New store and Clothing line outta SF; UltraVitalence

kiddd128

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i like what you're doing. i prefer it over 10 deep and the hundreds all those hypeshit brands. your logo is neat, very simple and your clothes aren't obnoxious. i don't care how much the "name& name& name&" shirts are i still think they look clean. i agree with everyone else you could step up your creativity quite a bit. i think the line is so minimal that it could be easily overlooked. i think you have potential. if i drop by, do i get a superfuture hookup? haha. good luck chump

hey man.. a few things you might want to consider when talking about your denim..

first of all, that's not selvedge, at least from that photo i'm seeing, it's not selvedge.

second of all, saying your denim is "right hand twill" is the equivelent of saying "my jeans are made of cheap denim"

Left hand twill is premium denim that has a softer hand, and is more costly to produce. Right hand twill is what 99% of the world's denim is made of, as is yours.

*golf clap*

10fuckingchar

I have a serious question: why do all of these hoodies suck?

Wait, I'll answer it myself. Because the designers are trying way too fucking hard to do absolutely nothing. $200 for some spiderman lined hoodie? Do I know you? How the fuck can you rape that money from people and sleep at night? Oh wait, I'll answer again...no one's buying it.

thanks for the critique.

kiya- come through the shop, i would like to be properly schooled on denim.

1790 washington street

San Francisco Ca 94109

(that goes to the rest of you, you have you have something constructive to say im more then willing to listen)-

samiskle. superfuture hook up without a doubt.

augusto!! good to hear from you!

rest of you again thanks for the input.

diewhitegirls- hows wisconsin

thanks for the critique.

kiya- come through the shop, i would like to be properly schooled on denim.

1790 washington street

San Francisco Ca 94109

(that goes to the rest of you, you have you have something constructive to say im more then willing to listen)-

samiskle. superfuture hook up without a doubt.

augusto!! good to hear from you!

rest of you again thanks for the input.

diewhitegirls- hows wisconsin

Wisconsin sucks less than those hoodies, but just barely.

that paul, ringo, john, george shirt and it's many variations/knockoffs (mick, keith, etc) are everywhere urban outfitters, target, etc. whatever

I dont see any connection or influence from clockwork orange, other than the denim tag and font. Your photo spreads should be in all white back grounds, depicting rape.

i think if you focused more on the quality and cut of your line you would sell more. I think you need to get away from the screen printing. I know you want that streetwear look but if you want to be inovating and different i think you should lock up your screens and focus on material.

I think you got some nice stuff but i can see you have poential.

Your line looks like a line that might have been big about 10 to 12 months ago in the streetwear scene. The future of streetwear is quality and cut. Take a look at Wings And Horns. They are most definitly the top brand out there in my opinion. Untouchable.

gah, that's such a waste of nintendo themed sheets. i kept my two sided pillow cases. zelda on the back, mario on the front...those were better times.

as a consumer (not "potential buyer"; i doubt i'd ever buy your stuff), i can't put any faith in your business/goods when you're not even knowledgeable about your influences, rather the stuff your blatantly copying. such ignorance would leave any design student blushing shamefully during a studio presentation. plus the market your currently aiming for is stupid saturated. you might be a little late to jump on the wagon.

and i think cotton duck might be giving you too much credit. circles upon circles among the underage watering holes have had the exact same idea: "i should get into street wear. some prints, some hats, some hoodies. i'll be making solid gold bars!" but most of them never pulled the trigger because it'd probably turn out uninspired like the stuff on your site.

but i do appreciate the fact that you at least have a theme, but it ends there since you barely did anything creative with them.do some bubble diagrams and get some idea correlations.

and the future of streetwear as others here have said it in the fit and quality. right now, you're on some southpole/burlingame coat factory level. but it seems like you have the funds and means, so give it the ol' college try.

like servo, i think i hate myself for spending so much time on all of this.

Your website seems to be down. I checked out the stuff on the icecoldsake site though. I really like the bedsheet hoodies (though I'd never wear them, anything even remotely resembling streetwear just wouldnt fit in with the rest of my wardrobe). The tshirts I don't like too much though. I think that to print a shirt with just a large logo on it, the logo needs to have some sort of established meaning, and since it's your first line, you don't have that yet.

this has really been a growing experiance.

just to set the record straight, i worked hard to get where i am. none of that trust fund shit.

since you guys hate hoodys so much, maybe this would appeal to you. i would have put it out; but due to what actually sells, sometimes one has to be realistic. therefore i didnt produce it 31702931834fa443ba0ti9.jpg

HAHA, what kinda retail world were you working in????

Back when I did retail it was living paycheck 2 paycheck.

I highly doubt the bank would give you a loan, near to impossible for this industry.

If someone invested in you.... I hope they don't find this site and read this thread.

This would also be interesting, where did u come from, where's your influences? (other than clockwork orange and hypebeast)

I always wondered about this 'street'wear. It used to be street, how street is it now.

How street are you?

why does my situation really matter to you?

but since you itched ill scratch.

i havent worked that particular retail experiance since 04' which i mentioned if you actually read my responses. since then ive worked long exhausting hours as a bike messenger along with being a nude figure model on my off time. i had a dream, which i was willing to go out on all ends to achieve. Ive dedicated my young life to do this shit, even though apparently i dont know shit to you guys.

((maybe if you guys that have so much knowledge actually dropped it on the younger kids maybe there wouldnt be so much junk out there, but no one as a kid you gotta learn on your own with no help from the "truly enlightened(HA)")).

to give you the full break down, i spent some of my life in LA then San Diego, then San Francisco the Majority which was spent in the TL. i didnt live there by choice it was affordible. i didnt know you needed a resume to wear streetwear, considering prolly the majority of consumers are in the midwest.

Also i posted here on Superfuture and not lets say hypebeast persay, due to thinking there was a maturity factory going on. There is no difference between you guys and hypebeast kids. all you guys do is flame.

i went here cause i wanted a actual critique on my works, ive taken design classes along with going to design school, ive had harsh teachers along with easy teachers and have went through all the critism along the way. you guys are just negative. straight up negative.

i never said my denim was premium, the dude asked why the tag said selvedge so i explained why. right hand twill is in the explaination but never once did i say it was premium. i knew what it took me to get this line out and the price reflects that. if you guys have a problem thats fine, dont buy it. or come to the store and take a look for yourself (thats why i dropped the address, its not my home address.)

i really dont understand why you needed a response so bad, but since you wanted it here it is. i hope this completes your night.

i have nothing else to say.

Sincerely,

Elliott

yoo i've seen some of your work in the past, and from this collection, and while i wouldnt buy it personally. I do see some promise in what you're trying to do. But as everyone already said, your brand failed to carve a niche for itself.

alll over bedprint designs (homeroom and leroy got it on lock)

beatles "tee" check

etc etc. So really, i think you need to step up and bring something fresher and package it even more creatively than it is currently.

u blame everyone for hating, but i bet u wouldnt complain if everyone said they loved it without saying why

[quote name=homi29;28453

u blame everyone for hating' date=' but i bet u wouldnt complain if everyone said they loved it without saying why[/quote]

That sounds really stupid.

• 1 month later...

you guys are douche bags...you should've given this guy a chance. he didn't fucking troll your boards. he just came asking for an honest opinion; some of you gave him one, others just ran their damn mouth. i don't see you superhomos doing shit. you're not about shit.

btw, if you're looking for a good way to market, you should decide on who you want to sell your product to and then give away some free samples and shit wherever these dudes hang out.