Bicyclettes

canice

if i'm not mistaken.. i think he meant paint his hed not his frame.

290618614.jpg

imo doing so would only add to it's already extra-aqua-fresh-ness:cool:

Has anyone seen the movie The Flying Scotman? Is it any good? I just cutout a article about it in the Boston Globe. It says it got 2 stars. "Scottish bicyclist Grame Obree's triumphs on the racing track and battles with depression in the mid-1990s. It's a good story that lacks an easy through-line, and in the director Douglass Mackinnon's hands the film never fully comes into focus. John Lee Miller is good as Obree, though, listening intently to something the rest of us never get to hear. A must for the cycling crowd.(R;runs december 20th)-TY Burr" It runs december 20th on comcast on demand if you have that. I will probably watch it if I can.

it's the limited edition HED X PIZZA HUT Deep Dish available only on wednesdays!

(came with 2 liter pepsi) right monkey??

My thighs are sore... any tips on how to relieve this? Should I rub mayonnaise on them? Or maybe beet juice? Or do lots of forward lunges?

Help me out superfuture.

Don't do lots of lunges that will make your legs more tired. It will work for conditioning. Put some icy hot on your thigh but not on your groin. It stings your groin and causes agony.

if this bike had a dick I would suck it love it sooooo much.

but yes the wheel not the frame.

garretts is and old Zipp wheels pre dimples.

you're gonna be put on the sex offenders list hahaha

i mean, those dudes worked fucking hard on getting that shit out, but i think its funny that mike martin thinks he's a martyr over it. sweet, dude, you worked your ass off and put out something amazing, but don't get pouty about not getting more than money back from your project – like winning an oscar and getting 24-7 b'jays.

sufu will always bitch about price. i get dudes haggling over $2 in shipping costs in selling shit on supermarket. give me a break. any skate DVD is like $30 anyway. the fact this is packaged in a book is just a little bonus. isn't the $40 shipped anyway? not sure since i grabbed mine at DQM.

was waiting on dqm to get theirs...when'd it come in? how much are they selling it for? about to stop by tomorrow

Anyone want to come over and take pictures of my bike for me? all my friends with cameras are "photographers". I think if I did it myself it would just be pics examplifying how clean it is.

if this bike had a dick I would suck it love it sooooo much.

but yes the wheel not the frame.

garretts is and old Zipp wheels pre dimples.

How about we remove the seat, and you ride it.

My thighs are sore... any tips on how to relieve this? Should I rub mayonnaise on them? Or maybe beet juice? Or do lots of forward lunges?

Help me out superfuture.

seriously though, go riding on some terrain that allows your legs to move fast without trying too hard. (spinning)

it'll feeeeel greeeat and you'll work off that lactic acid.

Looks pretty cool actually. I was wondering why it looked like that in the last pic you posted

it's trippy really, the pix do no justice.

Shiit, that's a great deal for $200 IMO.

If you like bullhorns, don't get risers. Risers are too boring, easy to ride in the city though..

I switched from risers to flats because my brake lever was not fitting right on my risers (cut them too short for a brake lever)

IMO bullhorns are best (nice for climbs)

hmm. I ride alot so I want to see how risers feel. I'll give it a go.

seriously though, go riding on some terrain that allows your legs to move fast without trying too hard. (spinning)

it'll feeeeel greeeat and you'll work off that lactic acid.

NYC is sorely lacking in this :mad: ... even the westsieeeede highway bike path has a gagillion intersections for stupid cars and peds

i've been riding various kinds of bikes 'round brooklyn for the past 10 or so years of my life... but after peddling/lugging a mountain bike around manhattan for the past few months i'd say riding a racing bike (freewheel or fixed, doesn't matter) is worth it simply for the ease of carrying it around and it's simplicity alone. i chose to ride a fixed hub because it offers greater control in tight situations, and yes i got hit by a couple cars in the first few weeks, but once you get that 10 or so second trackstand so you don't have to fully stop before a green light and you're like "fuck yes!" it makes it all worth it.

Thanks for the sensual leg advice fellas. WTB: leg masseuse. Will trade for waywt pictures.

it must be a bitch to start out riding fixed in new york city, let alone start out riding brakeless.

It's not that bad... there are horror stories but that's just typical New York shit that happens with pissy/crazy people in thousand pound vehicles.

One thing for sure, there is no such thing as smooth pavement around here.

Thanks for the sensual leg advice fellas. WTB: leg masseuse. Will trade for waywt pictures.

It's not that bad... there are horror stories but that's just typical New York shit that happens with pissy/crazy people in thousand pound vehicles.

A light leg workout after your legs are sore from riding helps, or vice-versa.

Many times my legs hurt after leg day at the gym, and the riding the day after is a nice way to relieve that. The first day after is fine, it's the second that sucks if you don't do something about it.

was waiting on dqm to get theirs...when'd it come in? how much are they selling it for? about to stop by tomorrow

they have it... $40.

crillz.. i'm not sure if dan's doing another rat pack race, but they're doing sprints on the westside bike path at 11pm on monday nights.

also, for anyone that wants to come out, this dude john is throwing peel sessions under the BQE by union pool every thursday night at 8:30ish. basically a big hang out with people learning tricks and drinking coldies.

Get some rollers? Make sure your seatpost to a height where your feet rise and push down at right angles. The burn should be in your shins. There's also trying a lower gear ratio. I'd start by getting someone to tell you if your stroke looks good seatpostXcrank length. Then get rollers if the burn really is too much for you.

needed a new rear tire and a light, so i hit up my LBS today:

c25ce7c3.jpg

2b0bb6e6.jpg

OMFG A BLINKY SUPERFLASH? yo throw down for reaaal.

I like the Turtles for the back, they are easier to take off - but I like taking them off and having them in my pocket when I'm not riding. If the blinky superflash had a black mounting system I'd have considered it a lot higher.

How much did you pay by the way? We've got this place in Western Canada called Mountain Equipment Co-op, and Planet bike shit is really cheap there... everything is really cheap there, but they can get planet bike shit. IE that light is for sale like 16 CAD after tax.