Pride FC and MMA

Haz

What a waste of money this was to pay for. The only good fight was Thiago Silva vs. Houston Alexander. And yes, Bisping should've lost last time also. Can't wait to see BJ Penn fight in Jan.

This is the next fight I'm actually excited to see. Also, Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson was announced..

• 1 month later...

Aw man, Wand lost. He showed a lot of heart though taking some crazy shots and still fighting back. Those judges were crazy scoring it 30-27 for Chuck. I thought at least Wand took 1 round. Chuck definitely took the third though. I was rooting for Sokoudjou also, Machida suprised me. That boy good.

Fedor just won via armbar in like 30 seconds.

Misaki KO'ed Akiyama after dancing around the ring like a retard for most of the match. He kept hopping and doing knee lifts for no good reason. It was literally the most retarded match I have ever seen.

+neg rep for Hong Man Choi.

^ Haha yeah I just saw it on youtube. HMC is a kickboxer and not a MMA fighter though so its not suprising he would lose by submission. But, man that guy is huge. Fedor got messed up when he was ground/pounding him and when he tried to take him down HMC would just fall over LOL. Imagine if HMC had decent BJJ defense.

Yeah his submission defense was basically standing up.

Nobody really thought he had a chance, but supposing he could stop from getting kimurad or armbarred he probably could have gnp'ed him with those massive fist and it would have been beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i sure do want to see brock lesner lose tonight. its probably just the hype he is receiving that make me want to see him lose, cause he wrecked homie in teh k-1 fight, but we'll see.

81 went as expected. Brock getting caught in a sub. Nogueira submitting Tim in the later rounds.

Who's looking forward to 82? I want to see Hendo win. I like Anderson Silva but people are nuthugging him like crazy as of late.

That seems like a questionable reason to want someone to lose. Do you know why people nut hug him? Because he's a fucking monster.

I actually expected Sylvia to beat Nog with the jabs. The outcome is pretty boring either way. Mir/Lesnar doesn't even deserve to be discussed.

I thought Sylvia was going to jab his way to a decision too but Nog's Jits are on a whole different level. He made Sylvia walk right into his game. Nog's got a tonne of heart too. Unreal!!

I thought Sylvia was going to jab his way to a decision too but Nog's Jits are on a whole different level. He made Sylvia walk right into his game. Nog's got a tonne of heart too. Unreal!!

He didnt really make Sylvia do anything, no matter how much he might say it. He was getting smashed up that whole fight and the only reason he didnt get KO'ed was because Sylvia slowed down. I know Nog hasnt been KO'ed in years, but I truely think it would have happened if Sylvia trained harder.

I also realize Nog always gets pounded and thats sorta his thing, but this was on a different level and you can tell it taking a toll on him.

QFT. also, picking Hendo over silva.

The fuck is QFT?

kinda sounds like you are getting hostile for no reason. qft, quoted for truth, homie is agreeing with you, and now so am i, i like silva but dan henderson really impressed me in his last fight with rampage so i want him to win as well.

kinda sounds like you are getting hostile for no reason. qft, quoted for truth, homie is agreeing with you, and now so am i, i like silva but dan henderson really impressed me in his last fight with rampage so i want him to win as well.

FUCK that nobody agrees with me without my approval.

Thats going to be an amazing fight. A true war. I dont want to see Hendo get Franklin faced though :(.

This just in -- Arlovski fighting a dark match on that card http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1056

The UFC hates him now :( I just cant wait to see Tanners come back against Okami.

• 4 weeks later...

Anderson Silva truely is a beast. Who's next for this guy? GSP has been saying he wants to fight up in weight, so maybe the UFC can make that fight happen. Im convinced he has some sort of HUD implanted in his eyes that calculates and displays punch and kick angles for optimal impact.

Night Shade lost to Herring. I almost don't care. Kongo is the new Bob Sapp. Both fighters have Impressive figures and tons of raw strength which should give them the edge, but they have 0 skill and coast through every fight hoping their power wins the match. Also, they are both huge black dudes.

Im really disappointed in Tanner though. I hope he doesnt give up and go back to being an alcoholic bum.

I know Nog hasnt been KO'ed in years, but I truely think it would have happened if Sylvia trained harder.

I also realize Nog always gets pounded and thats sorta his thing, but this was on a different level and you can tell it taking a toll on him.

nog hasn't been KO'ed ever.

this pounding was on a different level? have you even watched nog vs sapp, CC, or either fedor fight?

I guess my point is that Tim probably hurt him much more because he's been through all of those battles. Its clearly taking a toll on him. He looks damn near 50. Plus, I would argue that Timmy is a much more effective puncher than Sapp and maybe even a more effective puncher than Fedor. But thats another story. In a nutshell, he cant keep taking those beatings.

And yeah he's never lost via KO but he's been out on his feet (and back) a few times and managed to come to and keep fighting. Good for him, but thats when you start incurring(sp?) brain damage.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Plus, I would argue that Timmy is a much more effective puncher than Sapp and maybe even a more effective puncher than Fedor.

You've got to be kidding me. Tim's striking is no where near or close to the level of Fedors. Sorry.