Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

Personally I'd hit Crookers. Beetroots are all about distorted electro (yawnyawnyawn) and if you've seen MSTRKRFT you've seen beetroots. At least crookers drop some crazy surprises and a few fun tracks and some old italo disco!

oh jeez, yawn yawning at distorted electro (yawnyawnyawn). as much as people want to stay relevant and ride the erol forum bandwagon, beetroots shows are legitimately energetic and exciting. i'm really ready to see them at coachella. sure there will be a shit ton of entry level electrobros looking to get sick and rage, but at least there will be plenty of energy and involvement. two key elements to any really good electronic show.

if I may go off topic a bit hurrr...

my zune shuffled onto The Field and I've been kicking myself in the ass for not listening to From Here We Go Sublime in forevers. Gui Boratto's Take My Breath Away has been playing all morning for me, shit is just magical. I got some Ricardo Villalobos on queue for later, any recommendations for minimalist techno?

edit: listening to Chromophobia right now, so gud

oh jeez, yawn yawning at distorted electro (yawnyawnyawn). as much as people want to stay relevant and ride the erol forum bandwagon, beetroots shows are legitimately energetic and exciting. i'm really ready to see them at coachella. sure there will be a shit ton of entry level electrobros looking to get sick and rage, but at least there will be plenty of energy and involvement. two key elements to any really good electronic show.

agreed. bloody beetroots are absolutely crazy

i regret not being able to see them at wmc

Sorry pal I'm just sick of the sound :( I'm much more into either chilllllll valerie joints or some heavy bass... both of which I'm sure I'll be yawning at in a year as well :D

is that a continuous mix (a-trak mixtape)? because the one i have is, i don't know if the regular version is seperate tracks.

btw thanks for posting that link a couple of days ago, wasted.

the one i posted is continuous (just one track)

and no prob dude

i like the beetroots, but they're like a quick orgasm without any of the foreplay. i'd rather go see crookers.

i'll be at mstrkrft friday regardless.

brad, when are you gonna dj in manhattan? brooklyn is too far for me to go out on a workday!

MAD shawtays coming out on friday!

brad, when are you gonna dj in manhattan? brooklyn is too far for me to go out on a workday!

Yooo you are in luck :) I've got a manhattan DJ gig next week! on Thursday. Not sure what time I go on. Doin' a new party at Santo's to help some peepz out.

Spaceman whats your beef with MSTRKRFT? They aren't bad producers they have a pretty good live setup with all those tv screen. The Looks wasn't a bad album each song was pretty diverse unlike Fist of God.

Did you talk to the Rainbow Man? I bet he is a fuckin trip to hang out with.

my beef is they play alotta crappy electro that im not into.... i guess to me they sound like a crappy justice dj knockoff. i like their look though, cool mustache broski!

when i ran into busy p , i was kinda wasted and i was like.... dude is that Busy P? my friends says whose that?... i whisper daft punks manager.

then I yell yooo Busy P man whats up?? I give him a High five and say i love your music. he looks all confused. then i walk off :)

nice im there!

are tickets avail?

actually ratatat are playing next weekend

might go check that out.

where was that link to the new danger shit?

i NEED it before this concert

i might go to ratatat too, i dk

i'm trying to find the new danger it came out on vinyl 3/30. digital comes out 4/20

leak leak leak leak leak

oh and tickets for danger aren't on sale yet i don't think

my beef is they play alotta crappy electro that im not into.... i guess to me they sound like a crappy justice dj knockoff. i like their look though, cool mustache broski!

They seem to be pretty hit or miss. I've seen them a bunch in NYC and it's either fucking AMAZING or weiiird repetitive bassline shit. (and no i don't mean wobbly bass!)

word, their essential mix was nothing but crappy electro, i'm just going with a bunch of females, kind of want to hear warp on a club system though.

word, their essential mix was nothing but crappy electro, i'm just going with a bunch of females, kind of want to hear warp on a club system though.

i really did like the intro, though. and vuvuvu was a banger and a half before it got waaayyyyy over played.

"git up clap your hands now, c'mon c'mon unh....."

and moustach face (can he just be referred to as this from now on, officially?) has been lagging in most production aspects, but his edits have always been on fucking point. gay dentists (MF (moustache face) edit), for a flawless example.

i really did like the intro, though. and vuvuvu was a banger and a half before it got waaayyyyy over played.

"git up clap your hands now, c'mon c'mon unh....."

and moustach face (can he just be referred to as this from now on, officially?) has been lagging in most production aspects, but his edits have always been on fucking point. gay dentists (MF (moustache face) edit), for a flawless example.

yeah i agree about the intro. and i liked their essential mix