What do you do for a living?

mufid

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a "designer", so basically i get to hear what i did wrong after a product is finished, usually by the people who are all about it during the fleshing ou of the concept.

also i get to deal with people who want me to pay them because they came to the same conclusion as me with an idea, which is fun concidering how poor i am.

also work retail in a "streetwear/graffiti" shop, general manager at a hip hop/dance music store, and do whatever side jobsi can to keep my head above water.

oh yeah, i started a brand, horrible idea.

How many years of consulting did you do before MBA? Also, what was your uni. and major for undergrad/grad/ph.d. before hand? PM me if its more comfortable.

Sorry, didn't see this till now- I don't mind posting here. I did 2 years of consulting & 3 years of tech management before that. As for pre-MBA education, dropped out of a state school to catch the tail-end of the dot-com bubble. A few years later, after moving to NYC, I transferred into NYU to finish up a History & Mgmt degree post-haste so that I could apply to b-school.

IIRC from a prior similar thread, you're in IB and went to Stanford, right? If you're in a name-brand bank, it's probably safe to say your GPA is high. So assuming you have a good story and can write well, you're set for a top 10 program with a strong chance for top 5, in my opinion.

Just to echo some other posters, I'm always amazed at how much money people drop here. My wife and I cleared $250k last year and I still feel like I'm stretching it if I spend more than $500/mo on clothing. Maybe it's my debt-averse lower middle-class southern upbringing or anal saving habits kicking in, but when I added things up at the end of the year, I felt like a retard for spending so much on attire.

still don't know where i'm gonna land after graduation, i'm tentatively decided on corporate research as it'll give me a few years to establish myself and accumulate the capital and resources for what i really wanna do. I wanna tackle China, especially the online market. I got some ideas brewing in my head but am a bit scared to get into it straight out. like sending a sheep into a lion's den....fuck i might as well just take the plunge and see where i end up. I gotta start letting myself go and stop playing it safe/wallowing in uncertainty. Anything's gotta be better than being a feather floating in the wind. I just don't know what....

im a "designer", so basically i get to hear what i did wrong after a product is finished, usually by the people who are all about it during the fleshing ou of the concept.

Video Editor here with the same problems. Funny how those things cross all lines of business. It's also funny how I'm applying to design grad schools because I have the stupid idea that things would be different if I were working on product design. But I'm more wanting to get into business design, like "manager of user experience" positions that seem to be big in the huge companies now.

I also referee soccer on the weekends and dabble in selling stuff on eBay for scraps.

im also looking for a new job. so hit me up if you got the hook up.

My ideal job would preferably be in an office, girl to guy ratio of 5 girls to 2 or maybe 3 guys, packed with good looking girls, single of course, good to excellent pay, light work load, a managment position would be nice, weekends off, friday half days.

And maybe also late start mondays for those sunday drinkers.

i quit my job recently, someone get me a new job.

5+ years of exp. in publicity and marketing

all hook ups accepted.

Wasn't it you who just recently took a new job and was conflicted on how to go about leaving the last one? Guess that didn't last long, eh?