Things you Love

Charlie Delta

my boys all coming to my table to hug me when I was crying during a wedding last weekend because of my breakup.

When my other boy in syria sends me e-mails to cheer me up and says things like "go watch the love guru, because as jonathan laroquette from UYD says, if the love guru is a movie then I have never seen a movie before".

sometimes ill write a note to myself when im out or at work to do something/ listen to a song/ whatever. and ill forgot about it or misplace the note, and then find the note a week or two later. always makes me happy finding these notes and making good on them. a small act of solidarity with my former self.

The feeling you get when go through a bunch of steps to achieve a sound and it comes out being even cooler than you hoped. I guess this could apply to visual arts and writing etc too.

• 2 weeks later...

When the temperature outside is close to freezing, and the temperature in the car is around 60-70ish, so that when you breathe out your breath is invisible until it hits the windshield, and then it's like an explosion of mist that covers the glass. It's a beautiful thing, like ash grey fireworks, and it always makes my cold mornings a bit less cold to see it.