Avoiding that annoying line at the cuff

Blackplatano

Maybe if you're not trying to get any stacking fades you could uncuff the leg and iron the affected area every so often. I believe you also need to make sure that the pant leg doesn't drag when you walk or else the force of your movements could cause the line to become sharper. For me I personally uncuff when I wear them with shoes so that I can just let them stack.When im in the house I cuff them so they don't drag.

Yea...but if i cuff them there, it's for a reason.

I agree with you. If you cuff them, you usually hit the same spot. Its not like your legs grow an inch every time you wear your jeans. :)

Personally, I don't cuff them, like to get stacks. That's why I don't fancy bootleg.

Guest jeffvyain

i think a semi-regular wash helps. also, if your jeans don't drag, that's a big plus. my 17 oz sams haven't begun to rip at all. i've washed them 3 times in 6 months. the cuff was changed maybe a half inch at one point after a wash/dry combo shrunk them just a bit more but aside from a bit of discoloration, nothing even close to tearing

My problem with setting a new cuff everyday is that if your denim is super stiff, it will keep all of those creases, so the actual cuff is creased all over it. I've just decided to live with it. It looks pretty cool actually.

But there are plenty of people in SuFu who cuff their jeans and 6 months later the jeans lack a line.

Maybe airfrogusmc...? I know he cuffs before he washes. PM him.

This happened to my Nudie Ralf's and I hated it. I like to wear my jeans cuffed, and I had to get those lines patched after they ripped through.

After that, I decided that I wanted my jeans to stay intact more than I wanted them faded out. So I've started washing them every few weeks, and unfolding the cuffs when I'm not wearing them. That definitely solved the problem - but there ain't much in the way of whiskering or honeycombs going on.

If you want to keep the jeans raw and fade them out, then I think that (1) uncuffing them when unworn, (2) wetting and ironing out those creases every now and then, and (3) cuffing in different spots will go a long way.

this seems to work....about every week or two i handwash the inside of the last couple inches (below where they are cuffed) of the jean with some water and a mild detergent making sure to scrub most of the dirt and oil that have accumulated in the cuffed area off. the combination of the oil/dirt that is weakening the integrity of the denim combined with the abrasion from your laces and heal are what cause the problem.