Bicyclettes

canice

they are the easton delta force cnt's..got them for a steal on ebay(90 new i think) and theyre like over 200 retail.

hysteric, are those tt bars?

DSC01072.jpg

my new Leader 736R frame, think i'm gunna build it up into a new racing bike in the next couple of months

dreaming of Ultegra, or possibly a Campy if i'm really lucky

Yeh, i don't think they ever really look good, unless your rocking all the cycling clothing to go with them. Anytime i go to ride without one i just think "well i wore it the last 9205810285 times why not wear it now".

Man, I won't ride out of my driveway without one on. All it takes is one bad crash, or one stupid driver. For something a little more incognito, try a skate helmet? Although, they don't breathe much.

If you 'peel' up the rubber brake hoods, you will see a hex bolt at the base of the lever where it clamps onto the bars. Loosen the bolt, and the levers slide right off.

Man, I won't ride out of my driveway without one on. All it takes is one bad crash, or one stupid driver. For something a little more incognito, try a skate helmet? Although, they don't breathe much.

Skate helmets are a really bad idea.

Aesthetically, they're a lot more appeasing than cycling helmets. But there are reasons why there are certain helmets for certain sports/shit.

Cycling helmets are meant to slide, not stick.

So if you go down in a high speed, your head won't just stick to the pavement, resulting in a gnarly neck injury.

Wear a motorcycle helmet!

Best looking helmets I've seen, are either catlike or specialized.

If I ever chose to get a helmet, I'd go with either or. Specialized has a nice looking, semi low profile helmet in flat black.

But alas, "I'm too cool to get a helmet."

I've just hated them :/

For me, helmets are very uncomfortable and would cause me Problems by being too distracted by it, rather than the drivers near.

Black "cycling" helmets don't really look good, i have one and i think it looks like shit unless your dressed in cycling stuff. If your just gonna cruise in normal clothes i would go for a white/cream/opaque kind of one, or a dull silver.

Wearing a helmet implies that cycling is inherently very unsafe or dangerous, and I do not think that it is.

For an integrated shift lever, the bolts attach along the side of the lever body to the bar. For a brake lever only, the bolt is hidden by the lever body in the return position. Pull the lever, the bolt is exposed in the body, and you can loosen it enough to remove it.

I think a helmet is a must, especially for (often reckless) brakeless fixed gear riding. It's important to know how to handle your bike and conduct yourself properly in traffic as well. Accidents happen though, nonetheless

I haven't touched either of my bikes since I sold my LAS :|