Pride FC and MMA

Haz

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so I watched Bitetti earlier today.

Anderson made an appearance along with the Nogs. I'll get to Anderson in a moment, but there was something I noticed with the Nog's. They have their nicknames on their shirt. I couldn't help imagine them in some situation where Rodrigo grabs a shirt that says Rogerio, who of course, gets pissed off and yells "Can you read, it says Rogerio not Rodrigo".

Anyway, back to Anderson. He came to the cage before Arona fought, with the Nogs, and they asked him some questions in Portuguese. His native tongue. Anderson's response? The shrug and smile. He just stood there like a big dummy. Normally I would say 'ah look at Andy he doesn't understand English', but of course he actually does understand English, and this wasn't English anyway. He's just a horrible public speaker.

Oh yeah there were some fights. I missed the first two fights but the rest were so incredibly bad I think I'm much better off having not watched them.

Paulo tried to shoot horrible doubles for 15 minutes against Alex Schoenauer who's claim to fame is being KO'ed by Mike Swick in seconds during the first season of TUF. They had to give it to Filho because there was a total of 3 solid strikes landed that match, and 2 of them were Filho's. The fight was so bad that I feel that since he thinks he can sub Gegard, his punishment should be that he actually has to fight Gegard.

Alex's brother in failure and sharer of fist names, Alex Stiebling got clobbered with a head kick in seconds then TKO'ed, by Ninja the Lesser. I have to watch it again but Rua threw the kick with his lead leg while stepping backwards or something. Sweep the leg Alex!

Then there was the Snowman and Pedro. Imagine this match made in heaven: Snowman, a grappler who has bad wrestling and absolutely terrible stand up against an against stand up guy, Pedro, who doesn't really have the touch to KO people anymore but just enough wrestling to not get taken down by the grappler. Sounds super exciting yeah? Nope.

The last one I'll mention is Arona vs. Beastman. Remember that time Arona was good? Now is no longer that time. He took it though.

The most exciting parts of the events were the Black House fighter sightings, the ring girls with more ass than Edith has titties, and trying to understand the crazy ass Portuguese announcer doing his absolute best Screaming Pride Lady impression.

My thoughts are that that was a LOT of blood and a big ass cut, that putting your hand up to touch gloves and using it as a distraction so you can get the takedown is a douche thing to do, Kimbo seems like a chill, friendly guy, willing to train hard, Rampage can't coach but he's entertaining as hell.

terrible, your sarcasm escapes me

honestly, usually i don't feel this way, maybe i'm getting caught in hype hype machine, but young and hungry > salty vet for me as of late

dunno why, cop/sakuraba are my fav fighters of all time, but vs a young thirsty buck under nogs training

cop has a lot to lose, his last 2 fights were vs a fuckin freakshow with gigantisism and he lucked out vs mostapha al turk by giving him and ninja pinky eye jab

Agree with Natse, I like what I've seen of Kimbo from the first episode of TUF and his MMA Live appearance. Hope he does well, he's completely different from what I expected and he seems down to put in the time and effort, he's a humble dude for sure.

Rampage is entertaining but a total idiot, me and my brother were gonna go to 107 till he pulled out. I hope when the fight happens Rashad knocks him out.

the fight from tuf reminded me of andy wang

take him down andy, take him down andy, andy you gotta take him down

get up abe, get up abe, abe you gotta get up

that cut was gross too, i wish they did it japan style and had the doctors clean it when it happened. the fight would have been stopped sooner and we woulda got to see more kimbo instead of some guy who cant sprawl

terrible, your sarcasm escapes me

honestly, usually i don't feel this way, maybe i'm getting caught in hype hype machine, but young and hungry > salty vet for me as of late

dunno why, cop/sakuraba are my fav fighters of all time, but vs a young thirsty buck under nogs training

cop has a lot to lose, his last 2 fights were vs a fuckin freakshow with gigantisism and he lucked out vs mostapha al turk by giving him and ninja pinky eye jab

Well its simple. Dos Santos is nowhere near Cro Cops toughest fight. It's not even top 5. He's gone through tournaments where he fought two people in one night who were both better than Dos Santos.