Generic American Streetwear is popular in Japan?

Aeros

Well, according to Bobby Hundreds it is.

But seriously, as far as trends go, one thing that is noticeably different from when I was here a year ago is the infiltration of American streetwear brands into this market, just like home. And just like home, 10Deep is EVERYWHERE here! Other brands that I’ve been seeing consistently include Mighty Healthy, Crooks, aNYthing, and The Hundreds. But of course.

Is there any truth to this? I honestly can't believe that the Japanese market buys that shit (with the exception of aNYthing).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, the novelty value gos both ways. Rogan is something special in Japan. Fashion obsessed Japanese students on exchange here rave about True Religion jeans and HTC belts the way people here rave about Studio D'Artisans (and accessories company of your choice here.) Something imported more often than not has value added.

A couple of my bosses just came back from Tokyo, and they said Crooks is huge out there, along with the markup being insane ($300+ for the chain hoodies). They didn't mention anything about Mighty Healthy and The Hundreds, but I don't doubt it.

i was talking to the owner of Fresh in berkeley and he said the same thing about greedy genius in asia--like how bape is 300+ a hoody here, gg is 300+ over there.

woo first post!

aeros is ex-hypebeast-forums and now is trying way too hard to make up for his shameful past by hating on everything.

and now you know.

Actually I was banned from Hypebeast for hating on generic streetwear over there. So this is nothing new...

it's true, I remember walking through harajuku this past july and popping into stores stocked with mighty healthy, crooks & castles, 10 deep... however I didn't really see anybody dressed like the way american kids do it. The tees were running for around $50ish each so I'm guessing there's at least a market for the stuff over there

^The Hundreds, Crooks and Castles, 10 Deep, etc., etc. are all garbage.

It's the same repetitive crap with no artistic integrity.

wow so a scene fueled by mostly young innovative artist and the like creating there own clothing lines that is not defined by the music industry or by retail clothing giants lacks integrity

but japanese clothing companies pushing the boundry???????????

on okinawa, i dont see much streetwear. just a bunch of wierd avante garde shit. and a bunch of fake lrg, bape, and ice cream. the american kids in particular are fond of buying fakes and flossing them like theyre the shit.

ill take some pics one day. at least 10 fake ice cream sweaters can be seen on campus on any given day.

???????????

AK47 was created by Russians...... Im confused a little? Vietcong used them, but they arent Japs either.

Oh, those are all things I found on google images to make my new streetwear empire... coming to a blog near you.

(I hope I don't have to elaborate any further.)