What do you do for a living?

mufid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, is that a popular field? I'm not in the least bit jealous! No offense, it just seems like unbearable work to me.

Investment Banker in NYC. [expects 8000 pm's about how to get into investment banking].

Well, it is a highly desirable job for those who are interested. However the root of my sarcasm is that every time I post that I'm an i-banker in new york, my inbox gets flooded by strangers with "how can I get into i-banking?" questions.

No offense taken whatsoever. In fact, it's refreshing to encounter people who find my job terribly uninteresting.

Well, it is a highly desirable job for those who are interested. However the root of my sarcasm is that every time I post that I'm an i-banker in new york, my inbox gets flooded by strangers with "how can I get into i-banking?" questions.

No offense taken whatsoever. In fact, it's refreshing to encounter people who find my job terribly uninteresting.

Too many people are enchanted by the high paycheck w/o knowing the nature of the job or the duress that comes with it. The only people I've met who last in banking longer than a couple years actually enjoy the work and it's often quite obvious who those people are. Coming from an ex-consultant who knows he doesn't care enough to hack it in banking.

Too many people are enchanted by the high paycheck w/o knowing the nature of the job or the duress that comes with it. The only people I've met who last in banking longer than a couple years actually enjoy the work and it's often quite obvious who those people are. Coming from an ex-consultant who knows he doesn't care enough to hack it in banking.

Very well said. You really have to be satisfied and care about the work to keep it up for more than a handful of years. I don't think those who "don't care" ever make it that far. Not because they're incapable, but because there are equally capable who care that much more. It's just too overwhelming (understandingly so) if you are the type of guy/woman who eventually wants to be around for your family a little more. While you're in your 20's with nobody to look out for though, going hard is a little easier to rationalize.

i think we r ok brother...next year will be our 15th!

Our UK branch is 21, but our US office (where I work) is only 6. Kind of a struggle, but it's all I want to be doing!

Starbucks Facility Technican - Plumber...

most, if not all the people that works @ starbucks stores are retarded... sorry i mean mentally challenged... they either call for the things they can resolve easily, or they wait until a small problem becomes a big one...

but its all good... without people like them... i wouldnt be able to live in Manhattan... lol

holla, where are you studying, what year are you in? I am in Canada, and just finishing undergrad ( I have two interviews in the next two weeks in Ontario gah). If I don t get in this year, I am going to apply to the states and am strongly looking at Columbia because they seem to welcome international students more than others.

For all the other premed/med folks, where are you/ where are you thinking of going?