fadetoblack

Konfucius

i don't even have that many clothes....a few expensive pieces about the same as a lot of mid-price/cheap pieces.

buy stuff on sale

hand me downs

i buy less than 10 things a year.

fairly well to do parents doesn't hurt.

haha what's this gonna turn into, expose fade to black thread? ;)

unlike dcrev, not gonna try ducking this...it'll be fun to see some of the responses and playing back and forth. eh it's all fun and games to me at this point...could give a shit less. So if this is my 15 mins of fame, flame away!

damn.. think about how much more you could buy if you sold drugs

well...i don't believe in that kinda shit. i have pretty much all the clothes i need, even though it's not much. reading some books about zen and such really mellowed me out...i was pretty caught up on wanting to buy more more more and hoping i could be financially independent so i wouldn't have to depend on using my family's money. Eh but my parents worked in the industry so they indulge in it with me. My mom always said, we're not the richest family like Li Ka Shing or some of the other HK tycoons, but we've managed our money wisely so we spend pretty freely, within reason...but i feel guilty about it. I don't really feel the urge or desire to buy nowadays, i'm happy just observing fashion from the sidelines.

fadetoblack is the DT Suzuki to my Allen Ginsberg.

why is there a thread based on the fact that he has a couple handfuls of yohji and issey and CdG? there are plenty of other big spenders on the board that would be much more interesting to highlight.

well...i don't believe in that kinda shit. i have pretty much all the clothes i need, even though it's not much. reading some books about zen and such really mellowed me out...i was pretty caught up on wanting to buy more more more and hoping i could be financially independent so i wouldn't have to depend on using my family's money. Eh but my parents worked in the industry so they indulge in it with me. My mom always said, we're not the richest family like Li Ka Shing or some of the other HK tycoons, but we've managed our money wisely so we spend pretty freely, within reason...but i feel guilty about it. I don't really feel the urge or desire to buy nowadays, i'm happy just observing fashion from the sidelines.

You don't know how much reading this is helping me with my shopping withdrawal. I think I'll pick up on some books I left behind in the fall...

You don't know how much reading this is helping me with my shopping withdrawal. I think I'll pick up on some books I left behind in the fall...

I highly recommend "The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari" by Robin S. Sharma...man i been on a huge self help book kick lately.

it'll help in every aspect of life too, not just the shopping thing...just good things to keep in mind and put in practice for self betterment.

Li Ka Shing is a pimp.. he wears plastic watches. so sweet

why is there a thread based on the fact that he has a couple handfuls of yohji and issey and CdG? there are plenty of other big spenders on the board that would be much more interesting to highlight.

yo i'm just fucking around

Agreed, insidertrading comes to mind.

because he doesn't frequent this forum as much as FTB.

His wife also killed herself and practically everyone in Hong Kong from cigar store frequenting tycoons to garbagemen talk shit about him because of what he does to shareholders. I wouldn't want to be him any day.

he grew up poor as shit though, so i don't blame him for being a chincy motherfucker

I wonder about 2000db's spending habits, for a while there he was picking up some seriously high priced items in japan, is he making a killing off his japanese proxy-buying service or what!!?

edit-also he mentioned that he doesn't have a job and isn't going to school and has no visa!

I wonder about 2000db's spending habits, for a while there he was picking up some seriously high priced items in japan, is he making a killing off his japanese proxy-buying service or what!!?

edit-also he mentioned that he doesn't have a job and isn't going to school and has no visa!

He runs one of those secret bars in Shinjuku where the floors are mirrors and the waitresses wear skirts with no panties.......

He runs one of those secret bars in Shinjuku where the floors are mirrors and the waitresses wear skirts with no panties.......

Wait a second. They wear... skirts? With... no... p...anties?

Mirrors?!? :eek:

Fade to black is cool because he keeps wearing the same (great) pieces which is the right way (IMHO) to really let each individual garment grow on you and gain some character + he wears yohji well which is no mean feat. I also heard he breathes fire and can turn into a giant mongoose to fight evil along with Mothra.