what are you watching today?

red

ohsnap:

life is beautiful (italy)

city of god (brazil)

the boat (germany, watch this one in the dark with a good screen and speaker set-up.)

hmmm they're some that just came to mind, it'd be too hard for me to make a favourites list :)

Anybody recommend any of their own personal favorite films?

Any genre (preferably indie, classic, foreign, overlooked/underrated)

So far, all I have is Blow-Up and American Psycho on my queue.

Shichinin no Samurai

Yojimbo

The Seventh Seal

Winter Light (retarded title translation, btw) - Through a Glass Darkly - The Silence

Solaris

Breaking the Waves

Breathless

Alphaville

Band of Outsiders

All About my Mother

c1af3477.jpg

THIS is a pretty fucking dope movie poster. Great film, I love gus van sant. I remember watching his film elephant when I was maybe 14 and being blown away. His 5 minute segment of Paris, J'taime is definitely one of the best in the montage-film.

Tonight I am watching

2j5gzh3.jpg

Last Days was better than I thought it was going to be. More watchable than Elephant, the other film i had seen when Van Sant was going on this type of film kick. Gus always has nice camera work. Pitt's own performance of his song "Death to Birth" wasn't bad either.

^Very watchable, highly entertaining.

+

The major and minor story arcs/histories kept largely intact.

Most of even the minor characters (eg, the psychologist/iatrist who treats Rorschach in prison) look exactly as they do in the book.

Very ecclectic soundtrack.

-

The only things I thought were overdone were the fight scenes and the OTT gore (which was kind of cool but digressed from the style of the novel).

Several subplots from the comic were left out (unavoidable given the ultimatum put to Snyder).

Overall, a fairly faithful adaptation of the comic book. I think Snyder has done pretty well to create a film that should satisfy fans and newcomers alike. Nothing earth-shattering but I was pretty impressed.

Guest jmatsu
^Very watchable, highly entertaining.

+

The major and minor story arcs/histories kept largely intact.

Most of even the minor characters (eg, the psychologist/iatrist who treats Rorschach in prison) look exactly as they do in the book.

Very ecclectic soundtrack.

-

The only things I thought were overdone were the fight scenes and the OTT gore (which was kind of cool but digressed from the style of the novel).

Several subplots from the comic were left out (unavoidable given the ultimatum put to Snyder).

Overall, a fairly faithful adaptation of the comic book. I think Snyder has done pretty well to create a film that should satisfy fans and newcomers alike. Nothing earth-shattering but I was pretty impressed.

i heard the soundtrack was lame.

gonna watch it this weekend. what up with that one robinson crusoe-like comic in the comic? was that in the movie?