indigo crush

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know I just got my jeans from synthi today and im seriously in love with them, the fit is so good, the fabric is great, the hue! Well! These things are actually better than I expected despite all the raves from other members. Sugarcane are my favourite brand now. I know its unfair to compare....but.... these are head and shoulders above my PBJ's or sammies.

All my crushes mentioned so far, well im not thinking of em anymore, im thinking of more kanes instead.

yeah, I love sammies ( which are quality still ) but special denim canes are just a step up. When you think about the sammieVScanes debate, pro for kanes would be that for an extra, what, 6000 yen you get natural regional indigos, hand felled inside seams ( so much neater ), 50%sugar cane fiber, beautiful fabrics lining the pockets and the bag and bandana.

Hey, glad you like them so much, I was sad to let them go :( I was handing them over at the Post Office as though the contents was gold! You know while I was in my lurking phase, the Sugar cane thread was my sole reason for visting the forum and I learnt a seriously rediculous amount about denim via that thread courtesy of ringring and all the brave souls who bought pairs with minimal info.

I think things have changed here now, the fad + skinny obsession has kinda overshadowed canes. Either that or we've all put their greatness on the back burner in light of the new labels & cuts. I'm badly coveting a pair of SC40500N's in my size but that might not be possible, we'll see.

Well if it makes you feel any better i really appreciate them, I was quite careful when emailing you back not to wax on about how great they are incase it was too upsetting for you. I hope you get another pair. Mil Mil still have them by the way. all the way down to 26.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmil-mil.net%2Fjeans%2Ftoyo%26jeans.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Im beginning to start thinking about how great the ryukyus are, slightly slimmer, lee rather than levi, mad fabric etc etc and also the plant dying jeans, they have an indigo patch too and Id like to imagine a bit of blue smudge would occur if you got caught in the rain. Id feel like i was being over indulgent if I bought another pair of kanes so soon, god they are tempting though. I ought to be saving for a dslr though.

Strange you mention that about the post office, I allways get abit annoyed at how careless the post is with the package, he doesnt handle it carefully! I tut to myself and think about how he would show some respect and care if only he knew about the treasure inside.

sorry if im being abit of a thread hog.

^ Whoah - for a minute there . . but then it seems they don't have the W26 in stock :( Thanx for the heads up anyway, I've sent them an e-mail, we'll see what they say. If anyone knows of a source I would be *majorly* indebted for all eternity!

Yeah the Ryukyuai's are amazing. Again, I'm hunting a W26 pair down, wish me luck! :D

I cant belive no one has mentioned the SE SugarCane boxy slim hank dyed yet. Not exactly a crush for me as I havent seen any pics yet...... but just the thought is enough.

viv...

Will you please tell me more about these jeans? What does "SE" mean? Actually, what does "boxy slim hank dyed" mean?

Do you have any links? Are they gonna drop soon?

Mahalo for your help!

viv...

Will you please tell me more about these jeans? What does "SE" mean? Actually, what does "boxy slim hank dyed" mean?

Mahalo for your help!

I dont know that much, I just remember kiya mentioning them. Self Edge X Sugarcane, slim boxy hank dyed jeans, also imperial and iron heart doing dior repros. I think there is more info on them. They will probably be pretty pricey. Boxy slim means they will probably fit like dior or apc jeans i guess.

I cant find the page to link but its about somewhere.

viv...

Mahalo for your help!

means that one man has manually dipped the denim into an indigo bath up to 30 times. What all this means is that these jeans have a unique colour...

I can't reiterate enough how much I also love canes viv. I feel like this should almost go into the canes thread but I am talking about my crush. I love sugarcanes!!! The begins are so unique and sexy at the same time. I am crushing on the 40200, 40300, and 40400. I dare someone to get the all-in-one SC overalls!

I have decide to drop out of school and not enter the business world and instead grow my home renovation business so I can wear jeans more. (Actually there are many reasons why I have chosen this path but the ability to always wear denim did play a factor) :D:D

I have decide to drop out of school and not enter the business world and instead grow my home renovation business so I can wear jeans more. (Actually there are many reasons why I have chosen this path but the ability to always wear denim did play a factor) :D:D

Wow... if you're serious about , that's some crazy denim addiction. Maybe your Cane's came mixed with some Columbian 'caine... hehe.

I wish I could wear jeans to work everyday... Wait I can! Until HR busts me...

My current hardcore crush would def be the Sugar Cane Ryukyu. God there so amazing, but jeans are about the last thing I need to be buying right now; I already have way too many pairs. Plus my Samurai's need my unconditional love right now.

do post pics of these, i really want to see them worn..

Ill try, i thought blm14 or dasman or derelict might already have them, dunno why. Ill have to borrow my gf's camera and divulge Ive gone and bought another pair and she'll tut and say im sad and have better things to spend my money on. But yeah ill try.

each to his own, I trust eternal and dont care if people think my jeans are fake, hell they probably think im wearing fake levi anyhow, just thought it would be nice to have some more pictures in the "crushes" thread.

That's not what I meant....

I mean the streakiness looks mechanical or not as irregular as I'd expect it to look.