Bicyclettes

canice

tragic, i was hoping that would be your bike in your avatar, but then i checked the moyer site and it's not.

i'm partial to the aforementioned vanilla bikes for more modern custom framebuilders. but i've somehow gotten the idea in my head that i deserve a proper british track frame, something ornate and classic looking. bob jackson customs, with the columbus tubing and nervex lugs i want, would work out to a fairly affordable $1200.

I had something to say as a reply, but now I forgot...

Damn.

Anyways. Finally got to ride, switched up to my old stem and drop out bars. Skidding is still slightly sketchy. My knee is now KILLING me when I ride, same with my arm. Hopefully after the meds, the pain will go away sooner than 6 weeks.

Oh what fun, it is to ride, on a no brake open slay...

336836519_61929394c3_m.jpg

Was looking through those Moyer frames the other night. I do find them very appealing, but damn they are expensive. I really just don't want to throw down the cash for something I will be using day in and day out for commuting and most important of all, having fun. But if money were no object, well then that'd be a different story all together....

P.S. I love this post too!

P.P.S. Stunt, hope it gets back to normal soon. Just keep popping those meds and rehabilitating yourself and I'm sure you'll be back at it soon enough.

A custom bike will run you mad money.

Mine didnt cost me too much, but more than I wouldve liked.

I met a girl yesterday, and her custom Bareknuckle ran her $1600+ish. Not too bad, considering that its really hard to find small size frames. But she got the works done. I havent seen it in person, but hopefully she brings it to the shop.

Anyways.

My bike is done. No more parts will be added to this. Hopefully, after all this shit I have to pay off with the next 2 months worth of paychecks, I can have another Bianchi Pista. I love the bike too much, to not own one. Its soo light, runs really nicely, and just awesome. Id like to have it painted gold.

Anyways...

DSC00334.jpg?t=1167608766

Added Nitto drop downs and Oury grips.

Concludes Im a whore.

BTW, my elbow is fractured. SOFA KING AWESOME. Most of my weight is on my left arm when I ride, and no skidding action for me right now. Lame.

Stunt, ouch, I hope that your arm gets better. Have you considered the Pista Concept?

A lot of keirin frames are pretty small and if you have connections in Japan they can be had for a bit less than certain individuals are asking.

Stunt, ouch, I hope that your arm gets better. Have you considered the Pista Concept?

A lot of keirin frames are pretty small and if you have connections in Japan they can be had for a bit less than certain individuals are asking.

Hope it heals too. I really want a Pista Concept. Such a nice bike. Ive seen a few people with them locally, and its making it really tempting to get, instead of just another Pista.

I really want a Japanese frame, but I might try and go to Japan within the next year or two. Hopefully I manage to find a sz 59 frame.

As posted on FGG.

Today...

So Im riding down El Camino (people in the Bay Area, CA might know,) and theres a bus ahead of me. It made a stop to drop/pick up people. I go around it.

Hes behind me honking, so I slightly move to the far right, enough for him to pass me. As he tries to pass me, he cuts it real close. I almost get grazed by the side of the bus, and he keeps getting closer.

He pretty much ran me off the road, and the far part of the lane I was getting forced into, had a steep grade to it. So I was riding \ sideways. I couldve been clipped by him at this time, and if I fell/slipped, he wouldve ran right over me.

So I ride up to the drivers side at the light, smack his window and ride on a bit, to the front of the light. He gets off this bus, screaming and yelling at me.

I told him that he ran me off the road, and what the fuck was that about. He yells that I swirved, trying to say it was my fault. I guess...

So he then yells and raves about how hes a cyclist, and that I dont know how to ride. "YOU CANT RIDE A BIKE! YOU DONT EVEN HAVE BRAKES ON IT!" blah blah blah, a shit load of yelling and arguing. About five minutes later, he finally gets on the bus. Then yells at me "ARENT YOU GONNA GO INFRONT OF ME! COME ON!" Of course he wouldve tried to hit me/clip me. So I wait till he goes on a bit more, then ride on. Pass him and flip him off.

I called the 1-800, and file a complaint.

I know it wouldve been better if I didnt slap his window, but whatever. I was too pissed off to care at that moment.

Sorry for the long story, but none of my friends ride.

Yea, a lot of people don't seem to comprehend the rules of bicyclists on the road with them. Thank God nothing happened, a bus hit would've been pretty gnarly! And I would say you were right to slap his window, I know a ton of riders who do the same thing when pissed off or almost nearly hit.

Yea. The slap is more of a warning to let whatever driver realize what they did. This guy took it as an attack. He told me that thats a car accident... It wouldve been an accident if I didnt luckily balance myself out.

It just HAD to be one of those extended busses too... Fucker...

Automobiles hate me.

all of this bike geek talk reminds me of when i went home for the holidays recently only to discover that all of my old friends are now gung-ho about fixies and wouldn't stop rambling about them. i don't really know how i feel about this fixed gear explosion as of late. i guess i just get burned out listening to people talk about this new trick they pulled and that rebuilt frame. to me riding has been a form of transportation first and foremost and that's how it'll likely stay until i have the time and energy to devote to learning every possible nook and cranny of my bike. not knocking any of this talk by any means, but to me the fun that comes with riding and its necessity in my life far outweighs how much a person knows about frame x and crank set y. did that make sense?

haha, and with that said, i finally got around to putting bullhorns on my fuji. what a world of difference it has made.

all of this bike geek talk reminds me of when i went home for the holidays recently only to discover that all of my old friends are now gung-ho about fixies and wouldn't stop rambling about them. i don't really know how i feel about this fixed gear explosion as of late. i guess i just get burned out listening to people talk about this new trick they pulled and that rebuilt frame. to me riding has been a form of transportation first and foremost and that's how it'll likely stay until i have the time and energy to devote to learning every possible nook and cranny of my bike. not knocking any of this talk by any means, but to me the fun that comes with riding and its necessity in my life far outweighs how much a person knows about frame x and crank set y. did that make sense?

haha, and with that said, i finally got around to putting bullhorns on my fuji. what a world of difference it has made.

well put!!!

i agree whole heartedly. i had no idea there was such a huge fixie subculture till i started poking around the internet.

but your right, first and foremost, it's a form of transportation! tons of fun to beat around town or wherever on a bicycle -- fixed, road, whatever!

I agree as well and I also really had no clue of the current fixie trends going on today. I think, just like automobiles, people like to give personalization to whatever they are into. Like I said above, I would love to build my own bike but it's not at all very practical, especially for something that can be so easily stolen but maybe some day, with some disposable income I can make it happen. Either way, I agree about it being a form of transportation, but it is quite fun to turn your every day commute to work into something fun.

first off, i love bikes...always have, always will...ive just noticed over the last couple of years some people have just used their bike as another fashion accessery, not having a passion or love for riding...ive noticed this quite abit around my area..all these "hip" componets, top built frames, etc...i dunno, ive got a lower level, cheaper frame and (some) of these bike snobs just kind of arrangently just blow me off when im out there having the time of my life escaping life on my bike...in my opinion, im 24 years old, a bike to me is not " a status symbol", i mean people my age that i know are building custom houses and buying new jags..just a thought i had....peace.

I havent been riding fixed gear for that long. Around 3 months I think? Maybe just a little bit longer.

Anyways.

Im in love with riding. I dont ride my bike as a fashion accessory, for it to be used as a status symbol, or commuting (even though it IS a plus.) Id rather ride than go out with friends and such.

I never realized how big the fixed gear "scene" was, until I started to work in San Francisco. Theres a lot ofp eople who are getting into it, just because theyve seen i on whatever internet message board or blog. Fact. Ive encountered people like that. Is it gonna stop me from riding? Not at all. Everyone has to start from somewhere.

Im too tired to really make this longer or make some sense. Blew a tube (awesome huh), went out to get a new tube and new wheel liner. Took off my Aerospoke due to high winds being a bitch. Using my dads old Matrix wheel from his old racing bike.

Rode out to Haight, and traded my sz 39 Nitto bars for a 36. Im happy :)

and hungry...