australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

plan b. depends on what kind of scene you like.

some touristy places is obviously the Darling Harbour, sydney opera house, Queen Victoria Building (QVB), etc.

the bar scene is pretty sweet as well. check out Argyle, Pontoon Bar, and Home. These are the popular ones. I know I'm missing some, but depending on how much time ur gonna be there, you'll find places to go.

Clothing: Ano:ther Inch, Incu, SP1, General Pants Co, Supply, Carhartt, Footage, Freshin

...that is if you're into streetwear.

as for shops : Incu, Another Inch, Belinda menswear, Robby Ingham, Supply are all OK.

Out of sydney the Hunter Valley is nice for Wine tasting, food and relaxing.

I'm a little out of touch with places to go at night but some clubs playing better music are - club77, candys apartment, arthouse (kink), chinese laundry, Moulin Rough, Le Panic, Ruby Rabbit (sometimes)... not fantastic places but not so bad - 1000x better then the places just mentioned.

Food: the victoria room (good for cocktails too), longrain, altitude (shang-ri-la hotel), cafe sydney.

Where are you coming from and what do you like doing??

okay im getting rather desperate. i need a haircut asap.

but where do i get it cut in sydney? i want a decent asian hairstylist. any ideas fellas?

Hanavie, make sure to book for the head stylist, Ryo.

I agree with homme.homme's recommendations. :)

Do NOT go to these places....

All bad. Trashy people, lame music, overly commercial, expensive drinks, generic locations.

this is purely subjective, of course. That's why i said it depends on what kind of scene you like. I know most americans like going to these places because it is what appeals to them. By saying that, I'm may be wrongfully assuming that plan b is from america. haha.

But yes, the tastes of music and even common courtesy btwn USA and Australia are quite different.

Where are you coming from and what do you like doing??

im coming from California. i like to do whatever eat, drink, shop, take pictures, sight see, hike, relax. im just wondering if there is anything around Sydney that would be worth exploring ? Hows Manly beach?

Anyways i just found out i might have lost my passport and im leaving in about 2 weeks so i dont know what im going to do.

Manly beach is ok/average. The ferry ride to get to Manly from the CBD is pretty nice and probably worth while but specifically for the beach there are much nicer ones up or down the coast a bit.

Sightseeing in and around the city is pretty good and its pretty easy to navigate and walk from place to place. How long are you in town for??

You should be able to report your passport lost and apply for a new one - usually you can pay a bit more and get it all done express and in time for your trip.

Do NOT go to these places....

All bad. Trashy people, lame music, overly commercial, expensive drinks, generic locations.

Oh god, I 10000% agree with that.

I'm a little out of touch with places to go at night but some clubs playing better music are - club77, candys apartment, arthouse (kink), chinese laundry, Moulin Rough, Le Panic, Ruby Rabbit (sometimes)... not fantastic places but not so bad - 1000x better then the places just mentioned.

Yep, plus World Bar. (Right next to Moulin). Teapots rule.

hurrah! i remember zara's creations being simple, versatile and affordable. not a complete fan, but i'd be happy.

now, if only they'd bring uniqlo over. its weird, but for a "leading" city, sydney doesnt seem to have as many shopping choices as the rest of the world. or australia for that matter. =\