Pride FC and MMA

Haz

haha evans. the look on his face when he approached jones in the cage after his win over rampage said it all. i'm far more excited for jones v machida though!

yea, machidas counter-style could be the most serious threat to jones in that division. Cant wait for it

Oh and also, I think CroCop is showing signs of brain damage. His arm, eyes, neck, head, mouth, were literally twitching every 2 seconds. Not sure if this was a pre-existing condition or not, but it looked really bad.

I thought it was obvious he was either watching the replay of his fight or the main event. Hardly brain damaged. Diaz on the other hand seriously needs a personal assistant, accountant and psychiatrist all rolled up in one.

Not sure what you're asking, but it's pretty common for fighters to twitch and turn when watching fights. I agree the blinking with the eyes was a bit sketchy, but considering he just got TKO'ed I think he'll be fine.

Watched Crocop on Croatian tv leading up to the fight and he seemed as intelligent as always, no twitching or boxing in the air.

Didn't look like he got that bad of a beating either (I thought the stoppage was a little early).

i have loved bj for years (nh), but it good for him to leave on his own terms. he knew when to hang up his gloves and he did - i wish several others (saku, crocop) would have done it about 5 fights ago. there is literally zero point of him coming back in trying to get LW belt again, he wouldn't have a chance - and he probably realises it.

edit: from memory, bj has never worked a 'job' (even mcdonalds or some shit) a day in his life. guess he won't ever have to now.

edit 2: "I want to thank all the fans for their love and support. I have decided to take some time off to enjoy life, train and teach. I will keep you guys posted with what’s next."

BJ has worked as a BJJ coach, and he's put together bjpenndotcom which has become one of the best sites for MMA new and updates. He's written a textbook for MMA and recently published an autobiography. He's been collaborating with RVCA for how long selling quality designed tees and other merc (at least compared to Tapout or Affliction). BJ has also worked spreading MMA throughout Hawaii through smaller orgs and is now the owner of a certified UFC gym.

I know it's probably not what you'd call a normal "job" but he's certainly made the most out of his career in MMA. Only Bas Rutten, Randy Couture or the Gracies compare in that way.

it's great to see so much knowledge in the community about someone who deserves as much respect as bj penn.

it's a little sad to see a smart fighter like him who set such a high bar for himself retire.

BJ has worked as a BJJ coach, and he's put together bjpenndotcom which has become one of the best sites for MMA new and updates. He's written a textbook for MMA and recently published an autobiography. He's been collaborating with RVCA for how long selling quality designed tees and other merc (at least compared to Tapout or Affliction). BJ has also worked spreading MMA throughout Hawaii through smaller orgs and is now the owner of a certified UFC gym.

I know it's probably not what you'd call a normal "job" but he's certainly made the most out of his career in MMA. Only Bas Rutten, Randy Couture or the Gracies compare in that way.

what i meant was, a huge reason he was able to become so skilled in bjj is due to the fact that his parents were real estate tycoons - they bankrolled him so he could just train non-stop for months on end (inc going to brazil). he didn't have to worry about supporting himself in the meantime like almost every other fighter has to do.

Cool story bro. My parents are letting me stay at home at the moment for the previously mentioned benefits.

I have graduated and I could get a job with a starting wage of 40$/hour but I would rather take the opportunity to try and become a professional fighter.

All the studying turned me off of having a job that doesn't involve fitness.

you can unbunch your panties, because there is really little comparison between your situation and bj's - you are simply staying with your parents rent-free, whereas bj has/had millionaire parents his entire life. therefore, he had all of his bjj training paid for at the best possible camps with the best possible trainers, the best physio's, flights to brazil and anything else he wanted. this was all before he became a superstar and was making millions of dollars himself. i am presuming your parents will not be able to afford that, and if you want to train at the best gyms, go to brazil etc you will have to work your ass off and do it yourself. bj had the fortunate freedom to overtake alot of these barriers and devote his entire life to bjj, and then mma, without a worry in the world - money was not a concern. some have actually speculated (inc rogan from memory) that this is why he wasn't always 'hungry' when he fought, or simply gave up at times - he didn't really HAVE to do it to survive and was burnt out. someone who came from absolutely nothing (i.e. koscheck, who i don't like) was fucking hungry at the beginning because if he lost, he wouldn't be paid and would have to back to working at a factory or whatever he was doing - no money, no roof over your head. it was make or break, and for bj it wasn't.

japanese mma gets some lifeblood injected into it:

DREAM teams with Inoki for New Year's Eve

-The Real Entertainment side of DREAM (former PRIDE FC employees) says FEG is out of the NYE event due to their financial situation.

-Now partnering with IGF for the NYE event, Antonio Inoki's wrestling promotion.

-20 fight card including MMA, kickboxing, and WMMA.

-Focus will be on heavyweights (IGF has contracts with Le Banner, Aerts, Sefo etc.)

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/mma/post/2011-11-03/dream-teams-with-inoki-for-new-years-eve/560983/1