Pride FC and MMA

Haz

Didn't catch the first round, after watching the 2nd and 3rd, I just don't have the heart for it. I was surprised to hear he was gassed though, seeing as how he's been training full time for 4 months...

In any case, I'm not believing anyone who says "not surprised" or "saw it coming". Jones progression was such that you knew he was good but not great, because for some reason it felt like there was more to be seen after his fights were over, that reason most likely being his opponents who were all "well-rounded" type of fighters.

It's scary because Jon Jones has a tremendous amount of room to improve on his striking, yet even now his length and quickness allows him to outstrike the likes of Shogun. And I know folk-wrestling =\= MMA wrestling, but even now it amazes me that he only wrestled for Iowa Central...

This guys been fighting for 3 years, is barely 23 years old, and is training with Greg Jackson with numerous talented fighters at his disposal. I'm all for Shogun making a comeback and demolishing Jones and reigning supreme for years to come, but realistically I wouldn't mind Jones becoming the best LHW we've seen in years.

Can we talk about Jim Miller? The dude is an animal. Shalorus can take a punch (or kick for that matter) but Jim was all over him. Plus, the kneebar finish over Olivera was super impressive, given the high level of BJJ both guys have.

Can we talk about Jim Miller? The dude is an animal. Shalorus can take a punch (or kick for that matter) but Jim was all over him. Plus, the kneebar finish over Olivera was super impressive, given the high level of BJJ both guys have.

after ufc 128, i'm a huge fan of jim miller. solid victory over shalorus but who thinks he's ready for a title shot? he's had a long winning streak and it should be rewarded, but how will he fare against gray maynard or frankie edgar?

after ufc 128, i'm a huge fan of jim miller. solid victory over shalorus but who thinks he's ready for a title shot? he's had a long winning streak and it should be rewarded, but how will he fare against gray maynard or frankie edgar?

You mean the only two dudes he's lost to? Well, pretty much the same. They've gotten whole levels better and he's improved moderately.

He's one of my favorite fighters to watch but he isn't as good as the the very best in the division.

i thought that initially when frankie first won the title from bj... but after surviving the beating of a lifetime from gray in the first round of his title defense, i truly believe he has the ability and is a well deserved champion. don't get me wrong, they aren't in the same category as gsp or anderson silva... being that they can defend their title consecutively in devastating fashion, but they are the current cream of the crop in the ufc lightweight division.

Am I the only guy that thinks Edgar and Maynard aren't champion material? The overall lightweight weight class is rather talentless for now..

Are you trolling?

Explain yourself.

I wouldn't call Edgar and Maynard talentless per se, but they are damn boring and rather uninspiring to watch. I can't remember last time I've seen those guys finish their opponents... I'd rather see someone like Clay Guida, Jim Miller or Anthony Pettis as champions.

How is Frankie Edgar firing on all cylinders going 100% from round 1 to round 5 not inspiring to you?

You guys are weird. I mean...Frankie Edgar is just like Clay Guida except he's actually good at things that extend beyond having a cool walk out t-shirt and caveman hair.

Clearly I'm being trollled! I refuse to believe the things im reading from intelligent MMA fans such as yourselves!