Pride FC and MMA

Haz

I keep catching the end on HDNET. I'm sure it'll replay tonight and I'll catch it...Surprised to see Buakaw getting old. He's my favorite K1 fighter :(

that first round was scary, i didn't think he was gonna make it

i think hes got the easiest fight in the final 8 though, nieky looked pretty shitty against chahid

on another note, hiroya is tiny as hell i hope he grows a few more inches over the next year or so

Hiroya is definitely going to do well.

I just watched a bunch of matches...Im sitll recovering. Caught XFC which was nonsense. There was a round that consisted of the two fighters being in 69 position for most of it.

I also caught that other event with War Machine...he pulled it out. There was also a fight on that card with two dudes who couldn't have weighed over 110lbs and been over 5'2". Their feet didnt touch the ground when sitting on the stools between rounds.

Also this...

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/kyle-maynard-event-auburn-fight-night-play-play-thread-966712/

Had such a shitty BJJ class yesterday. My instructor is away so the class was taken by a brown belt instead, no instruction at all and the majority of the class was standup/starting from standup. Got paired up with a purple belt (hasn't been training with us long) and he set up a crash mat to practice throws on. First thing he does is suplex me HARD into it. Second thing he does is then try and demonstrate the suplex to some people watching and dumps me face first THE OTHER WAY with all his might into regular tatami style mats. Pissed. We then do some standup sparring and every person there is going 150%. Lastly, just to top it all off, I'm paired with 2 whitebelts who have no clue what they're doing so I spend the rest of the class going at 30% and telling them what to do.

The result? Here's what my shin looks like this morning.

207144l.jpg

Cross posted in "Shit you hate" thread....

Had such a shitty BJJ class yesterday. My instructor is away so the class was taken by a brown belt instead, no instruction at all and the majority of the class was standup/starting from standup. Got paired up with a purple belt (hasn't been training with us long) and he set up a crash mat to practice throws on. First thing he does is suplex me HARD into it. Second thing he does is then try and demonstrate the suplex to some people watching and dumps me face first THE OTHER WAY with all his might into regular tatami style mats. Pissed. We then do some standup sparring and every person there is going 150%. Lastly, just to top it all off, I'm paired with 2 whitebelts who have no clue what they're doing so I spend the rest of the class going at 30% and telling them what to do.

The result? Here's what my shin looks like this morning.

Cross posted in "Shit you hate" thread....

jesus, no shin guards? you guys at least had some gloves on right? i can't stand when the higher belts are allowed to teach the class. haha the new people are always fun to train with.

aoki fedor was good, i wish they were both wearing rainbow pants though

anyone catch sengoku 8? it was pretty good. hioki is a monster on the ground, so great to watch how smooth he is. sucks my korean zombie lost.

dream.9 is going to be so fucking epic

openweight tourney looks ridiculous im so hyped plus mayhem, kid, kawajiri, jz. its prolly gona be the best card of 2009 until NYE

anyone see shooto?

gomi is back! his ko combo kicked ass

ishida stoppage was a little early i thought, sucks they got rid of the standing count

lion vs sato was good too

anyone got a link to wicky's fight the ones i found dont work

machida is gonna win, i just hope he ko's him or something, i think its gona be a slow fight so if they go 5 rounds its gona suck.

dream 9 will be better, that whole card kicks ass

have to agree about dream. KID is back!!!

Machida fight will be so fucking lame/slow.

Hughes with outmuscle the serra, even though I like both fighter a lot, hoping matt wins this.

matt will definitely win dont worry

damn i keep forgetting about kids return, im just too hyped about the hulks getting and mayhem getting a belt