Bicyclettes

canice

^ im the opposite.. when i used to ride regular drops... then flipped/chopped.. then straight bars... and eventually to risers.. like my posture evolved with it haha.

i like the feel of risers.. but chopped/flipped is a good 2nd. imo

Flip your Thompson upside down so the logo is upside down then get 2" risers.

But really risers are just something all of you are going to grow out of. I know I did. I only had risers because before track bikes I was into MTB/BMX shit. You will try other bars and realize how much more comfortable / functional they are.

I've tried bullhorns, flipped and chopped and drops and risers are by far my favorite bc they feel so similar to bmx bar. Since i still ride my bmx it feels alot more natural with the sweep etc.

i dont know.. i've always liked bladed spokes haha i don't know why..

it looks cool in black.. like cartoons and shit

I have ridden every type of bar, risers are my favorite.

didn't you have risers up until like a week ago?

Yeah I've found my niche, the bullhorns. Risers have no where near the functionality as bullhorns do. Climbing with bullhorns is a fucking breeze. You move too much climbing a hill with risers as for bullhorns you sway side to side but your wheels are going straight.

It might be a Selle Turbo. I'm 90% sure because it has that indent in the middle where the rails are. Those wheels are Velocity's gold Deep V w/ Velocity hubs. They sell it in a set.

Yeah I've found my niche, the bullhorns. Risers have no where near the functionality as bullhorns do. Climbing with bullhorns is a fucking breeze. You move too much climbing a hill with risers as for bullhorns you sway side to side but your wheels are going straight.

It might be a Selle Turbo. I'm 90% sure because it has that indent in the middle where the rails are. Those wheels are Velocity's gold Deep V w/ Velocity hubs. They sell it in a set.

cant be deep v...more like velocity aerohead very commone among to aussies..

indeeed bullhorns give u massive climbing power...riser sux at climbing.

Yah, those are not Deep V's. The the V's are thicker than those.

I do like those wheels tho, if someone can tell me what they are, I may prefer those over deep V's.

I think my next wheelset will be (whatever the stiffest rim is) laced to some Dimension hubs w/ a rear fixed/fixed.

As far as risers, drops, etc...I first rode drops but realized I never used the bottom part, so I chopped and flipped them. I rode on bullhorns for a little and then wanted to be trendy so I got some risers, but those sucked for climbing and I can't imagine skidding with them right now. I currently am back on bullhorns as I like climbing on those as well as when I skid I switch my hand placement. Naww mean?

Yah, those are not Deep V's. The the V's are thicker than those.

I do like those wheels tho, if someone can tell me what they are, I may prefer those over deep V's.

I think my next wheelset will be (whatever the stiffest rim is) laced to some Dimension hubs w/ a rear fixed/fixed.

As far as risers, drops, etc...I first rode drops but realized I never used the bottom part, so I chopped and flipped them. I rode on bullhorns for a little and then wanted to be trendy so I got some risers, but those sucked for climbing and I can't imagine skidding with them right now. I currently am back on bullhorns as I like climbing on those as well as when I skid I switch my hand placement. Naww mean?

Hey dude they are velocity AEROHEAD... as strong as the OPEN PRO but in a cheaper price. Well i think they r the aerohead..here's the pic:

aerohead.jpg

From that angle they could have been deep V's because Velocity makes a prebuilt gold wheelset with Velocity hubs. Angles fool! But the Open Pro is way stronger than the Aerohead.

Haha its alright buddy...i know my velocity stuff cause i see velocity every single day at uni. Most of the nicer bikes here run velocity cept me. I love my open pro...sexyyy

I repacked my hubs few days ago...that was smoooth as.

so i think i'm gonna go with bullhorns. would it be better to just do a flip/chop or buy bullhorn bars instead?

Buying a bullhorn will be easier...u can get a Nitto one w/o drops, depends how u wnat it reallli.

Flip and chop can be very short.