang up is that electronic music should never ever feature

any sort of live instrumentation. it should all be electronics. so, adding

a synthesized element to traditional rock music doesnt make it electronic,

to me. its like the difference between, if we're talking about this era, the

krautrock of faust and the full-on synth worship of other german progressive

bands such as baba yaga [all keyboards, one drummer] or black candle [heavy on keyboards, minimal guitar, no bass]

so in essence, electroninc groups favor electronic instrumentation, save for drums (in terms of german new wave). so where does that put groups like new order and echo & the bunnymen? now i know they are rock bands in essence, but they feature extensive electronic influence and instrumentation.

im just trying to get a better picture of electronic music as a whole. im not telling you you're wrong, i'm actually learning. omc, skool me on dis, plz.

echo and the bunnymen are a post punk band. this genre is kind of a catch all, because it describes most accurately a point in time rather than pinning down a particular sound, although it is definitely easy to tell what qualifies as post punk and what doesnt. they featured mostly live drums, although that was augmented by a drum machine, and their synth work was usually second to the interplay between the guitars and ian mculloch's voice.

new order started off playing post punk that was extremely similar to their joy division sound. but then gillian came aboard, and they introduced an electronic dance influence that came primarily from house music and early techno. it is hard to talk about new order and other bands like them because theyre singularly responsible for creating their sound. we're talking a lot about bands that broke the mold and played with boundaries, so defining them is difficult. to me, new order really shone and really should be recognized for popularizing electronic dance music to rock crowds; what's going to top Blue Monday? who really likes Movement more than Power, Corruption, and Lies?

all of the genres we're touching on are some of my favorite, so apologies if i sound like a zealot.

as far as a good primer on all this, it is pretty difficult to find a place that will educate you about all of these different strands efficiently.

the way i see things evolve is you have the post punk movement in england during the early 80s, and you have basically the aftermath of punk rock-- people who were just over the nihilism and the lack of musicianship that was inherent in early british punk rock. in germany you have krautrock and neue deutsche welle movements experimenting with new tools, synthesizers, and cobbling together the sounds that would eventually trickle out into the world and influence many post punk bands to shift into what became known officially as new wave. [for instance, modern english used to be a post punk band. after hearing a lot of german new wave groups, they went on to release songs like their hit single 'melt with you']

you still have post punk, you have this new development of british new wave, and you have bands straddling the fence. around this time [1983-onwards] you also get the rise of british goth music, which at this point was still closely hewn to post punk and didnt yet feature a lot of synthesizer, which would go on to be a heavy influence in 2nd wave [late 80s and onwards] goth music.

new wave, by the way, originally referred to punk bands that shifted their sound from being less noisy and abrasive to more poppy and softer edged. post punk, at least in the 80s, referred more to the darker, more 'gothy' bands of the time, such as bauhaus and the chameleons, or even the sound or the psychadelic furs.

no shit i heard it and wanted to go back in time to play this version at all my school dances instead of the original. would have totally enhanced all the time i spent feeling girls' boobs on the dance floor.

no shit i heard it and wanted to go back in time to play this version at all my school dances instead of the original. would have totally enhanced all the time i spent feeling girls' boobs on the dance floor.

If they ever get around to getting back to me about playing at that school dance I am just going to play this straight fucking through twice.

(is anything else decent on that BBC record this was on? I heard the rest was bollocks, but a second opinion would be good)

....are you going to get to squeeze yung teats maybe? please. just one, they are soooooo firm.

walk up a girl and go "hi i am a shit hot dj i am doing this as a favor for my dying mother. cannae squiz bewb?" they'll be so endeared to you that they will grab your hand and put it on their chest without even asking what your mother is dying from.

adam ant solo is new ro. but new ro is a substyle of new wave that really focuses on the clothing, not the sound.

adam and the ants is 'burundi beat' according to themselves. but that shits post punk to me

hmm...i always saw the difference being more than clothing.

none of the people wore the same shit. adam ant was decked out in some other other other next lvl shit. spandau had those bitchin' suits. abc wtf i dunno hwo to describe. landscape...again wtf. visage iunno wat the fuk they were on.

new ro is funny its like the whole new rave thing.... totally made up for fun, focusing around a small scene of new wave artists in london... and it died out pretty quickly, swallowed by the beast of the term new wave..

the Veil Club in Los Angeles was barely open for three years after having to shut down because guys in fop-wear who wanted to dance to spandau ballet stopped coming.

fuck all this, who knows about ROMO music?

1995-1996, london, based around the club Skinny in Camden.

comprised of FIVE ENTIRE bands, only two of them managed to release a full album.

stood for 'romantic modernists'. they all ripped off new romantic and dressed similarly.

look up plastic fantastic, viva, orlando, dan dexter, and hollywood.

hahahahHHAHHAAHHA

i actually heard of the name and the bands in question in my quest. but i never found out very much about htem. just the fact that they existed.

if u want to go 4 sum obscure shit...i'll hit u up in a few with somethin NO1 WILL EVER CARE ABUOT.