australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I'm moving to McMahons Point this weekend. Anyone live around there or have any good restaurant/cafe reccomendations?

Great place to live. Theres heaps of restaurants around there and some good pubs / bars too. My gf lives in Milsons Point which is heaps close. Milsons Point has some great Thai restaurants too. I say just walk around, you'll find plenty of places :)

^which mall? towers or the old mall? and whats the price/kg?

It's actually on Old Northern rd, across from the piazza. Cost is about $25-30 per kilo.

But yes, Pogi, where exactly and what price? :)

There's also another place at Harris, the mall where they have factory outlets. Go downstairs and you can get them there but they are prepackaged and far more pricier than the one above.

A third option, is to go to Fox Studios, they have wagyu beef there as well.

Only problem is that its difficult to gauge the quality of the beef from butchers like these.

I'll still opt to eat out at a restaurant. Yay for Rengaya, undisputedly the best wagyu and yakiniku place in Sydney.

I remember going to a restaurant couple months back and they had wagyu in the menu. I think i got ripped off cause it definately did not taste like wagyu beef. Though i should have suspect it not being wagyu or really low quality at 50 bucks for 350g.

Sounds like it was ordinary beef, tagged with the price of real wagyu.

I'm completely bored of Sydney lately. I've got a few little projects to keep me busy, but I'm wondering if anyone can give me a heads up on some creative events and exhibitions that are coming up? Any bands worth seeing? Any classes worth going to?

^^ Ditto.

FWIW- Anyone who was interested in my love thy neighbour shoes, they have some new ones in TGV INCU. Patent leather and bright blue!

Also, I went to Glebe markets for the first time in about a year yesterday...didnt see anything that really interested me but that place was full of good looking people. +rep, Sydney.

I've been eyeing the black and white patent ones. I really like the new slimmer sole.

The offerings at Glebe markets are pretty boring. Nice part of town and nice people though. I've got to get around to checking out the new Hope Street Markets.

i know im late on this and i dont know if anyones pointed it out.

but at Footage on burton st, just opposite the carhartt and supply, they stock AA.

thats where i got some of my AA stuff. rather limited variety though, but its cheaper than incu. plus whatever they have, they have PLENTY of. its pretty basic stuff, jersey tees, blah blah blah.

but its worth a look if you happen to be in the area. the asian guy who works theres a legend as well. super helpful with sizes and all that.

plus they have really good deals on shoes. picked up a pair of vans skate hi's for cheap.

So I was walking out of the bathrooms in Hurstville Westfeild today, when this old asian man walked straight around the corner and we bumped into each other. I looked down to apologise and saw that he was wearing a fake Supreme jumper. It was grey and had the Supreme logo in a black box.

I had a quiet gigle.

I wouldn't even know about Supreme if it wasn't for all the hype beast kids on here.