australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

reasonably sturdy, felt somewhat light weight for leather soled shoes though so not sure how well they'd hold up over time. the leather they're made from isn't anything special either, I certainly wouldn't pay full price for them but they're decent if you can cop for cheap.

oh and got this on facebook if any one is interested

Marsu Homme invites you to

ARTISAN GUILD & CURIOSITY SHOP

Opening Launch Party

Thursday 11th June 6-9pm

262 Oxford St Darlinghurst

Party entry via back lane ~ Sturt Street

Beat Poet

St Augustine Academy

Matt Weston

Marsu Homme

Elke Kramer

Izrock Pressings

Happenstance

Isson & Fiction Eyewear

Ginny and Jude

Toby Jones

Mine

Luke Storrier

Phil Young

All of Our Lives

William Llewellyn Griffiths

Shop opens June 9 - July 31

7 days 10am ~ 6pm

Extended hours Thursday 10am-8pm

For further information please contact Little Hero on 02 9698 9907 or [email protected]

i know this is the wrong thread, but i dont want to start a new one just for my one question

im traveling to Australia in Sept and wanted to check out the Great Barrier Reef. Were flying into Sydney and flying to Cairns

I was wondering how many days I should stay in Cairns and what else there is to do there other than see the reef?

thanks

no doubt i will on the next sale superhero, this was beginning of the year when i was a rare user of SUFU

theres suppose to be one soonish so ill let everyone know 4sure.. they had them in the suede as well as the rest of the collection

@chant... not sure of how long, haven't even been there myself, its weird ive been to so many places but never to the reef which is in my own country! you'll love it though im sure... anywhere else in Aust you looking at?

no idea. i think were basically looking at sydney and cairns. 9 days and backpacking and staying in hostels. any suggestions are appreciated in either locations on what to do. it will help determine when to book the flight to cairns and how long we need to stay there vs staying in sydney.

i really want to go to NZ since its so close but i dont think there will enough time.

The reef and far northern QLD you could find enough activities to keep busy for more than a week. Island hopping tours, dives, fishing, trips to the reef itself.

Airlie Beach is one of the best spots to stay, it's got a big back-packer population you love to get on the piss in the night.

Also near by you can see beautiful rain forests which are worth checking out

Pedro: If you are set on brogued wingtip chelseas, RM Willaims have a MTO service. With the brass screwed soles the Yearling and carefully size Craftsmen lasts are a nicely slim. You'd need to provide some photos of how you'd like the toe cap. Excellent quality.

Check out this thread

sorry im not trying to take over the thread in any way but there seem to be a lot of helpful and knowledgeable users in this thread.

im not the best to ask RE cairns... would like to know more about the reef myself actually

but for syd im sure youll get plenty of help.. what were you looking at doing while you were here? and on what budget?

not really looking to shop while im there would rather see the sights in sydney. havent really thought about the budget, but the cheaper the better.

The reef and far northern QLD you could find enough activities to keep busy for more than a week. Island hopping tours, dives, fishing, trips to the reef itself.

Airlie Beach is one of the best spots to stay, it's got a big back-packer population you love to get on the piss in the night.

Also near by you can see beautiful rain forests which are worth checking out

thanks for the info. what does get on the piss in the night mean? get drunk?

on the pissdrunk. yea.

if you're going to sydney, there's plenty of backpackers around central station. they're all around the same. the location sets you up nicely to go around the city. the more interestng places might be newtown, paddington, darlinghurst, king's cross... circular quay... all walkable from central station. which is also next to chinatown.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hostels/Sydney

chantheman, i understand you're more into sightseeing/photography rather than shopping when you're in Sydney. since this is the case, i recommend taking a nice walk around the Royal Botanical Gardens, especially along the water. Start from the Opera House and as you bend around and start walking towards Mrs MacQuarie's Chair, you get a great view of Sydney's downtown (C.B.D.) skyline, opera house, and harbour bridge.

just found this map to give you an idea. its a short walk although on that map it looks like its big, but its really not. when i was there last month, i liked it so much that i went for a walk there almost everyday (since i was conveniently staying right across the street).

@chantheman,

There is this bus day-pass you can get that allows you to hop on and off these buses that take you to all the sightseeing spots. There's a red bus and a blue bus, called Sydney Explorer and Bondi Explorer. they go to different paths and come every 20-25 minutes, but you can ride either if you buy the day-pass. basically they make a bunch of stops, you can hop on and off as you please. so if you find a stop you like, you can enjoy your time there and wait for a later bus to hop back on. its pretty convenient way to hit up some good sights. to find out more info, when you're at the Circular Quay (the ferry harbor area) go to where all the bus stops are and find the stop for these Explorer buses and take a pamphlet.

another note about buses. if you're in Downtown C.B.D area, there is a free bus #555 that just goes in circles around downtown (both directions). very convenient way to get around that area for free.