what are you watching today?

red

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

I Saw the Devil (sorry Mass, couldn't find your warning in this thread). Sorry, moving a discussion over here from Style Inspiration. Minor spoilers but not really.

ah.. It's alright. I think if you're familiar with korean/hk/etc cinema, you may find it a bit predictable.

You fuckers could've at least warned me it was a gigantic waste of time.....
i dun warned duns in the wàywatchingt thread
???

I thought it was really good. I liked it better than A Bittersweet Life.

...I Saw the Devil was straight up garbage.
I guess I just like garbage... It wasn't an amazing movie, but I don't think it was garbage. As vague as this is I'm still being serious, recommend me some good movies.

I Saw the Devil... I dunno man. It just stretched every imaginable level of credulity. Stupid plan, hilarious plan execution, plot holes, unstoppable main character, sexual violence just to show it, ridiculously stupid shit going on (dropping the box in the beginning; just letting the man chill in his house beaten half to death; how he gets jyeongchul in his car at the end; the little fight sequence as the main character tries to walk up to the detective's house). If you cut out the production quality, I could easily see this being a terrible B movie.

If you need to see quality revenge flicks, just go with the Vengeance Trilogy. I'm having a real tough time understanding how you could like I Saw the Devil more than A Bittersweet Life.

I Saw the Devil (sorry Mass, couldn't find your warning in this thread). Sorry, moving a discussion over here from Style Inspiration. Minor spoilers but not really.

I Saw the Devil... I dunno man. It just stretched every imaginable level of credulity. Stupid plan, hilarious plan execution, plot holes, unstoppable main character, sexual violence just to show it, ridiculously stupid shit going on (dropping the box in the beginning; just letting the man chill in his house beaten half to death; how he gets jyeongchul in his car at the end; the little fight sequence as the main character tries to walk up to the detective's house). If you cut out the production quality, I could easily see this being a terrible B movie.

If you need to see quality revenge flicks, just go with the Vengeance Trilogy. I'm having a real tough time understanding how you could like I Saw the Devil more than A Bittersweet Life.

I saw the whole vengeance trilogy already. Love that fucking series.

I'm not really a fan of ambiguous endings so I guess that's part of why I didn't like it as much. I didn't like the sappy character development between the guy and his boss' gf/wife, but then again I guess that's an Asian/Korean movie for you.

With k-movies, I really like the chaser the most for some reason. Even with the stupid police and extremely straight forward story. Iono I'm prolly not even making sense right now. l o l