what are you watching today?

red

070718_TV_madMenEX.jpg

i finished the first season yesterday, disappointed to be honest. Interesting show, and some amazing characters and possibilities but it all seems a little overwrought and never really lived up to its potential in my mind.

should i try season 2, or give up???

070718_TV_madMenEX.jpg

i finished the first season yesterday, disappointed to be honest. Interesting show, and some amazing characters and possibilities but it all seems a little overwrought and never really lived up to its potential in my mind.

should i try season 2, or give up???

watch the 2nd season

Someone in here posted The Great Happiness Space. Just watched. Opened my eyes to an interesting sub-culture. Found this quote in an article that struck a chord.

“ヤクザは裏切られちゃってもいいです。人を裏切っちゃだめです。人を裏切ったら自分のことも使用できなくなる。自分のことを信用できないと、そして他人も信用しなくなるんだ。それは寂しい生き方だ。男の生き方じゃない」

As a yakuza, it’s okay to be betrayed. Don’t be the one to betray other people. If you betray (double-cross) others, you won’t be able to trust yourself. And if you can’t trust yourself (to be loyal, to keep your promises) you’ll grow not to trust others as well. And that’s a lonely life. And not the way a man should live.”

The Killer Inside Me... Hard to watch and realize its not suppose to be, but really wasn't that good. Imagine the book came across better.

KillerInside1.jpg

Been meaning to sit down and give this my full attention for awhile. Excellent. Easily one of the best modern westerns I've seen. Thanks for the reminder Baeyer.

Theproposition.jpg

^Seriously, huh. I haven't felt that impressed by a film in a while, and I don't want to hype it, but I did go out and by a Nick Cave short prose compilation immediately afterwards. Nick Cave is officially an accomplished musician, actor, screenplay writer, and author. Talented guy.

^Seriously, huh. I haven't felt that impressed by a film in a while, and I don't want to hype it, but I did go out and by a Nick Cave short prose compilation immediately afterwards. Nick Cave is officially an accomplished musician, actor, screenplay writer, and author. Talented guy.

I must say i thought The Proposition was probably the best australian film i have seen, and definitely one of the best modern westerns. My only criticism is that i think nick cave try's to be a little overly poetic at times, and as much as he enjoys the idea of arthur burns being this perfect poetic warrior it seems a little overwrought. I have actually watched it a couple of times and the more you watch it i think the more aware you become. But a fantastic film nonetheless.

wait, have you seen Walkabout?

that is one of my favorite films ever

walkabout.jpg

ok that's it, i'm watching The Proposition next

big nick cave fan here

and western fan

so the bar is pretty high

| haven't in a long long time, i remember thinking it was pretty amazing though, might have to be on my list of films to rewatch!

^Damn. Is it out in Aus cinemas or did you watch it on the internets? I missed it at the Sydney Underground Film Festival :(

Proposition is old, came out in 2005

I think its pretty unanimously known Nick Cave is God.

Felt like watching this again after seeing Winters Bone. Lucero score and Michael Shannon are great.

00264.jpg

Probably the 3rd best? Halloween sequel involving Michael Myers. llcooj>busta. halloween at dawson's creek in the best way possible.

halloweenh20.jpg