RRL coming soon!!!!

blake

I was just in NYC because we were chosen as one of ten stores in the US who will be allowed to carry RRL. The collection was amazing. Jeans, jackets, sweatshirts, bags and tees. We will be getting in in july. The prices are going to be decent for what you are getting. 225-350 for denim. e-mail for details. thanks, blake

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are going to have four fits and about 6 washes per fit. they are using denim from japan and it will all be done here in the states. i will get all the technical info as we get closer including a manual that explains everything that will be done to the jeans. it is going to be amazing.

they are going to have four fits and about 6 washes per fit. they are using denim from japan and it will all be done here in the states. i will get all the technical info as we get closer including a manual that explains everything that will be done to the jeans. it is going to be amazing.

What's your store?

These are not different from the ones on ebay just the ones on ebay are old stock. If you get them NWT you'll see MRSPs of about $180-250 each but they generally go for WAY less on ebay

the store is called blake in portland, or. the new product is going to be different because it is going to be processed differently. Ralph Lauren is getting personally involved again and it it being done by a small team who feels very strongly about the brand. distribution is going to be very small. The ones on ebay are mostly used.

The prices are going to be decent for what you are getting. 225-350 for denim.

Why did the prices jump up an extra $100? You can still get RRL for $175-$250. And nevermind the sales online, instore and what not. Don't understand if it's the same product. I doubt ol' Ralph is ready to get off his pile of money to get involved.

I was just in NYC because we were chosen as one of ten stores in the US who will be allowed to carry RRL. The collection was amazing. Jeans, jackets, sweatshirts, bags and tees. We will be getting in in july. The prices are going to be decent for what you are getting. 225-350 for denim. e-mail for details. thanks, blake

good call, blake. after scoring a beautiful pair on eBay for $40, i doubt i could pony up those prices... but i was in the prince st. store in october and saw their current denim line-up, which looks excellent. good luck with it!

(btw - you still have that black rag+bone shirt jacket (size M) on the sale rack? regretting not picking it up a few months ago...)

it is not going to be the same product. the processes are going to be more involved. I can tell you for a fact that he is getting involved (ralph). he is even going to be doing one of a kinds that he is going to be signing and selling. he does not care if he makes money on this brand. He is doing it out of his strong passion for the brand.

as of last time i was in blake had nudies, prps, cheap monday, edwin and a few other things in. Pretty sure they are slimming down on the mall stuff and trying to bring in some cool brands. If you are in portland def stop by and talk to blake. He is a great guy and is def passionate about denim. The rest of their clothing is great too. A great selection of jackets and sweatshirts too.

tracktown, tracktown, tracktown, tracktown......

While browsing the RRL store on Prince St., I noticed that everything (besides denim) is now made in China. I'm not at home so I can't check my closet, but I'm 98% sure that my older items from them were made elsewhere.

Blake, did they address any of these details in your meeting?

While browsing the RRL store on Prince St., I noticed that everything (besides denim) is now made in China. I'm not at home so I can't check my closet, but I'm 98% sure that my older items from them were made elsewhere.

Blake, did they address any of these details in your meeting?

as luck would have it, i'm wearing an RRL western shirt from the mid-90's right now -- made in china.

they said that everything was now going to be US made which is probably accounting for the increase in price. Some of the thing they were going to do sounded amazing. they have these bags dyed with persimmon......

Why did the prices jump up an extra $100? You can still get RRL for $175-$250. And nevermind the sales online, instore and what not. Don't understand if it's the same product. I doubt ol' Ralph is ready to get off his pile of money to get involved.

I read this Ralph Lauren biography and one thing that they kept mentioning was Ralph's commitment to making denim. He's doggedly tried to get Polo and his other companies to the top of the denim heap, and despite the fact that he's failed at this venture numerous times--not to mention lost of a lot of money doing so--hasn't deterred him at all. I am not surprised one bit to learn that he is going to be personally involved in this process.

as luck would have it, i'm wearing an RRL western shirt from the mid-90's right now -- made in china.

As usual, I think I'm wrong on this.

My jeans (2-3 years ago): Made in USA -- though this has never changed, I believe.

Buckleback pants (3 years ago): Made in DR

And alas...

Cotton sweatshirt (3 years ago): Made in China

The new inner-labels make the "Made in China" much more prominent, whereas my sweatshirt has it in a smaller, fancier script off to the side. Ultimately, I'm the idiot here.

i do not know if this makes anyone feel better, or have a greater appreciation for what he is going to do with RRL, but they told me he just spend a fortune to buy back "polo jeans company" just to completely dismantle it. In a month the brand will no longer exist. He really cares about making denim and making it well.

not to derail the thread too much, but whats the fit on those like. Does it run as large as every other polo shirt?

i'd be leery of basing your buying decisions off of something made 10 years ago... i have items from many different RRL lines, and the fit will always vary. your best bet - if you're buying on eBay - is to ask for measurements.

but to play the devil's advocate, the two RRL snap-shirts i have are mediums and i wear a 40/50 suit. the shoulders fit very well, but i've had them tapered and shortened by a tailor because they fit a little long and boxy initially.

as of last time i was in blake had nudies, prps, cheap monday, edwin and a few other things in. Pretty sure they are slimming down on the mall stuff and trying to bring in some cool brands.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I saw, except they didn't have Cheap Mondays yet and I can't remember if there were Edwins or not. Nudie selection was limited to a few pairs of Olas. Lots of True Religions and stuff. It might have been longer than six months since I've been there, now that I think about it. I did ask about A.P.Cs since I hadn't tried a pair on yet but it didn't sound like they'd be coming in.

we are nearing the end of the season, but here is what we have or have had this season....edwin, cheap mondays, rag and bone, nudie, prps...next season we have even more limited stuff coming including april77, kicking mule and chumala. we are trying very hard to change the assortment to include more new brands that are more limited in scope. BTW i did not write any true religion for spring for the first time. I cannot stand the sight of it any more.........

What's the big deal on RRL anyway? I see this coming up a lot. How does it compare to Purple Label?

RRL is the vintage inspired denim arm of Ralph Lauren. RRL is kept in small quantities and small number of doors. So you can't really purchase it on the internet unless its used. You pretty much have to go to a store that carries it and purchase it.

Purple Label is just more expensive Polo, with nicer fabrics and construction. The country of origin varies like the rest of Ralph Lauren.

As for stuff made in China, the quality of construction has gotten so much better in the past few years. I've been to a factory recently, and the set-up, technology, and process is absolutely amazing. Also since you can import fabric from anywhere, you really can't tell the difference in the end. Granted, Japanese made denim, IMO, is still the standard, but China can pretty much make anything these days.