Bicyclettes

canice

for sure, if anything, bikesdirect has your back haha. 300-350 gets you a brand new track bike straight to your door.

doo it!

my friend just picked up one of the motobecane's, another has the 08 windsor and the gunmetal looks clean.

we painted the motobecane a few nights ago it turned out clean.:cool:

Does clean mean good?

it turned out disinfected yo.

something good is "so-so"

the way the paint and finish came out was better than that.

Aerospokes are machined. Unless you painted the Aerospoke and didnt mask off the machined side wall, the paint would come off. If you ordered it from them and asked for it to be white, it would still have a machined sidewall.

thanks. After looking at a closer picture I realized that the wheel has a braking surface.

Now I've got a new addition to my bicycle....

COMPLETE Kilo TT's are overrated. Pedals suck, headset sucks, rear hub sucks (well, wheels do in general), stem sucks, lockring sucks.

it's pretty well known that the components that come with the bikesdirect bikes are not the best, but pretty much when people are starting out, everything's the same, imo.

plus the price to pay for a bike that will run, half built out of the box, dont have to mess with the drivetrain, some even come with the brakes; i think 300-350 is worth not having to run around to all the shops, and try to build one up piece by piece by piece, when you're first starting out.

conversions are nice and they get the job done, but i just put it out there again that a complete bike is waiting for whoever wants one. and eventually you can switch out the components one by one and learn how the damn thing works part by part.

then when said people understand how everything goes together and compatibilities, sizing, etc.etc. they can build their dream bikes and what not with the "best" components and parts.

also, there's nothing wrong with cruising around on a road bike, mtn bike, or bmx bike, just ride, quit the bike hate.

well, fuck unicycles i'm sorry.

Gonna put that on my Pake once I get my new frame to build up.

Then gonna put both silver Deep Vs on the new build.

People need to robocop my shoes!

hows the pake ride i have a fuji track pro and its super stiff i want something cheap and soft that i can put through alot

hows the pake ride i have a fuji track pro and its super stiff i want something cheap and soft that i can put through alot

At first I thought the PAKE might be a piece of shit, since its steel, cheap, cheapo ugly welds, blah blah blah. But after riding it, I have no problems with it at all.

Its real nice and stiff, which is something Ive grown to like. And once youve tried both aluminum frames and then steel frames... Youll end up liking how a steel frame feels on the road. It'll def. take a beating.

It hurt a lot the next day I had some bad road rash on my sholder and leg. The hole I'm my nose is was worried the doctors they thought that the door pirced the back of the nasal cavity which would cause my brain to bleed. After 6 hours in the er they glue the shit together and I left with no meds and I slept for 2 days.

COMPLETE Kilo TT's are overrated. Pedals suck, headset sucks, rear hub sucks (well, wheels do in general), stem sucks, lockring sucks.

just cause it's not njs?

the pedals are lame, but EVERYTHING you named works and won't fail catastrophically unless the bike wasn't checked out (re grease, tighten everything etc)

all the bikeforum-fags horror stories you've heard are from idiots who just pulled the bike out of the box, put the front wheel on and went for a ride.

I agree that the pedals suck, I immediately replaced them with some ancient MKS road pedals I have lying around, but the rest of the stuff is just fine for most people. I've had no problems from the wheels so far either. Plenty of rough riding and skidding too.

In theory if u have a lot of skid spots the tire with skid evenly but this never happens. what happens is you get 2 or 3 bad spots and rotating won't help because of the high number of spots. I run a 48 x 16 which is one of many single spot ratios I love it because I can easily rotate my tire when I see red. Also if you r like me and you do standing skids and those skids where you lean all the way forward to go far, then u have 2 spots that are directly opposite eachother

you could always learn to switch legs when skidding to create 2x the skid spots, right?

i don't rotate.. i only change my rear tire... so i'm running on a stock continental front and an armadillo for the back. i normally only skid when i have to anyway, so i'm not changing my tire every 1-2 weeks.

plus, i don't get to ride all that often. :|

Ya I do all my trick skids with my right foot but I can skid with both. I do standing skids whipping to the left I can't do standing skids left foot strong going fast and if I do I can't whip to the right. Well I can but I do it right foot strong.