Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Anyone into Yelle, I'm looking for the Riot in Belgium remix of A cause des garçons (I already have the original and TEP remix).

BTW the name of the band is Dandi (with an "i") Wind, which might help some posters looking for their albums. They give a very good live and the music kind of remind me of Peaches.

I know I have some Danger stuff on my laptop, and I feel like some of it might have been full tracks, but I haven't listened to it in a while so I might be completely wrong. I'll check as soon as I get a hold of my laptop for you, DUM.

ya Saw the danger the other day as well, I dig it and I think their description is right on.

If you come across it Servo let me know

just got the new boys noize oi oi oi ......

only listened to the first few tracks, whoa.

can I ask where you got a copy? the whole thing is up on their myspace.. rugged as hell.

anybody going to see crystal castles open for metric at webster hall tonight? i probably won't even stay for Metric, but definitely looking forward to that 8-bit shit.

yo sorry notesee, but all that shit is on vinyl so i cant really rip it.

just got home from girl talk... wow

that was really one hella intense show. i didnt have a shirt for 99% of it and uh, god damn. wow

do you live in boston? i wantd to go to that show so fucking bad... simian fucking opened for themsdlfkjasdklfjasdkl;fj;asdlk

goddamnit i jsut couldnt make it b/c of other commitments.

DUM -

*sent PM.

if you're digging danger, then i recommend xinobi, moulinex, russ chimes, miamihorror, and mekanix. i'm on this fucking tear of retro 80's sounds.

and for those who wanted Oi Oi Oi.... PM me.

i've got tons more shit, just ask. i don't know if posting links here is legit though.

DUM -

DANGER - 9h20 full length

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3783099b3e249e/

if you're digging danger, then i recommend xinobi, moulinex, russ chimes, miamihorror, and mekanix. i'm on this fucking tear of retro 80's sounds.

MEKANIX - kill em

http://www.zshare.net/audio/35099648b60b14/

and for those who wanted Oi Oi Oi

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tdy2m9

i've got tons more shit, just ask. i don't know if posting links here is legit though.

It's not, unfortunately. I think linking to blog posts is alright, so I have an empty blog I'll toss any links I need and then post to that.

Thanks for oioioi, by the way. Looking forward to it.

Alright, it's looking like I might have to put together a two-to-three hour mix / set for a highschool dance, which is frankly just about out of my league, but the pay will probably be (mad) decent. They've asked for a specifically primarily electro / techno sort of thing (basically just asked to play stuff that I listen to), but I was wondering if anyone's heard any good mixes recently (with tracklists, preferably)?

I also need some electro-hip-hop whatever sort of recommendations, I'm a little lacking in that area right now. Basically anything anyone thinks might go down well.

Hey Servo2000, if it were me, id probably just use Sebastians DJ set that was played on Pig Radio. You might want to chop it up abit (for example the two places they say you're listening to pig radio) for length and maybe take out a couple songs... But the set is dead sexy. I havent seen a track list for it, however.

EDIT: Yeah, I didnt mean to imply that you should lift the set, just that I might. haha. In anycase a lot of the songs in that set are ones I would have recommended anyways, so thats my suggestion of a place to start. Thanks for the track list.

Interesting video. I'm going to start telling people to "put on a t-shirt and go dance," now.

edit: thanks Kite, I'll have to go back and give that mix a listen. I know I've got it somewhere, I'll let you know if I have a tracklist for it. I'm more looking for inspiration / good transitions / songs / elements to borrow and mess with, so I probably won't just rip their set.

double edit: here's the tracklist I have for it:

Puzique - Thomas

RATM - Killing in the Name of (SebastiAn's late night laptop edit)

Justice - Waters of Nazareth

Does It Offend You, Yeah? - We Are Rockstars

SebastiAN - Ross Ross Ross

Daft Punk - Crescendolls

Surkin - Ghetto Obsession

Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disco ( ? remix)

Mr. Oizo - Patrick 122

Kavinsky - Testarossa Autodrive (SebastiAN remix)

Mr. Oizo - Stunt

Justice - Let There Be Light (DJ Funk Remix)

-

Daft Punk - Robot Rock (some baltimore remix)

Tiga - Move My Body (Only4erol mix)

Sebastian - Walkman (Insane Edit)

Buy Now- For Sale

The Who - My generation

Justice - Let there be light

Para One - Dudun Dun (mstrkrft remix)

I Robots - Frau (Boys Noize Rmx)

?? Sneaky Soundsystem - UFO (unknown remix) ???

-

-

Daft Punk - Rollin' & Scratchin'

-

Prodigy - Smack my bitch up

-

Klaxons - Golden Skans To Interzone (So Me Remix)

Teenage Bad Girl - Cocotte (Boys Noize Rework)

Outlander - Vamp

Robbie Williams - Lovelight ( Soulwax Dub)

Justice vs Simian - We Are Your Friends (Scotty B King Tut & Samir Remix)

Debonair Samir - Samir's Theme

Daft Punk - Da Funk

Revl9n - Walking Machine (Sebastian Remix)

alright..

- the "Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disco ( ? remix)" is really Boys Noize - & Down

- first unknown in the setlist i'm pretty sure is DJ Funk's Bang Bang Bang Skeet Skeet Skeet

- the robot rock remix is by DJ B-Stee

- Insane edit of Walkman is also sometimes tagged the Re-edit

- track before the second gap is SebastiAn's remix of UFO. there's a SebastiAn vs. Blaze Tee Re-rub of the track floating around that's basically it

- second unknown is Boys Noize - Lava Lava

- third unknown isn't anything at all

- no clue on the fourth or fifth

i have all of these tracks if you need help man, plus a ton more. i'm sure some Van She Tech remixes would be good too.

i've got a few new full mixes but nothing really spectacular. boys noize's set @ rauw knacht is extremely sick, i'll look for a setlist for that.

Maybe add some CSS and/or Junior Boys to that mix? Eh EH? Or Bugz In The Attic?

I would highly reccomend some two-lone swordsmen tracks.

Here's the only thing I can find of theirs that's somewhat dancey/fast on youtube at the moment... ugh there's some on hypem.com if you do a search.

zTG7tv0kx0w