Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Guest jmatsu

kitsune have got a fun mash-ups comp.

53.jpghas just released his new Electro Mash-Up Album "Kitsuné Maison Mashed". It's a 13 Track Compilation with old and new Artists like Mika, Eurythmics, Beastie Boys, Madonna, B52's, Basement Jaxx, Wolfmother, The Gossip and a lot of bunch more. The featured track here is a brilliant combination of Klaxon's "Gravity's Rainbow (Soulwax Remix)" together with Muse and their "Supermassive Black Hole"! This is the result!

kitsune is definitely ahead of the times, anyone going to detour this weekend?

ps. that klaxons/muse mashup is hot fire.

My girl from Vegas and all her friends are going. I was suppossed to go out there but school's too much. Instead, I'm gonna treat myself to some new denim with my saved money...

Isn't this off that old Kitsune compilation? I'm personally interested in hearing what Kitsune does next. They seem to be fairly ahead of the curve, so at the very least it'll be interesting to see where they think this whole thing is going next.

check their latest releases, rex the dog and autokratz, both pretty sick.

Rex the Dog - Circulate (JBAG edit)

Autokratz - Reaktor

check those 2 tracks.

ps. how was the DJ gig for your dance? or is that still to come?

ok, sorry to get back on the justice tangent, but i've been hearing a lot of kids spout out a lot of nonesense about them being one thing as opposed to another. i've always taken them as an electro act, where they have precorded samples that they manipulate live and they do some improvisation live, with some spinning and mixing. kids are calling them beat-match, electro-spin and whatever else they can seem to hypenate. can someone settle this for me, maybe keagan, westside or jmat? anyone will suffice, the more knowledgable the better, and do explain what the main difference is between them and other electronic artists. thanks.

Guest jmatsu
ok, sorry to get back on the justice tangent, but i've been hearing a lot of kids spout out a lot of nonesense about them being one thing as opposed to another. i've always taken them as an electro act, where they have precorded samples that they manipulate live and they do some improvisation live, with some spinning and mixing. kids are calling them beat-match, electro-spin and whatever else they can seem to hypenate. can someone settle this for me, maybe keagan, westside or jmat? anyone will suffice, the more knowledgable the better, and do explain what the main difference is between them and other electronic artists. thanks.

they're just fuckin electro. people call them blog electro or house these days. whatever.

i called them heavy metal when snippets of nazareth first started surfacing on the net.

no comment.:o

haha

well, im not so knowledgable on the electronic front. as far as im concerned, the only electronic bands i need to know are daft punk, some of the early stuff from faust and Can (despite being know as rock bands, their experiments with electronic music). oh yeah. kraftwerk.

school me some electronicz musak.