4 yr Flare Glenns - - no wash

flared27

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

goes to show that it just takes a lot of time to break jeans in. seems like people are so quick to move on these days, i wanna fast forward my LVC 501 like 3 years.

isn't it wierd for people to think about breaking thier jeans in? like shouldn't it happen just though time and your own lifestyle? though i do find my self a little too excited to carry boxes around, it just tell myself it shouldn't be a concious thing.

i was totally counting down the first 6 months to the 'first wash'. it seemed like they were never going to break in. but, once six months came around I guess I just stopped caring so much. They looked good, they fit well I thought I should leave well enough alone. besides one near breakdown, I never thought about the wear or the wash once.

just wear em and enjoy em

Those look badass I would love to see them after a thorough wash .

I would seriously do a HOT ass soak with them with lots of detergent and oxi-clean . Just grab a brush and brush the front of your thighs only and them mildly agitate the rest ..

Oxi-clean lifts a lot of grime out ..

Then do a second wash inside out with some proper detergent like woolite black or bronners ..

bronners peppermint would be nice ..

the water and soap hand washing aren't going to kill them , but a washing machine very well might ..

I so wanna see them washed don't you all also ?

Those look badass I would love to see them after a thorough wash .

I so wanna see them washed don't you all also ?

I'll second that. But after 4 years, I think it's clear the man knows how to stick to his guns.

flare — did you ever febreze these? And when, in the course of the 4 years did the febreze no longer work?

hahaha, nope, not a bogan.

I've never febreezed. If they start getting damp or begin to smell, a day in front of the fan tends to fix it. They really don't smell that bad. the nudie store in sydney had some amazing unwashed vintage 501xx's. they were very similar (though not as worn out). Great waxy feeling and a bit of a smell. When I saw those I knew I would nver wash these. that wax is where the magic is!

was hoping for a bit more

funny thing is i saved em to my comp those pictures up there to send to my girl and then i look at the lil thumbnail pic of them in my folder and i see this

i screenshotted it and blew it up in photoshop to make sure my eyes werent playin trix on me well this is it

so now u can see his nipple down shot

jeanspu9.jpg

Hey, nice jeans!!

But I thought the point was always waiting as long as possible UNTIL washing them. Not, "Never washing them".

Dude, Just give em a quick warm soak, you don't even have to go through an elaborate washing process. Just a little soak in warm water at least, and I bet they will look even better. Really bring out the natural fading. And you and your jeans will probably smell better too ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...