Bicyclettes

canice

ask a bicycle shop to show you. or check this out here http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=100

the trick is to have one bead of the tire on the rim. install the valve stem, then tuck the tube in the tire, then start mounting the tire at the valve, and work around. have the wheel sitting on your lap when you do this.

I suck too.

ken, thats crazy stuff...big nail...when putting in the new tube, just go slow, take your time, and don't inflate till you know everything is set/seated correctly. i had to replace my first tube last week (sent me a bad one) and i popped the first one cause i rushed through it. 2nd time it went like a charm, just like chingon says to do it.

anyways...

went for my first REAL ride today after having my Kilo TT for ~2 weeks now.

all i can say is i'm in love. i can't wait to get back out there riding...now i just have to find some good spots around me.

i purchased some brakes at nashbar today...i'll be needing them for all the crazy hills around here - learned that pretty quickly today...but does anyone have any foam/grip tape to recommend? i dinged up the tape on my bars pretty bad with all the learning i did today. :)

went for my first REAL ride today after having my Kilo TT for ~2 weeks now.

all i can say is i'm in love. i can't wait to get back out riding...now i just have to find the good spots.

i purchased some brakes at nashbar today...i'll be needing them for all the crazy hills around here. but does anyone have any foam/grip tape to recommend? i dinged up the tape on my bars pretty bad with all the learning i did today. :)

Ha, I actually did my first 13 mile run yesterday, so yay us.

I got a heads up on this supple tape stuff, but I went another direction...some Italian steez. I was surprised how difficult it was to do properly, even though it's not really hard. Cork is apparently good, but difficult to wrap. I dunno...I'm useless.

looking to possibly switch from my beat up, scratched up pista drops to some risers. anybody know any good riser bars with a 31.8 clamp? i'm currently riding with a thomson x2 stem with only a -10degree drop, and i don't want it to rise that much. so i'm not sure whether i should get flat or a riser. are these bars supposed to be trimmed? cause all the bars i've been finding online are like 600mm, which is a substantial increase from my 42cm drops.

11383.jpg

jeremy used to have these back on his brassknuckle.. they were clean

31.8 yezzir.

also, risers and flatbars are usually cut to personal preference.

4th time's a charm! i don't want to tell you guys how i managed to not break this one, because it's too embarassing :o

but aw man, it was especially hard to get the second bead over the rim for some reason... my thumbs are so sore.

well worth it!

4th time's a charm! i don't want to tell you guys how i managed to not break this one, because it's too embarassing :o

but aw man, it was especially hard to get the second bead over the rim for some reason... my thumbs are so sore.

well worth it!

i usually use tire levers so get the last stretch of bead on.. (always the hardest)

some people roll the tire over the rim, to slip the bead in? hard to put in words what i actually mean..

then i double check to make sure tube isnt pinched anywhere. ~ inflate to 20psi then squeeze the tire all around, make sure no hard lumps..

if all is cool, deflate to 0.. then inflate to desired psi..

i'm kind of meticulous with tires/tubes :[ but i'm just used to it now.. having changed hella tires already... (not necessarily a good thing)

my tire wall makes me happy and sad at the same time haha.

lol i used to hang canvases n shit, but when i started rearranging my room, walls were left blank, so i just hang my tires on one of them cuz the pattern/texture looks cool when you walk in. broken decks on the other wall. along with other junk all over the place.

285203753.jpg

like my chainring clock? ^^

get a riser, flats get old fast, and for some reason, i felt like I never had control of them. get the oversized risers that are on the DQMxtrackstar bikes, i think those are 31.8, anyone want to verify?

dqm-trackstar-track-bike-8s.jpg

i believe they use truvativ ones on trackstar setups

looking to possibly switch from my beat up, scratched up pista drops to some risers. anybody know any good riser bars with a 31.8 clamp? i'm currently riding with a thomson x2 stem with only a -10degree drop, and i don't want it to rise that much. so i'm not sure whether i should get flat or a riser. are these bars supposed to be trimmed? cause all the bars i've been finding online are like 600mm, which is a substantial increase from my 42cm drops.

Flip your Thompson upside down so the logo is upside down then get 2" risers.

But really risers are just something all of you are going to grow out of. I know I did. I only had risers because before track bikes I was into MTB/BMX shit. You will try other bars and realize how much more comfortable / functional they are.