Pride FC and MMA

Haz

^^ I was impressed by Manhoef. Didn't think it was possible to knock out Hunt after seeing him get kicked repeatedly in the head by Crocop.

Hunt's chin is great, but overrated IMO. Its his head that makes it difficult to knock him down ala the MMA fight w/ Mirko. But in the K-1 fight, Cro Cop landed it on Hunt's head/chin. And got a KD. With that said, Manhoef is a beast. Very explosive.

overeem looked great against hari, too bad he would never pass a piss test

I noticed this is well..Overeem is a fukin monster now!! He didn't do regular juice though. When your jaw grows to twice its normal size this far into adulthood, thats on some Growth Hormone shit. LOL..

Apparently Nogueira was recovering from staph, maybe that's why his performance was shotty?

he also messed his knee up which could explain him being fat for the fight since i doubt he could do much cardio on that thing. either way he is one old looking guy for being like 34. i think he will do alot better in his fight with randy.

overeem is such a monster now, everyones kinda high on him even though he hasn't really done much in MMA, but im glad hes not trying to cut down to 205 anymore.

do the UFC/other orgs in the US test for growth hormone and shit? i know he fought in strikeforce not too long ago to win his title, i wonder what he'll look like in his next fight in the US

They should just legalise all the drug use because plenty of atheletes take steroids etc so might as well just level the playing field and let skill be the deciding factor.

On that same note, they need to add another weight class above heavyweight for all the freaks to fight at or just call heavyweight an open weight class that anyone can enter, like they have in BJJ tournies.

Yeah, it'd be great to see him winning again.

Just another bump of the thread, 3 huge fight cards this month!

Jan 17th - UFC 93 (Franklin v. Hendo)

Jan 24th - Affliction (Fedor v. Arlovski)

Jan 31st - UFC 94 (GSP v. Penn)

I think Fedor will make short work of Arlovski, thoughts?

Is 93 gonna be a PPV? Doesnt seem like it would be worth the money to me, franklin vs hendo would have been better years ago and colemans an old man.

I don't see fedor vs AA going past round 2. AA will prolly get tko'd or submitted in the first.

94's gonna be good though when GSP ko's BJ

i second that emotion. I don't think AA has anything to offer Fedor. Hopefully after this Affliction card we can finally see Fedor fight Josh Barnett. I hope the promotion sticks around, they've got great talent, and considering how much those ugly ass shirts are i don't really think that $ is an issue for them.

Don't even know what to think. Orlovsky is one of those guys that I always vote for, then get dissapointed. He is always so agressive and dominating on his way up but then when he gets the big fight his whole style changes. He's so scared of losing he just won't mix it up. Someones gotta beat Fedor though. What happened to his brother? Is he still fighting? Those dudes are straight up Russian Mafia hitmen.

Don't even know what to think. Orlovsky is one of those guys that I always vote for, then get dissapointed. He is always so agressive and dominating on his way up but then when he gets the big fight his whole style changes. He's so scared of losing he just won't mix it up. Someones gotta beat Fedor though. What happened to his brother? Is he still fighting? Those dudes are straight up Russian Mafia hitmen.

ya he fights, just not in the US. people are speculating that he has hep b so the CSAC wont clear him to fight. i think he blamed it on his medical records not arriving on time or something. but theres always alot of rumors surrounding him, from his criminal record, tattoo's, and now this but i hope these are false and we see him in affliction or something this year.

he looks in wayy better shape then hes ever been in in this picture

1224.jpg

Stars - This seems to be the most recognized tattoo in the mainstream media. If the owner has stars on each of his knees, this mean's he will never bow down or never be brought to his knees. Stars on the shoulders are usually awarded when a particular individual has reached a criminal status or high ranking within the network - such as a Captain. Different types of stars mean different things as well.

wikipedia says he was in prison for robbery, and the ugly-ass tribal (please don't tell him i said that!) is a cover-up of someone's name:

Right arm: Cathedral with five domes: symbolizes five years of imprisonment

Shoulders: Stars: Symbolize a "career criminal" or Vor v Zakone in Russian

A name on his lower abs (Maybe 'Marina'). Later covered by a tribal tattoo.

He's supposedly dropped down to 185 for good now. Love to see him fight Hendo again, but i really don't know what kind of a chance he (or anyone for that matter) has of beating Anderson Silva. The guy's like a lanky, moonwalking, pink sweater wearing Terminator.

wikipedia says he was in prison for robbery, and the ugly-ass tribal (please don't tell him i said that!) is a cover-up of someone's name:

Right arm: Cathedral with five domes: symbolizes five years of imprisonment

Shoulders: Stars: Symbolize a "career criminal" or Vor v Zakone in Russian

A name on his lower abs (Maybe 'Marina'). Later covered by a tribal tattoo.

what about that sick ass Grim Reaper holding an Infant on his back. That has to mean something. Like he was born of evil or some shit.

Damn!! Hep B...even if it is just a rumor you know how dudes are. I wouldn't want to play basketball with Magic, thats for sure.

Alex's tattoos are sick. The back piece w/ the grim reaper has lettering translated to God is with us, meaning opposition to the soviet penal system. According to Alex the grim reaper tattoo, signifies holy mother. I don't know how he figures that but i'm not going to question him lol.

Wanderlei wants one more fight with Chuck before he drops down to 185. I don't know how he'll fair against Anderson though.