Bicyclettes

canice

i guess its becoming just like any subculture people get sucked into. i just never thought the two wheeled form of transportation i use to get around town every day would fuel conversations that sound sound like two kids at a hardcore show talking about band x's newest release and band y's legendary seven inch that if you don't own, you shouldn't be in hardcore.

im 24 years old, a bike to me is not " a status symbol", i mean people my age that i know are building custom houses and buying new jags..just a thought i had....peace.

I`m 29 years old and I`m thinking about building a plastic model of a jaguar...

Less talk more pics...

One of the illest from FGG.

KennethAlan-4.jpg

This shit blew my mind...

http://fixedgeargallery.com/2007/jan/Kip.htm#image_4

I always liked the geometry for Langsters. Wouldnt get one, since my buddy has one.

GarethOrmerod-1.jpg

What bars are these?

http://fixedgeargallery.com/2006/dec/KaiLeo_3.htm#image_3

Are these just drop out bars that have been cut? If they are, I might just cut off my old Bianchi bars like that...

something about sloping tubes on a fixed gear seems so wrong to me.

i believe those blue bars are nitto - they put out blue anodized track bars, so i assume those are just flip/chops. limited edition or something predictably japanese...

Yea, I figured they were Japanese.

Only seen them on that sighting post on FGG and in Street Jack Mag.

Pure beauty. Hows riding been for you Canice?

The Bay Area is nice and sunny, so Ive been trying to ride as much as I can. But I sucks, cuz I still cant skid or learn any new tricks, because of my elbow. Awesome.

Clean Mercier.

What stem is that?

If I could, Id have blue or red on my bike.

Anyways.

Updated pic of my bike.

DSC00084.jpg

Raised the seat up about an inch and a half and put on Nitto bullhorns with Bianchi bar tape.

I can feel the slight weight change without my drop outs. Crazy.

Oh yea... GOT THAT STUPID U-TURN TICKET CLEARED! Idiot cop didnt file it as a BICYCLE ticket (I knew he was gonna do that, because he wanted my ticket to be $$$.) YA FAT BASTARD!

Justice has been served...

stunt, doesn't it hurt riding with the seat that high? O_O

also, in UC Davis, bikers can get DUIs for speeding or whatever. weak, eh?

My seat now is actually A LOT higher, and I still need to raise it haha.

If a cop somehow decides to pull you over, and you have consumed alcohol, you can get a BUI (Biking Under the Influence) and its just as shitty as a DUI.

How fast do you have to go, to get a speeding ticket?

Dumbass cops near me, say "You need to go with the flow of traffic," aka "You need to go at least 45mph."

Then they say just go with the flow of traffic, aka not riding against traffic.

Dumbasses need to make up their minds.

That thread is awesome. I wish I was the dumbass to make it... Wait... I STILL CAN!!!

I love the fact that you've been hit twice and have killer shart fades, Jan.. you are a hero amongst mortal men.

The only way to speed up verticle fading in my book HAHA...

DSC00617.jpg

Operation Blue Beard is a go... That was the code name the guys at Freewheel told me, to tell my buddy who picked up these bars for me.

Pricey, but Im more than satisfied... If only they had two...

Here's what I ride daily:

dscn41347wt.jpg

It's a pretty old Peugot and it makes me go fast! I think the colour is quite cool in a goofy way. I need to take proper care of it though since it still has all these old parts and the back tire is basicly falling apart. I just never get around to doing since I need it everyday.

It has way too much stuff going on with gears and brakes and what not, but since it was a gift and it's old(ish) I don't want to fuck with it so I'll leave it like it is.

I'd like to put a more minimalistic bike together one day, but I won't go for a fixie since traffic is too crazy in Amsterdam and I ride way too wreckless/dangerous.

edit: I should've taken the lock off for the pic, but I think you guys get the idea.

If your decals arent under any clear coat, you can even use a hair dryer.

But Goo Gone and such should work just fine. Dont use too much, cuz you may get through to the paint...

KABLAAM!

DSC00643.jpg

Got my other Nittos chopped yesterday. Fucker fucked up. Cut them too short, and uneven. And wouldnt fix it. Whatever. At least I can skid again.

If your decals arent under any clear coat, you can even use a hair dryer.

But Goo Gone and such should work just fine. Dont use too much, cuz you may get through to the paint...

KABLAAM!

DSC00643.jpg

Got my other Nittos chopped yesterday. Fucker fucked up. Cut them too short, and uneven. And wouldnt fix it. Whatever. At least I can skid again.

wait so first you had someone chop your bars for you, AND you cant skid on those drops? even with oury's on the shoulders? we need to talk my dude

wait so first you had someone chop your bars for you, AND you cant skid on those drops? even with oury's on the shoulders? we need to talk my dude

HAHA...

On those blue drops I can skid. Because theyre smaller, so my legs dont get caught in between the drops.

With the regular drops, I would get caught. My thighs have gotten pretty wide since riding.

Im 6'2...

I'll get into it more in a bit, Im goin out to lunch...