Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Guest jmatsu

clopek,

next time you want to share something here, you should send it to west, omc, or i first.

we could let you know if the track is acceptable, that way you won't shit up this thread with filler and lose whatever little genre cred you've got...

Guest jmatsu

so i'm back in the u.s. and i've got a chance to see prins thomas live.

i own alot of his shit and lindstrom/etc.

has anyone seen him live? while i love his music, i can't imagine his live sets being that interesting or more importantly fun. i'd appreciate it if someone who knew wtf they're talking about could give me details. thanks.

so i'm back in the u.s. and i've got a chance to see prins thomas live.

i own alot of his shit and lindstrom/etc.

has anyone seen him live? while i love his music, i can't imagine his live sets being that interesting or more importantly fun. i'd appreciate it if someone who knew wtf they're talking about could give me details. thanks.

I'm a big fan as well so just out of curiosity I'm downloadine some of the live sets that are to be found various places (trying this one out since it was the first result on google, or this Lindstrom / Prins Thomas streaming one here.

I'll let you know in like an hour when it's done if I feel it, but I personally can see it being a really good show? Maybe I'm imagining a different live experience.

Guest jmatsu
I'm a big fan as well so just out of curiosity I'm downloadine some of the live sets that are to be found various places (trying this one out since it was the first result on google, or this Lindstrom / Prins Thomas streaming one here.

I'll let you know in like an hour when it's done if I feel it, but I personally can see it being a really good show? Maybe I'm imagining a different live experience.

thanks servo. while i have heard some of his live stuff, i cannot imagine how the actual crowd would react. i mean his sets are great, but most of the time seems to lack any club-bangers or fierce shit. i'll prob end up going anyway.

Guest jmatsu
Yeah, he's no Erol Alkan for certain, but I personally could imagine the crowd getting into it. There's quite a bit of screaming going on in the background of a couple of those Lindstrom / Prins Thomas youtube videos, so you never know.

should i take pics? i'm sure the crowd will be wack (in honolulu).

Guest jmatsu

i tried buying the kap bambino cd in jp, but shit was sold out. i had to fucking order it. will upload once it arrives.

yo servo, what's good? what tickles your testicles recently?

I've only been in town for two days and I personally have yet to catch up with what's new, but I'm liking these tracks. Apparently I'm in the mood for hip hop today.

Plastic Little - More Tongue, Less Teeth feat. MF Doom (Nosaj Thing Remix) (PM FOR INFO)

I'm not much of an MF Doom fan to be honest, but the production work on this is fucking great. Perfect balance between hip-hop drawl and electro squeal.

Sixfoot Apprentice - Fix Up / Cognac (Link to Blog Post)

I've personally never been a fan of mash-ups (fuck Girl Talk), but this track has been on constant repeat. Milanese' "Caramel Cognac" meets Dizzee. Sounds good to me.

Only stuff I've drudged up recently that you might not already have, jmatsu. I don't profess to having great taste in music, but that's what I've been enjoying.

(edit: classy not-particularly-recent house track my friend just recommended: Vanshe Tech vs. Utah Saints - Something Good ) [link to blog post]

double edit: not being able to link to downloads is a pain in the ass, so there's one legal download and two blog posts.

looking for a kaskade remix of "feelin hypnotized" by Colette.

I know it was on the single but i havent been able to locate a single to purchase. does anyone have the remixes of this single?

Guest jmatsu
I think Simian Mobile Disco remixes are pretty tits and I'm tired of DJs playing Standing in the Way of Control whenever I go out.

So is this thread finally on the going-out? What about the Superdancers?

prins thomas was very good. his whole set was tops. unfortunately i don't think that hawaiians like him very much....

can you believe? some opening local dj actually had the adaucity to spin the gossip (again).

prins thomas was very good. his whole set was tops. unfortunately i don't think that hawaiians like him very much....

can you believe? some opening local dj actually had the adaucity to spin the gossip (again).

Glad to hear it. I'm not surprised to hear he was good, hopefully the crowd wasn't too terrible. Going to see Dan Deacon next month at one of what I consider to be one of the places around here that is notorious for having shitty crowds, which, by the sound of it, would totally ruin his show.

you know you can rip anything off myspace if you're on a mac?

www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijackpro/

this is just recording WAVOUT...mp3mymp3 can do that on windows for most sound cards.

cmon u should know that. plus there's more effective ways to download audio rather than saving the WAVOUT...you can just use a program to dump the stream.

btw wen r u goin to sell ur juno 4 crack monies.

Guest jmatsu
i didn get 2 finish larry clarrk but i lie wut i hurd GJ man im likin THE KLAPPS

west i suck at computers and only have access to a pc right now. would you be a dear and rip then download to mp3 format "i won't stop loving you" by mirage on myspace. massive rep for you. thanks!

i definitely would, but at the moment i'm on my laptop, which doesn't support the sort of thing keagan and i were talking about. if u don't get it before i go to work (@10) then i'll do it for you.

Guest jmatsu
i definitely would, but at the moment i'm on my laptop, which doesn't support the sort of thing keagan and i were talking about. if u don't get it before i go to work (@10) then i'll do it for you.

sankyu! sankyu!