RRL coming soon!!!!

blake

i'm 5'6. they run true to size i think, i could have sized down to 29 with the little bit that they stretch but i'm not too bothered

the fading is a lot slower than my samurai's and APCs, but i guess thats to be expected

mine are fading so fucking fast

its crazy. I hadnt expected this much wear after only three months

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

just wanted to bump up this thread because we got the line in the store i work at and i am super impressed by the quality and construction of the jean. we currently have 10 pairs of mens and i think 5 pairs of the womens denim all japanese selvage denim then constructed in the usa.

as someone has mentioned before, the "slim bootcut" is barely a bootcut and was described to me by our rep as just having enough flare to put over a pair of cowboy boots. even the distressed pairs that we have look very natural (going along with the theme of rrl which is ranch wear... ralph lauren's ranch is called RRL Ranch) and might surprise those of you who have an affinity for breaking in your own pair of denim.

i definitely want to get pics of these up soon so you guys can really enjoy what i'm talking about (specifically this dark brown pair that was dyed with coffee) but have been slackin so bear with me.

• 2 months later...

i just reaad through all the pages and wondering whats the sticker price for these denim?

and i dont have any knowledge of RRL stores... i went on the ralph lauren website and looked for locations near OC, california

and i got 2 in malibu and one in La and another ontario mill..

are tehse considered RRL stores or what? -_-? confussed.

M1sterko.... one RRL store in Malibu, the Polo Store in Beverly Hills...but it's actually at American Rag on La Brea as well as the HTC section of Ron Herman Santa Monica. Rigid jeans start at $210. There isn't much on the polo site about RRL. Thought I'd jump in and let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently got my first pair of RRL jeans. My first impression is that the denim is awesome:14-oz. unsanforized red-line selvage Japanese denim. The model I got is a vintage-cut with suspender buttons, cinch back, and crotch rivet. I really like the quality and details. I Can't wait to get some wear on them and see how they fade!

Pics:

picture001vd7.jpg

picture008cj7.jpg

picture009lx8.jpg

picture011zb2.jpg

picture012mv0.jpg

picture013cu1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I just won this on ebay. Jacket looks beautiful and I dont think there is enough of a market for RRL fakes. But the seller was vague about where he got it and his location is iffy as well soo....... Anybody know if this is fake?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150208742275

Hey--I have that exact same jacket. I wouldn't really describe it as a bomber jacket, however, but it's amazing--the leather is very stiff cowhide that will age beautifully but is light enough to be a springtime jacket. The retail on the jacket was $1195. Also, it fits really snug and is a nice, short length. Maybe my favorite jacket overall.

Blake, please PM ASAP regarding what RRL items you've got other than denim. I am very interested in tees, shirts, wallets, belts etc.

Right now I've got 2 pairs of the denim, the slim bootcut and the slim fit and both are amazing jeans.

RRL is definately in my eyes the best thing Ralph Lauren has done in a long time. It seems he is seeing that new american brands are coming up and taking over his market. Brands like engineered garments etc that are heavily inspired by older RL lines.

I really hope RL gets into RRL in all aspects and starts putting out some leather boots and other serious gear. I have heard some really legendary stuff about RL's old leather goods and boots.

I am wearing a pair of RRL's as well, but I don't know if they've been posted here by anyone else. I got them from Bergdorf and they're a selvage pair, but interesting. I've tried on the RRL raw, and these aren't them. These are a one-wash, or rinse, but they almost seem coated in indigo afterwards. They are very blue and bleed all over the place. A true straight leg cut -- I describe it as democratic -- and they wear quick. Pretty cool I'd say. I want to wash them so that they bleed less, but they have been getting much less wear than my Somet's. I just have to give them some loving when it warms up and I'm outside more and hopefully they'll do cool things. Plus they are lighter than my Somet's so they could be great for summer.

Those look very similar to the Free & Easy RRL's in this month's magazine (the F&E x RRL). In fact, I wonder if they're not the exact same fit but without the very dope Free & Easy branding and packaging. I couldn't find pics, nor do I have scans but they're having a contest to give them away (at least I think... I don't read or speak Japanese) on the last couple pages of this month's issue. They were sick.

I also saw at Hollywood Trading Co some the slim/tapered fit in white selvage, however sadly, they were for hos only.