Bicyclettes

canice

Those are the shit, my friend Christo has them on his bike.

If you're from SF you've probably seen his bike... Jake The Snake spokecard; Victory, win, over, kaput.

775442838_7f173aafb3.jpg

If you see him or me yell at us to ride.

yeah i think i did see this yesterday when everyone was chillen at the top of lombard. there were a bunch of other people with him, and you should've been there haha

So, I was thinking about converting my dad's early 1980s Fuji Del Ray to fixed.

The bike is very light considering the old componentry and steel tubing.

He used it for years, but stopped after he broke his shoulder in El Tour De Tucson several years ago.

pa271473bw8.jpg

pa271474nl3.jpg

pa271475dv2.jpg

pa271476hs6.jpg

pa271477ym6.jpg

So, I've never done this before, but with the resources on the internet (sheldon brown, bikeforums.net), I don't think this should be too hard.

Take off random bike lock thingy, and other random components.

Powdercoat the frame.

New cranks

New Wheels w/ Hubs

What do you guys think of this frame? Worth revamping?

I have to agree. I have a conversion, and I love it to death, but I recently rode the oft-recommended Kilo TT (Saw a dude from LAfixed at a ride who has one in my size) and I have to say it's night and day. And honestly, a decent new wheelset will run you at least $150-$200 bucks anyway, so you might as well go all the way and get a new bike with proper geometry and new, not creaky parts.

flipped, cuz you they dont just help you with climbing, but front flips as well..

flopped reminds me of bunny ears.

just cuz flopped rhymes with chopped..

it's flipped. t(^.^t)

something i can't figure out- how do you get a clamp-style stem on a 1" headtube/heatset? i'm so confused, I want to get a new stem because this mercier stem is way too long, but I don't know how to make it work. example:

http://fixedgeargallery.com/2007/sept/3/ToBriggs.htm

I like the stem set-up for that, the little bit out the top makes for much betterage than the squared off bs.

but anyway, if what you are trying to do is put a 1 1/8th handlebar onto a 1' stem, there's shims that are fairly standard which you would use to help it clamp.

I have to agree. I have a conversion, and I love it to death, but I recently rode the oft-recommended Kilo TT (Saw a dude from LAfixed at a ride who has one in my size) and I have to say it's night and day. And honestly, a decent new wheelset will run you at least $150-$200 bucks anyway, so you might as well go all the way and get a new bike with proper geometry and new, not creaky parts.

I actually have a Kilo TT, haha... I just really like this bike. I don't really see that the geometry is sooo different...

While the Fuji looks much bigger, the top tube is actually half an inch or so shorter.

Anyone remember similar triangles?

I think the geometry isn't so bad... the only major differences I notice:

Increased front tire clearence when it's spun (the kilo doesn't even spin).

The back wheel is pushed further out too.

Am I just seeing things?

pa271479xa9.jpg

maybe he means like spin as in all the way around... barspin?

cuz if the front wheel doesnt spin... as in rotate...

whatever, it's too early to be confused about something that the guy could have easliy made clear,

if they only understood what they were talking about...

anyone remember similar triangles?

if i were hella good in the areas of english and math, i still wouldn't understand what you were trying to mean by this?...