Sewing Machine...?

Brooklyn Zoo

i started making jeans and doing some alterations with alot of things a couple months ago. I just went with a cheap 150$ sewing machine from Target. surprisingly it hasnt caused any problems and sews through multiple layers of denim and leather. I think its called like Shark Europro o rsomething. got it cuz on the box it said "sews through 8 layers of denim" didnt believe them...it was true.

You can get a new sewing machine for cheep these days. If you're just going to sew light to medium-weight fabrics, go ahead and buy one at Target.

If you're going to do denim or heavy fabrics, get a used one. Ones from the 70s or earlier tend to have metal componentry as opposed to shitty weak plastic. Although, the actual cost might be higher, after you figure in a tune-up (necessary if you buy used, unless they've already been refurbished). Make sure it comes with everything you need or has accessories that can still be bought today. Buying a nice machine with hard to find parts is like throwing away your money.

ugh, the shark europro is ok for some things but i find that the tension wheel doesn't work well with heavy thread.

i use a vintage pfaff 30 for sewing through denim, leather, canvas, etc... however, they are very hard to find.

a better alternative to the shark europro is a brother, or a kenmore from sears (which is one of the best beginner sewing machines). the brother is a great machine too--cheap and works well.

you can learn about sewing and see sewing machine reviews if you go to:

http://sewing.patternreview.com

ugh, the shark europro is ok for some things but i find that the tension wheel doesn't work well with heavy thread.

i use a vintage pfaff 30 for sewing through denim, leather, canvas, etc... however, they are very hard to find.

I remember you bought it for ten dollah or something. Lucky! Make anything else lately?