Hair Products

Anton

I've been using spice sisters wax for 3-4 years now. The only other wax I would recommend is the moving rubber Gatsby; its actually quite good.

Its reasonably priced and its good, im in for gatsby too.

rukiwl9.th.jpg

I want to do something like this, but I'm not sure what kind of cut is needed. I know I'd need to straighten it whenever I wanted to style it this way, but I don't know what the fuck to do with the back/sides or what kind of product I'd need to get that sleek look or to ruffle it up in the back. Help?

rukiwl9.th.jpg

I want to do something like this, but I'm not sure what kind of cut is needed. I know I'd need to straighten it whenever I wanted to style it this way, but I don't know what the fuck to do with the back/sides or what kind of product I'd need to get that sleek look or to ruffle it up in the back. Help?

Is that Ruki? Get your stylist to thin and layer ur back/sides which makes styling/spiking easier but u would need a decent amount of hair volume and length first, especially with the long bangs. For styling, wax then hairspray.

Imo, jrock hairstyles are quite hard to pull off though.

i use framesi wax, and aveda control paste (not at the same time, of course). bigsexy hairspray for hold and style, too.

makes me feel a bit ripped off now :(

i payed $17AU for the wax in the black container...

but australia overcharges everything, so meh.

not really. Living eating and lesure is alot cheaper in Aus than in alot of countries.

A girl at work said that when she lived in America she had less left over money in the US than she does here even tho she lives in a better area here.

But yes material goods are expensive

I've been doing something similar to the Brohnners soap schtick - as sick as it sounds, the natural oils sculpt your hair very well, unless you crank out oil like no other, then you'll have to toss your hair every hour.

What's the best Gatsby product for matte and hold now that the older one's are phasing out? Moving Rubber? I'm heading to LA in a few, I'll be sure to stop by Marukai or something after the ritual Curry House and Kiyokuniya stops.

I use Gatsby Moving Rubber (Pink) and L'Oreal Hair Finishing Spray.

I was wondering what shampoo you guys use? Lately I've been using Dove Shampoo and somehow it makes my hair all puffy and soft...therefore giving me a hell of a time to style...you guys recommend any good shampoos? I want something that keeps my hair down instead of all soft and puffy...

Is that Ruki? Get your stylist to thin and layer ur back/sides which makes styling/spiking easier but u would need a decent amount of hair volume and length first, especially with the long bangs. For styling, wax then hairspray.

Imo, jrock hairstyles are quite hard to pull off though.

in the pic it doesn't look like he used ANY wax...

remember...you could also use a flat iron to spike your hair too..

for the cut just have the top shorter, leave bangs, leave mullet, leave sideburns

then flatiron ur bangs etc and spike up the top

use hair spray as a finish and ur good

I've been using American Crew Fiber for the past 15 months, and I like its matte, but I want something with much stronger hold.

So which Gatsby would be the best suited? (Something very dull, matte and has incredible hold)

I use to use AC Fiber way back when. It was ok, but was never a huge fan of it. If you're looking for s/t similar, but considerably better, try to scope out Gatsby "ultra hard type" styling wax (5+1 star "hold", 1 star "shine") in the black container. I think it's the same one Milspex mentioned earlier in this thread. Versatile stuff, works pretty well for me, short or long hair. It may be discontinued, but still around if you look.

I think Gatsby moving rubber equivalent is the grey stuff, although I personally have not tried it, and it seems to have mixed reviews...but can't be that much of a downgrade if you can't find the black one.

the gatsby moving rubber is pretty much the same as their old stuff, just new packaging and scents.

axtang the wavy look you want in that pic can be obtained with a curling iron, perm, or Uno W Fiber

DJ2xTech: moving rubber should be fine for that hair style, also Gatsby Clay, Nudy Spiky Clay should work as well.

The grunge matt moving rubber is pretty decent, but it doesn't have loads of hold for me. It has a great matte finish though.

co-signed on this. holding power is just blah, nothing close to the purple rubber. Anyone can suggest grunge matt finishes with good holding strength?

I've been using Gatsby power graphite for over two years now and I love it. I like how it gets hard after being applied to hair. Now my usual place is not caring it anymore and probably is making room for the moving rubber series. Ive seen the comparison chart. Does the purple (or blue ) movie rubber have the same effect on ur hair where it hardens after being applied? thanks in advance.

For anyone in the LA area, the Marukai at the Ellison Onizuka shopping area in Little Tokyo still has the Ultra Clay and Wax for $7.98.

I asked if they were running out, they told me they still had a lot of both left. They're also stocking all the Moving Rubbers for the same price.