RRL coming soon!!!!

blake

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kix, I'm liking those a lot... how do they compare to your skulls? I feel like RRL slim fit and skull 5010 have a very similar cut, but I wonder how the denim compares (I've only ever handled RRLs)

and unlike some people here, I am a pretty big fan of the decorative stitching

kix, I'm liking those a lot... how do they compare to your skulls? I feel like RRL slim fit and skull 5010 have a very similar cut, but I wonder how the denim compares (I've only ever handled RRLs)

and unlike some people here, I am a pretty big fan of the decorative stitching

the fits are completely different

skulls are much more slim in the thigh, higher rise, slimmer leg opening

completely different fit

the fits are completely different

skulls are much more slim in the thigh, higher rise, slimmer leg opening

completely different fit

you guys are talking about two different jeans i think. kixslf bought the slim boot, there is a slim fit that is narrower than that one. I cannot tell you exactly how this compares to the skulls. maybe kixslf can. I know he tried on the slim cut as well.

oh yeah

the slim cut is lower rise then the skulls, similer thigh with a slimmer leg than the skulls. i dont know the measurements but the opening had to be 19-20cm's

i really liked em, super rock starish...but i have too many jeans like that :)

i'm waiting for the button fly to loosen up some and lap creases to set a little harder, other than that i can't complain. interesting to hear that they're slimmer than the 5010s

my apc ns's have a decent amount of chain grease on the inside of the leg from cuffing but with these i guess they're slim enough to not get close enough. worn them to work all week and not a spec of grease

Glad to see you as a member of the RRL club, kixslf. (One of us, one of us, etc.)

Looks good.

whodini,

i am still working on getting yoiu pics of the wallets. If anyone in portland has a camera and can come by and snap some pics, it would be appreciated. My digital camera just broke and I need to buy a new one.

whodini,

i am still working on getting yoiu pics of the wallets. If anyone in portland has a camera and can come by and snap some pics, it would be appreciated. My digital camera just broke and I need to buy a new one.

Hell, I'm just flattered you remembered. Take your time. I'll be here.

• 1 month later...

2 rrl threads; shit's confusing, although the other one seems to be about the older ones, so i bumped this one

anyway, just got a pair of the new slim boot in one wash from michigan ave

fuck me, these things are killer

the cut is SEXXXXXXXXXX

calling it boot turned me off, but i figured i'd give them a shot and had no choice once i saw how good they looked

very subtle flare, looks almost like a stacked xx-005

denim is beautiful, of course

i urge you to give these a look if yr able

i may take a seam ripper to the back pocket stitiching, even tho i kind of like it

i almost bought two, but i have too much shit as is (streaky griftaz whaaat)

i'm contemplating hanging up my diors for these

speaking of which...

I just picked up the straight leg in the dark rinse/one rinse wash. They look like great jeans. Does anyone know how much these will shrink up after a wash?? There a little slim now and worried there going to shrink up to be really slim....

RRLs are sanforzied and hardly shrink at all. If they do, they end up stretching pretty easily.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a pair of the new RRL's from Bergdorf. They are incredible. I took my normal size, 32x32.

They fit perfectly right out of the box, in the waist. SHould I be concerned about stretch? They didn't make a 31 in this jean. These are an incredible cut -- straight leg with NO back pocket stitching (didn't see this same jean at the RL store)

I'm leaning toward keeping since I can't find this jean elsewhere in a 31 (not even made). Should just suck it up and wear, right?

FYI the tag inside says "CUT #80020 NEW FIT JEAN RINSE"

they are going to stretch a bit in the waist... Mine stretched maybe an inch or so after about 2-3 weeks. It's not a problem if you wear a belt, honestly. I just wash whenever I feel it's getting too loose. Also, depending on the cut, the thighs can be very slim and thighs don't really stretch too much... so it mya be to your disadvantage to size down.

Incidentally, RRL does make odd sizes in other jeans, my pair of slim fits are a 31x32 (but my normal size is 30... couldn't say no to the price, though)

RRLs are a great compromise between "modern" details (sanforization, fit) and vintage flavorings (branding, hardware, etc)

thanks for the info. yeah, if jeans aren't supertight and there's not a ton pressing against the waistband, then they aren't going to stretch too much. same happened to my RB11's -- i tried them on and maybe they were too loose but since they were never TIGHT, they don't stretch.

the manager at bergdorf said they didn't make a 31 in this jean so i'm going to go with it.

just better not lose any weight or i'm going to have to have some jeans taken in!

yeah, f* it, keeping them. they fit perfect as is and I'll enjoy it. funny how precise we work to make our denim perfect. i'll bet a majority of people walk into a store like bergdorf and just buy these jeans right then and there because they fit spot-on off the shelf, no consideration of stretch or shrink.

how tall areu ? they runs big right?

i'm 5'6. they run true to size i think, i could have sized down to 29 with the little bit that they stretch but i'm not too bothered

the fading is a lot slower than my samurai's and APCs, but i guess thats to be expected