THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

flathead 3001

samuari 710xx

eternal 864

skull 5010xx

rrl slim

somet slim

I want something slightly looser than my new cures, but since i am a 32 waist, i dont want them to look real baggy on me..

im a size 31 in APCs

ive had a 32 in flathead 3001s, and they were too tight in the waist/thighs i like my jeans to sit on my hips

soo...

Im thinking another pair of FH3001s, but i am nto sure

Need some advice on my first pair of raw denim.

Should I get APC or Nudies?

If you think APC, then should I get Standard or New Standard or Rescue? All 3 of these fits seem similar to me. Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge/trained eye, so I don't see what the differences are.

If you think Nudies, should I get Average Joe or Even Steven? I want something looser than Slim Jim. And I don't want a bootcut fit like RR.

Thanks

Need some advice on my first pair of raw denim.

Should I get APC or Nudies?

If you think APC, then should I get Standard or New Standard or Rescue? All 3 of these fits seem similar to me. Maybe I just don't have enough knowledge/trained eye, so I don't see what the differences are.

If you think Nudies, should I get Average Joe or Even Steven? I want something looser than Slim Jim. And I don't want a bootcut fit like RR.

Thanks

Get the APCs. I have a pair of NS and a pair of SJDJ and I much prefer my APCs. The denim feels better, and the fit is awesome. It's also cheaper.

Thanks

APC NS are a great suggestion, though you said you wanted something looser than SJ's.

Even with APC's infamous stretching, know that NS's sized down two will be about as slim in profile as the SJ's...give or take; at least in the first few stages of jean-life. Just something to think about, if you think SJ's are too slim for you.

Need a pair of black denim quick...

Skull 5010xx

Nudie SJ/Thin Fins

Imperial Dukes (?)

And sizes? I'm a waist 31. Looking for a very slim fit, but not ball clenching skinny fit.

Saw a guy wearing Imperial Dukes and they were too shiny for my taste. The denim appeared that way throughout so I'm pretty certain it wasn't fading... although I'm not completely sure. Can anyone confirm how Imperial black denim are?

Also, not looking for a pair of black deim that fade.

The Steam Locomotive D51XXX ¥27100

http://www.g-a-r-d-e-n.com/onlineshop/view-a1-299.html

or

Valkyrie Ebara 00P15 ¥19950

http://valkyrie.bz/ebara/index.html

... OR BOTH??!?!

I have a pair of the d51's and highly recommend them. They are beautiful - the finish is raw and fibrous (for the lack of a better word - very different from my samurai's). you won't be disappointed. They don't have a very modern cut (which I actually like about it), so you might not be happy with the fit if you are looking for something super slim.

I don't know much about the other pair - so you might want to wait for ringring or someone well versed in the elder scrolls to weigh in before you make your decision.

Need a pair of black denim quick...

Skull 5010xx

Nudie SJ/Thin Fins

Imperial Dukes (?)

And sizes? I'm a waist 31. Looking for a very slim fit, but not ball clenching skinny fit.

Also, not looking for a pair of black deim that fade.

Of the four listed, Imperial are probably the best denim-wise. Fit wise I'd say Skulls. Skinniest, maybe TF's. SJDB's are kind of middle of the road, between the four, fit-wise.

I was a big fan of the skulls, until I read all the recent longevity problems with them. So of the four, I'd go with the Imperials, though honestly I'm not a fan of it's higher rise.

The SJDB's aren't too bad of an option, if the Imperials are out of your price range. SJDB have the best weight/denim of the SJ's imho and can be found fairly cheap used.

But if you're going to spend near/over 2 bills for a pair, I'd check out PBJ-XX005BKs or the FH4001BKs, as well.

And most, if not all raw black denim are sob's to fade, so I wouldn't really worry about that issue too much.

Of the four listed, Imperial are probably the best denim-wise. Fit wise I'd say Skulls. Skinniest, maybe TF's. SJDB's are kind of middle of the road, between the four, fit-wise.

I was a big fan of the skulls, until I read all the recent longevity problems with them. So of the four, I'd go with the Imperials, though honestly I'm not a fan of it's higher rise.

The SJDB's aren't too bad of an option, if the Imperials are out of your price range. SJDB have the best weight/denim of the SJ's imho and can be found fairly cheap used.

But if you're going to spend near/over 2 bills for a pair, I'd check out PBJ-XX005BKs or the FH4001BKs, as well.

And most, if not all raw black denim are sob's to fade, so I wouldn't really worry about that issue too much.

Sweet info.

Probably going to try to stick closer to one bill for these... Just purchased Indigo denim a few weeks ago, and I need black denim to change it up every once and awhile.

I was excited for the Skulls too because their fit looks amazing - exactly what I'm looking for. They go for fairly cheap in the Supermarket and I'm not sure if I should go for them. I've loved the fit of all the Skull pictures I've seen. Just for future reference, what jeans would be the cloest to the skulls cut? The PBJ's and FHs?

^PBJs and FH's will be similar in that they're both slim, straight leg models...so both of them are more or less a similar cut. Difference between these two will be more about denim character, rather than fit, imho.

The skulls are slim as well, but tapered...so comparing to both the PBJ/FH's...regardless of either one, they'll appear slimmer because of the leg taper.

Going off the top of my head and using a size 30 as reference, Skulls hem is around 7.3-7.5" and the PBJ/FH's are around 7.8"-8.0". From the knee up though, all three are pretty tight fitted and similar. And rise, I believe it goes pbj<fh<skulls...from low to highest. Hope that helps.

I'm also stuck looking for a black pair. I'm torn between the PBJxx005bk, Samurai S5000bk, and Dior 21s. I was looking for more of a slim-straight fit. Any other recommendations besides these? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Out of those, the sams would be my choice because the stitching isn't high-contrast against the denim. Flathead also makes a few black models...so does Somet, Fullcount, SDA, Imperial, and Skull has a bunch.

I'm also stuck looking for a black pair. I'm torn between the PBJxx005bk, Samurai S5000bk, and Dior 21s. I was looking for more of a slim-straight fit. Any other recommendations besides these? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Iron Heart 1634s. They're between straight and slim-straight, black, and will last infinity billion years.

Well, I just placed my order for Sammies s5000bk from their website. Not sure if the order went through, i'll find out in a day or two if i get an email, or if my CC got charged. Thanks for all the help guys. I was really really close to getting the Iron Hearts, or the Skulls. It is on my list for teh next big denim purchase, thanks again.

I did order a size 29, because the size chart on BiG showed that it was really 31, taking into consderation, stretching (if any) do you think it will be too tight if i wear a 31 -32 usually?

Well, I just placed my order for Sammies s5000bk from their website. Not sure if the order went through, i'll find out in a day or two if i get an email, or if my CC got charged. Thanks for all the help guys. I was really really close to getting the Iron Hearts, or the Skulls. It is on my list for teh next big denim purchase, thanks again.

I did order a size 29, because the size chart on BiG showed that it was really 31, taking into consderation, stretching (if any) do you think it will be too tight if i wear a 31 -32 usually?

If you ordered Sam's from their website for shipment to Toronto, the order won't go through. They don't ship internationally any more. Try 2nd or BiG. Size down 1 for a snug/normal fit, down 2 for a slim fit, or true to size for a loose/regular fit.

s710, SExIH, or SExSC

SExIH if you can get one. These are the best cut, and the denim is ridiculous.

Between the SExSC and the 710xx, I would go SExSC unless you really want/need the taper of the 710xx's. That being said, I was trying to decide between these three a few weeks ago and now I own (or have preordered) all three. Good luck, you can't really lose.