what are you watching today?

red

gomorrah-01.jpg

genuine unglamorous hustles

what did you think??

I was a little disappointed from memory, probably because i was watching the wire at the same time. but i think it tried to tell to many stories with to little depth in any of them....

what did you think??

I was a little disappointed from memory, probably because i was watching the wire at the same time. but i think it tried to tell to many stories with to little depth in any of them....

There is definitely alot of plot happening. I liked the disjointed feel, and while I would agree there was a lack of depth, I thought it did bolster the tales as a whole, as they are all so separate. Especially in a 2-hour format. The hugeness of it all is at the heart of the film, yet really all you have to guess at it are these kind of staccato glimpses scattered out in front of you, you know?

I think its best merit is its telling of the daily grind of the old school mafia. No brash narratives of flamboyant crime to be found here. Here, they're quietly dumping toxic waste and running garment rackets.