Bicyclettes

canice

i think you'll be happiest with the kilo. cheap-- steel-- rackmounts + brake mounts (for fenders... or brakes). curious-- are you planning to use a back rack? thought about this the other day- weighing down your back with panniers, boxes, back racks could be counterproductive to riding fixed and skid stopping... unless you rock a back break. or don't skid (I know a few SF riders who don't skid at all)

seriously though, it sounds like you want to go pretty budget and if you don't mind a bit of toe-overlap, the kilo will treat you well.

if you don't mind cable hangers, there is a Pake "commuter" frameset with horizontal dropouts for $360. Beefy steel, cyclocross geo (pretty decently high bottom bracket drop), minty blue, and lots of rack stays. plus you get bottle mounts (always nice in my opinion for light systems or water bottles) and canti brakes! ultimate rain/snow/mud bike! also, if you don't rock a back brake, you should probably get a top tube protector... heard some bad stories of people tearing themselves up on the cable mounts on fixed gear conversions. You can imagine what they tore.

FOR SALE .... Bike Forums group buy frame and fork... Threadless... 56cm... BLUE.

$450 shipped fedex anywhere in the lower 48.

International shipping based on destination via fedex or ups (won't be cheap).

you can has pics tonight. will go on ebay this weekend if there are no takers.

i think you'll be happiest with the kilo. cheap-- steel-- rackmounts + brake mounts (for fenders... or brakes). curious-- are you planning to use a back rack? thought about this the other day- weighing down your back with panniers, boxes, back racks could be counterproductive to riding fixed and skid stopping... unless you rock a back break. or don't skid (I know a few SF riders who don't skid at all)

seriously though, it sounds like you want to go pretty budget and if you don't mind a bit of toe-overlap, the kilo will treat you well.

if you don't mind cable hangers, there is a Pake "commuter" frameset with horizontal dropouts for $360. Beefy steel, cyclocross geo (pretty decently high bottom bracket drop), minty blue, and lots of rack stays. plus you get bottle mounts (always nice in my opinion for light systems or water bottles) and canti brakes! ultimate rain/snow/mud bike! also, if you don't rock a back brake, you should probably get a top tube protector... heard some bad stories of people tearing themselves up on the cable mounts on fixed gear conversions. You can imagine what they tore.

i got a nasty little rip in my Thin Finn Dry Black coateds from the cable router on my old conversion. :(

here's some shots of and some more info on the IRO. looking for $450 shipped via fedex. I will throw in a free copy of MASH.

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1996.JPG

FS:

IRO Group Buy Frameset - brand new.. just unpacked to inspect and take pics

1 1/8" Threadless (Uncut fork so you can build it however you want)

51 c-to-c / 56 c-to-t

54.5 tt

Blue

DECCADI Italian Tubeset

Seatpost 27.2 (comes with collar)

Rear Spacing 120mm

Bottom Bracket 68mm shell english threaded

Drilled for front and rear brakes

Water bottle mount

Also selling:

Nitto 110mm aluminum deep drop stem $75

White Oury grips ... never mounted/used, just out of the package $10

I will be putting this frame on eBay early next week if there are no takers. I just know a lot of you are getting into bikes and this is a perfect frame to get started with. After tons of problems with Tony @ IRO, I ended up with the wrong size, color and fork, otherwise I'd be keeping it and riding the shit out of it!

here's an update, my leader frame finally came....

well.....

297846303.jpg

but it was double bubblewrapped in 2 types of bubbblewrap -_- so..

297846655.jpg

fork is from boxdog.

i plan on painting it, any fresh color suggestions?

will also have gold rear deep v and chameleon aerospoke in the front. (from my old bike)