Electronica Genre

drapygo

So, I wasn't seeing any thread, so I went ahead and made one if that's cool.

So, lets all give recommendations on tracks and all that.

I'm into the Hardcore scene of Electronica, from Hardstyle, all the way to Gabba, Speedcore, and even Makina.

But, I mainly like Happy Hardcore, Gabba, and Hardstyle. I also spin those genres.

Happy Hardcore:

Clear Vu - I Adore

K Complex - Adagio (Acid Mix)

K Complex - Adagio (Rave Mix)

Antix + Tom-E - Sweet Release

M-Project - Cherry

Anon - Airwave

Antix & Reazn_ - Know Who I Am (Weaver Remix) - Executive Records

Arkitech - Shadow Of A Memory - Kaotik Records

and the list goes on and on and on.

Gabba:

DJ SHARPNEL

Scott Brown (He also does Happy Hardcore)

I'm only limited to Japanese Gabba, havn't really ventured into UK, except for Scott Brown.

Hardstyle:

YOJI BIOMEHANIKA, basically anything by him, and I only know hardstyle through Yoji. Oh and the Germans.

And here's some Youtube.

Hardstyle:

Yoji Biomhenika spinning 'Eurotrash - Get up Get Down (Yoji Biomehanika mix) Live at Hollywood Avalon.

http://www.yojibiomehanika.com/YJBH/movie/HSD_PV/HSD_PV_content.html

Hardstyle Disco

Happy Hardcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuxlfZp4GRE

and preview promo clip of Drift Trance which was released sometime last year I believe, really good album, and really nice DVd as well. really like this

Gabba:

can't find a scott brown one.

Scott Brown - Boomstick

basically, Gabba is distorted kicks.

And this is unrelated. Probably go in Happy Hardcore, or Techno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2X1YFUfKXs

Really good tune.

A real real good place to visit and listen to all these and other sorts of genre is, di.fm. It's a fully legal internet radio with basically the whole Electronica genre and others as well.

I will update as thread goes on if needed. post away!

anything by gabriel & dresden.......

gabriel & dresden live video of their brokeback mountain theam song remix. If you can get the full length track its worth it, 9 or 11 mins long and it hits your bass hard.

oh and if you have ever seen the tv show "Nip Tuck" they did the theam song of the opening credits.

james holden interview, he use to be a house dj but he claims he is a experimental, minimal, and electronic dj now. He wants to create his own genra and do stuff that isnt really music. i can see this as he always did like the dark murky house. Dude even admits to doing sets while high on shrooms and acid according to mixmag.

Minimal techno and microhouse. http://www.kompakt-net.com/ is my temple.

Perhaps check out mnml.nl? great group of people there.

Uh, Jimmy Edgar (TERRIBLE dj though)

Alter Ego.

Digtialism. Best remixers period. And a constent flow of music coming from these guys. Not the best dj's though... (we've all heard them).

Anja Scheniter.

Sleeparchive.

This GREAT producer out of Spokane, Washington... his name is "Keagan". Please, listen to his freshest track here (320kbs MP3) its fucking nuts.

umm... I like zero 7, m83, 65daysofstatic, daft punk, the knife, vitalic, trentemoller, unkle, dj shadow, chemical bros, massive attack

anybody have suggestions?

if you like m83, you may check out gooom label. Most of the artists on that french label have worked with m83 in some way or another: Villenueve, Montag and Lisa Papineau "she was the vocalist on m83'' teen angst"".

www.myspace.com/villeneuvemusic

if you like daft punk, you may like MSTRKRFT.

if you like trentemoller, you may like Andy Stott. Some melodic bedroom techno. Or Superpitcher mix or DJ Koze are both really good and are on kompakt.

if you like dj shadow. you may like nujabe. Japanese hip hop dj, similar to dj krush but i think ti''s more chill out.

massive attack, unkle, zero 7. the trip hop genre is sort of dying. Most of the music out there is water down imo. maybe u would like alpha, emiliana torrini, esthero ""debut"", bang gang, jay jay johanson, kid loco.

edit: you can sample on www.boomkat.com or visit myspace.

• 1 month later...
Perhaps check out mnml.nl? great group of people there.

Uh, Jimmy Edgar (TERRIBLE dj though)

Alter Ego.

Digtialism. Best remixers period. And a constent flow of music coming from these guys. Not the best dj's though... (we've all heard them).

Anja Scheniter.

Sleeparchive.

This GREAT producer out of Spokane, Washington... his name is "Keagan". Please, listen to his freshest track here (320kbs MP3) its fucking nuts.

holler! the new magda / bruno pronsato remixes of ryan crosson on trapez ltd is CRAZY.

I second www.boomkat.com . It's pretty much a one stop shop for everything and the guys there are super nice.

www.bleep.com ( and offshoot of the unignorable www.warprecords.com )has the best download capacity from pretty much every label that matters in electronica

www.posteverything.com is diverse and focuses on more innovative and avant-garde artists and performers.

www.benbecula.com is very exciting and their minerals series is a fantatstic bargain.

There's plenty more but that'll keep it going for now.

Guest doubletap

awesome thread. I love hardcore... (not to be confused with happy hardcore), Dutch hardcore is the best. Right now however, house is the preffered.

my fave djs are:

hardcore:

dione

dj the viper

ophidian (any enzyme for that matter)

hamunaptra

scott brown's tight

neophyte

hardstyle:

yohji

deepack

lady dana

dj scott project

blutonium boy

techno:

carl cox... ofcourse

house:

hernan cattaneo

martin garcia

dj paul

sander kleinenberg

digweed

edit- thelion1856... you have good taste.

how about some detroit techno by the Godfather of Techno music: JUAN ATKINS

juannyc.jpg

No love for plastikman? Being able to visit the site (plastikman.com) and stream every major release for free is pretty fucking awesome. Consumed rules, and some of the stuff is completely out there for being made with such economy of equipment and production, tracks like Nostalgik 2's Plink Plonk come to mind.

edit: If you like minimal housey stuff, Richie Hawtin's DE9: Closer to the Edit is a good overall choice. Has a nice dub feel to a large majority of the tracks.

No love for plastikman? Being able to visit the site (plastikman.com) and stream every major release for free is pretty fucking awesome. Consumed rules, and some of the stuff is completely out there for being made with such economy of equipment and production, tracks like Nostalgik 2's Plink Plonk come to mind.

edit: If you like minimal housey stuff, Richie Hawtin's DE9: Closer to the Edit is a good overall choice. Has a nice dub feel to a large majority of the tracks.

i flew to montreal for the plastikman live show! too bad it was pretty wack.

my favorite is artifakts bc. some good memories with it. you really need a proper system to listen to all of them. and no doubt consumed sounds especially good on vinyl.

i mean, it was the last live show he's done. it was in 2004, and he hadn't played one since 1996. he had all the OG hardware and stuff, but the performance was just boring. i've seen him dj a ton of times, but the live plastikman show was very very whatever. i expected like, total madness (of course, right?), but it wasn't loud enough and he went into some tracks from consumed (i guess i was expecting 2-3 hours of "sickness" type material. eventually i think he admitted that there were technical difficulties or whatever, but it just wasn't that good. i'm glad i saw it though, and my friend sat next to matthew herbert in the audience, which was pretty funny. andrew weatherall played afterwards (thank god), and he was better than plastikman.

i did manage to pick up a limited edition plastikman logo lapel pin in a secret embossed black box from richie's mom who was working the merch booth. so that rules.