RRL coming soon!!!!

blake

we are nearing the end of the season, but here is what we have or have had this season....edwin, cheap mondays, rag and bone, nudie, prps...next season we have even more limited stuff coming including april77, kicking mule and chumala. we are trying very hard to change the assortment to include more new brands that are more limited in scope. BTW i did not write any true religion for spring for the first time. I cannot stand the sight of it any more.........

any word on sugarcane blake? I know you were talking to me about them for a bit last time I was in.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RRL is the vintage inspired denim arm of Ralph Lauren.

kinda, except the RRL concept is really more along the lines of "ranch wear;" it's far from exclusively a denim brand. lots of leather, lots of wool, lots of heavily weathered garments. they've done a few lines that are kinda navy-inspired, too. that, and the RRL stores usually have nearly as much (admittedly over-priced) vintage stuff as they do RRL-branded stuff.

and as i mentioned before, all the product that we will be getting in going to be denim from japan and manufactured in kentucky.

What do you mean by "manufactured in kentucky." I guess more specifically where, or how do you define manufactured.

The reason I ask is because I grew up in a small town called Henderson, KY (please don't hold that against me). Growing up, one of my classmates was a relative to the owners of Sights Denim Systems. A while back when I started getting into denim and found out about superfuture and all this info on denim, I thought about trying to pick up a part time job there to get experience in "the industry" and some cheap jeans. When I googled them, I found all these articles about the company that I had no idea about. I knew they started out stonewashing jeans & they still did washing, but there's way more than I thought. (I should really try to get that job there)

THIS is a very recent article about how the company is working on doing washing & distressing for companies such as Rogan, Paper Denim and Cloth, Ernest Sewn, Ralph Lauren (Double RL Collection) and Levi’s. (Have I mentioned how I need to try & get a part time job there so I can get some denim?)

Anyway, in a long-rambling, roundabout way, I was just wondering if they are actually manufactured in Kentucky (sewing, stitching, putting them together...) or if they are just doing some finishing work on them. Sorry to bore you to death with all this, but I found it interesting especially all of it being in my back yard.

this is no doubt going to be sights. i remember hearing that they put together a little deal a while back. the denim will probably be japanese but the construction and any distessing maybe will be sights

What do you mean by "manufactured in kentucky." I guess more specifically where, or how do you define manufactured.

I will let all of you know when i get more info. I just flew back to nyc to preview everything and to make sure i was going to be one of the ten stores that got the poduct. As i mentioned, they did an overview and mentioned a few of these things. They did tell me that i would be provided with ALL the information that i wanted as we got closer. They will be giving me very detailed written information regarding all the product including exactly how it is made. I will let you all know all the details as i get it. RIght now i have the limited information that they gave me during the two hour appt.

• 1 month later...

fyi

the rrl jeans on ebay are not the same as the current ones going into wholesale and in the rrl stores. the new fabrics are all developed specifically for rrl in japan. the current jeans are sewn in the u.s. and washed in the u.s. the fabrics are being produced at absolutly the best mills in japan. in terms of the fits, the current fits are the best, often the ones on ebay are from old stock 3-4 years old. any of teh ones labeled made in japan do not fit as well. in terms of measurements, on the waist measurement, obviously a low rise jean measures bigger than the tagged waist size, it sits on your hips.

I'm kinda sure that this new venture by RRL will once again fail with the masses.

And when that does, I will be on ebay buying alot of 30 dollar rrl pieces.

Is this the same stuff as in the RL store in West Village about 3 weeks ago or is that last seasons? They had nearly all selvage denim in various washes, prices starting at $200ish and up.

I'm kinda sure that this new venture by RRL will once again fail with the masses.

And when that does, I will be on ebay buying alot of 30 dollar rrl pieces.

That will not happen. I just saw the finished product and it is amazing. also there is not going to be enough product out there to liquidate on ebay. It was only shown to about 8 stores.

blake, do you know what other stores in the US are going to be carrying RRL? Many of the Ralph Lauren stores I've been to (Phoenix, Atlanta, etc) don't even carry it.

1)me portland (blake)

2)villains s.f

3)hollywood trading los angeles

4)scott hill los angles (but wrote an order with no denim)

5)e-street denim highland park ill

6)post blue jeans

7)blue bee santa barbera

8)some store in new hampshire that i have not heard of....

no one will have it online. It will be in select polo stores

how about the RL store on madison ave?

I believe they are going to be available in the RRL stores

I am going to get shipped product in july. They are going to provide a VERY detailed manual of every single detail about the product. This will come in a leather bound locked book that I will have in the store. It will detail every single detail about the brand fabric, factories down to what truck the product in being shipped on. I will post any information that you want at that point.

blake, will you be doing email/phone orders?

I will be doing orders over the phone. as it stands now, no one will be able to actaully sell them on their websites, but i can let you know what i am going to have and take pics and e-mail them to you. I can tell you that i ordered a straight leg in three washes, a boot in three washes and a slim. They are going to all be selvedge.....I will have a ton of technical details on all the denim as we get closer to delivery time and i will let you know EVERYTHING about them.

• 2 weeks later...

RRL...is one of the most under-rated US labels....well done sir....

it's denim is one of the best in the world, loomed narrow in Kyoto by some of the best denim producer in Japan, great indigos too.

they went to the best and got it

if you want a well made and well designed US brand jean then RRL is the best.

Neil

I was in chicago this past weekend and checked out the ralph lauren store on michigan ave. They had a good selection of RRL jeans at least. I didn't really look at anything else. A friend almost bought a pair but they didn't seem to have anything in a 31 waist. Anyway, I was fairly impressed by the jeans. Good fits and really nice denim. Some of the hard washes were even pretty nice. I want to say that the jeans are all made in USA but i'm not 100% on that.

~my $.02