14bl4ar.jpg

11snqqo.jpg

dd191f.jpg

6ogc1s.jpg

290zwbl.jpg

s119vc.jpg

15dxvt5.jpg

vetuv i suggest you plug those bars before you do some damage to yourself

Agreed. Don't wanna take a core out of your thigh! Really nice bike, though. Love the raw steel and polished aluminum.

Agreed. Don't wanna take a core out of your thigh! Really nice bike, though. Love the raw steel and polished aluminum.

heh, ive gotten that from a lot of people. I think more of a concern with the bars is the lack of grip. i dont want to put any standard grips on so i might find a drill press and make 1/4'' holes that my hands could grip to. either that or some drops with a bit of tape. what do you think?

i also want to give wood bars a shot from adam breckman but i dont know how the tensile strength would compare. http://cargocollective.com/workerman#29705/Handlebars

I know you would hate holes for sure. Laminated wood bars would def be strong enough. Heavier for sure, but def strong (like a hockey stick.)

I would say leather sew on or wood grips if you need something different.

Something though, cause something is important, even if it's just some of that Benotto cello tape or something (which you might like too.)

Drops would look really nice on that bike. I don't think you would be able to drill the holes to make it look good, considering the rounded surface. Plus, it would weaken the bars. I like the velo orange sew on covers, but something about it reminds me of a big soft pretzel.

vetuv - I think cork or wood grips wood be pretty sweet

great idea with the cork. i did some quick searching but all the grips i could find have a curve to them, to better fit your hand. know of any that are just flat and strait? maybe ill have to make my own. either that or cork tape with a hemp end finish. going for something clean.

What messenger bags are you all using. I'm in the market.

right now using a shitty timbuk2 that i got on the cheap, but my favorite bag i've used is either a chrome (so comfy, but everyones got one) or the bailey works (http://www.baileyworks.com/Messenger+Bags/Super+Pro/options)

bailey works is super comfy, not too much money, and really really durable.

great idea with the cork. i did some quick searching but all the grips i could find have a curve to them, to better fit your hand. know of any that are just flat and strait? maybe ill have to make my own. either that or cork tape with a hemp end finish. going for something clean.

No i dont know of any

What about these leather grips from Brooks?

Brooks%20Grips%201.jpg

how much is the makino going for? because if youre getting a deal on it, i doubt it would be super expensive to just get the flame powder coated over with that cream color and keep the down tube and top tube logo. because that webbed lugging is so sexy, as are the tube angles!