Henrik Vibskov S/S 07

pmpacrmb

The stuff is kind of disappointing, or, I'll say that Aloha Rag's buy was disappointing.

The Sovs cardigan seems promising, has anyone seen a better picture floating around?

Seven New York is going to be carrying Vibskov's S/S07 line, and they do online/phone orders.

not sure about you all, but i need me the underwear and the laptop case.

and soon, they will be mine.

He's got his style, that's for sure. I've seen the entire ss'07 line, and I have the lookbook actually, just don't know where it is. While some pieces are not for everyone, his line of accessories is absolutely brilliant. I am an eyewear store, and I still kick ass with his laptop covers, scarves and underwear. Sold out on most of the stuff, in fact, and waiting for them to resupply my stocks in the next few weeks.

I think it was more aloharag's buys that sucked, looking on the website his new collection is pretty nice.

i agree. aloharag's buyer (the guy featured wearing the glasses) should stick to playing golf.

My feeling exactly. I just looked through the mens lookbook and there are number of pieces I'd had ordered if I were a clothing store. Alas, I am an eyewear shop and must stick to accessories and such. In addition to Piggysan scarves and laptop covers I am thinking of getting Chicken, Cat and Dog Bags, some Dei Shorts and a couple of Mili jackets. Can't hurt to diversify. :D

Yea, that stuff is pathetic. It might be well constructed or fit great or something. But it is just ironic stuff that costs a lot of money. Smart consumers could find most all of that stuff elsewear for dirt cheap. It is convinient for lazy or brand based people i guess. Anyone who pays $170 for those sunglasses is a sucker. I am sorry because i see a lot of shit overpaid for but paying that much for ironic indie stuff is worse than what urban outfitters does.

To be fair to Vibskov, I don't necessarily consider it all "ironic" or whatever. He's from Denmark so I don't particularly imagine that he's catering to whatever scene you're insinuating, although some elements of his designs may appear to be doing so. Certainly, much like Jeremy Scott, he gets picked up by these types for those reasons, but the consumer doesn't always necessarily have the same reasons as the designer. Then again, I could be wrong.

I personally don't care much for it, although I always liked his shape t-shirt:

http://www.aloharag.com/highseas/assets/images/english/store/men/hv/tops/ss616purp/ss616purpa.jpg

That tee is pretty cool. Don't know if i'd be able to pull it off, but i like it. I do like the vibskov scarves i've seen people wear here and on the other sf though. I had no idea what their apparel was because i'd only seen scarves, hats and other accessories in waywt.

I don't know where some of you shop, but $170 for a pair of sunglasses is not that much, but that's beyond the point. As a designer Vibskov is definitely a force. You may not like it, or disagree with pricing, but that's pretty inconsequential... A lot of his designs sell out before they hit the shelves. :D

They got fucked by manufacturer btw and can't deliver chicken, cat and dog bags. :(

Scarves will be here in a week. :cool: Black, Red and Navy.

this stuff looks pretty expensive...and doesn't seem like anything special to warrant those kinda prices.

Yeah, this one really makes sense. :rolleyes:

His stuff does NOT look expensive, in fact, some pieces look like someone already wore them few times. It is not for everyone, but hey, Tom Waits' stuff is not for everyone either.

Yeah, this one really makes sense. :rolleyes:

His stuff does NOT look expensive, in fact, some pieces look like someone already wore them few times. It is not for everyone, but hey, Tom Waits' stuff is not for everyone either.

no no that's not what i meant...i'm all for quality clothes that look worn-in from the start, but this stuff seems really bland to me. The design, aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me, and i wouldn't pay those kinda prices for something like this even if i was reasonably into it.

Different strokes for different folks i guess