Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

Went to some 4th of July BBQ yesterday, of course I cooked up a good amount of TOJ homemade jawnz to take with, took my girlfriend and doggy daughter, and everybody loved the dog.... but no one else brought any food, wtf? It was a bunch of grimy looking Korean Americans and the usual grimy English guys I hang out with like every 2 months.

When I put my well-maintained Japanese girlfriend up next to some fresh off the boat American girls, I see that my judgement does not fail me. One girl was young and has the potential for moonface later in life, but she wasn't terrible looking, but she was wearing a Hanes V neck and soccer shorts. Come on. I know you're supposed to get shitfaced on the 4th, but you don't have to exactly dress for that....

Anyone else watching Wimbleton? Amazing finals match right now. Also wtf I don't tink Roger Federer has sweat glands? Roddick looks like he just came out of the pool.

yeah, Roger Federer doesn't sweat. Or get angry. Or show any sort of emotion.

I love tennis.

The food I made:

pasta salad, with: large shells, olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, cauliflower, red and yellow bell pepper, feta cheese cubes and grana padano finely grated over everything, minced garlic, and then a homemade vinaigrette over all.

tons of vegetable sticks and homemade ranch and sour cream and french onion dip

Anaheim chiles, grilled and peeled, stuffed with fresh mozz and cheddar jack, breaded in a two layer katsu-style flour, egg, and panko crust, fried, served with a tomato sauce.

No one else brought anything, not even beer.

Half of the food I make/consume is always grail status food where I live too. I'm like the stylezeitgeist of Seoul food. dizzhizz can attest, he's eaten food with ingredients that I've personally imported from America or Japan.

dismal, you should use the money from TOJ to invest in the taco truck and be a traveling chef, selling jawns and grail status meals at decent prices, effectively bringing food and steez to the people.

Right now, the food and steez to the victims thing is in effect, one local and one global. Someday that might be able to balance itself out, but trust me, I'm squeezing every last drop of my own swagger into coming through on my promises.

I was at 4th bbq yesterday but seriously food was pretty weak with lame wings and flavorless unmarinaded meats. Bounced early and ate hearty at a korean street food joint. Kim bap, kimchee rice, japchae, spicy ricecake with ramen, mandoo, etc...

Then watched fireworks on the hudson from the NJ side drinking Tecate.

We bounced early too, after seeing the US Army's fireworks show. Went to a wine bar, drank a bottle of Australian wine and put the dog to sleep on the sofa next to me.

Bar was owned by the same gay actor who appeared in several of my superconfessional/random thoughts posts a few years back, this guy makes an appearance in my life pretty regularly. This time he was just loving on my dog while she was trying to sleep and wasn't cruising me, since I was with my gf and he was with his bf.

Also watched some white girl try on like 3 or 4 outfits from scratch, i.e new panties and bra for each, from the deck, while grilling chicken wings. That made up for the other people not chipping in on food.

I (gf) bought like $200 worth of alcohol from Costco today, plus some cheese and another bulk of box tissues for picking up dog poop, and am on my 5th Corona with lime. Life isn't bad.

Working with children is for overly optimistic, underpaid people who don't really have a say in the world.

which is funny because while I do generally like children, I'm burned out on the job, and I'm hardly an optimistic person. This is my seventh summer working at the same camp, after going to the camp for 5 years prior. Had I really gone out of my way, I would've found a job elsewhere that pays more, but since it was a job I knew I would have waiting for me, I took it. I'm supplementing my menial and depressing income from that job by teaching tennis lessons on the weekend and after work, but since I've been sick I haven't been able to do shit lately.

My plan for next summer is completely different, though.

I really wish they'd get the iPhone in Korea because my motorola is dog-chewed, about 70% broken, and on its last legs. Korean consumers are probably the least informed, most fooled, and least tasteful people when it comes to material shit.

tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tick tick

maybe thats why im so glum lately

You ought to try working the myspace angles and outright lying/myth creating, like the rest of the superfuture females. It's not that you're unwanted, I just think you'd do better that way, at least e-life wise...

really? i work with children and while i hate the teacher assistant-ing part, i love working in the daycare.

except some of the little rascals jump on me repeatedly and ask for piggyback rides. that part is not fun at all

but hey dismal way to go :) live the summer life the right way (the drinking beer part, not so much unfulfilled burned out part...)

Working with children is for overly optimistic, underpaid people who don't really have a say in the world.

some people are satisified with this lifestyle, and then they show up to BBQ's in white Hanes tees and soccer short and flip flops, and don't bring any food or drink to the party but expect to eat and drink...

crissy, I've been walking around the same 15 acres for close to 13 years, every summer... it's gotten beyond that "lame" point.

This is my last year, I've already decided. Since I'm moving back to NY for good, and probably gonna be taking a year in England after next summer, I definitely gotta find some real work, not the same summer-camp schtick I've been doing for most of my working life.