The Official F/W 07-08 Fashion Shows Thread

fade to black2

Alright...I remember having some side discussion about these shows in the 'what are you watching today' thread but haven't really heard much being discussed about the recent Men's fashion weeks...a fairly disappointing Milan just ended and I think Paris starts tomorrow (always the highlights for me). Should be interesting to see Yohji and N(N) tomorrow, esp. the former I think will come correct as usual.

Discuss....pictures...

00390m.jpg

this is great...my favorite show thus far, best example of fashion as fantasy displayed up to now. Some of the other stuff like Fendi and Prada were dramatic, but not in a particularly imaginative or striking manner. But the McQueen show was pretty exciting and well executed I think. I'd like to see some of these jackets in person when they arrive in stores...

the latest Jil Sander collection seemed to have more elements of Raf in the design, but i wasn't particularly intrigued with any of it...the knitwear with the thin stripes seems like something that would be good for a season...some of the basic jackets look classic enough, there were some interesting shearlings but overall can't say I'm too thrilled. I have preferred Raf's own collections more (with the exception of maybe the new spring one) Will have to see it in stores to make the final judgment, i wasn't impressed with the fitting of the knitwear i tried on from the last collection.

Also a small detail that bothers me about the 'new' Jil Sander: The plain t-shirts now have "Jil Sander" stamped across the back!!! I dunno, in my mind the classic JS customer would not approve of a detail like that, as I always liked Jil for the subtlety.

Fade, you created your own Sub Forum!

I loved the Jil Sander show. The shearlings are absolutely amazing and you can totally tell Raf's influence in a lot of the pieces.

I was also extremely pleased with the Marni show, despite all the hubub with the leggings (which I actually think look great and fit in well with thier collection).

jil sander was a plus, mcqueen was interesting, burberry prorsum featured a couple of nice outerwear pieces, and practically everything else was mediocre to my sensibilities.

i, too, would ball the sheer fuck out of giorgio armani's niece. while wearing these giorgio armani frames. bitch.

Edit: I don't know what just happened here, but I really, really like it.

Does this mean we can talk about designers and collections and design now without having to deal with that one dude who eventually always has to ask

"where can i cop?"

the latest Jil Sander collection seemed to have more elements of Raf in the design, but i wasn't particularly intrigued with any of it...the knitwear with the thin stripes seems like something that would be good for a season...some of the basic jackets look classic enough, there were some interesting shearlings but overall can't say I'm too thrilled. I have preferred Raf's own collections more (with the exception of maybe the new spring one) Will have to see it in stores to make the final judgment, i wasn't impressed with the fitting of the knitwear i tried on from the last collection.

Also a small detail that bothers me about the 'new' Jil Sander: The plain t-shirts now have "Jil Sander" stamped across the back!!! I dunno, in my mind the classic JS customer would not approve of a detail like that, as I always liked Jil for the subtlety.

I definitely see what you're saying, but I just love Raf as a designer so I guess I may be a bit biased... meaning the more Raf elements there are, then I'm not complaining haha. And I definitely agree with you on Raf's S/S '07 collection... I'm not into it at all. Hopefully, it grows on me a bit more, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

In regards to the Jil Sander shirts, I never actually saw any of these plain tees so I can't pass judgment. But wow, branding like that across the back is something I'm not really a fan of; it just seems obnoxious.

I may be wrong but who agrees with me when I say that Alexander/Cloak has inspired Gucci this year?

Other than the gloves... I don't see why Chris Bailey's not getting more press. That was my favorite prorsum collection in a LONG time.

I couldn't agree more. Everybody is talking about the coats and gloves, but I just love the sweaters and pants. The selection of colors and fits was great. I wasn't too happy about the waist-belts though. That shit sucked when it was in women's fashion and doing it with men doesn't make it any better.

I may be wrong but who agrees with me when I say that Alexander/Cloak has inspired Gucci this year?

hmm...i don't really see it. Maybe a bit of Cloak in some of the styling...nonetheless I thought John Ray did a much better job at Gucci with his dark romanticism, the Giannini stuff has been horrible thus far, like really a total joke that didn't quite fit with the brand image that's been built since Tom Ford, or even where John Ray finished off.

LOVED john ray's scottish interpretation for gucci this past fall. shame he hung for it. trying to snag a couple of those tops before spring rollover. great collection!

anyone seen the new aw 2007 gucci? love the tall ski boots!

mostly dsquared/tom ford hybrids though.

kim jones in two weeks!

• 1 month later...
Wasn't the biggest fan of Sander. Nor Cloak, Watanabe or Margiela this time around.

Loved Ann d, Assche, and Van Noten (but not his oversized cut trenches), and Marni.

didnt like all the white-on-black things which Ann Demeulemeester has done.. they look too "pimpish" imo.. but besides from that i think it was really nice and clean...

really think the Dior Homme collection was killer, Hedi nailed it once again...