Bicyclettes

canice

I think the only reason they make pavement tires with grooves in them is because people think they need them because car tires have them.

Let me throw down a little car-nerdom for a second. Slick tires have the most traction (most surface area, think about it). That is why race cars (nascar, f1, etc) ride with slicks in DRY weather. The reason our cars' tires, and all consumer tires (even high-performance ones), have grooves in them is to channel the water out from underneath tires (almost like a hydrofoil, kinda). That is why when it rains at race tracks, they put on rain tires, or, tires with tread in them. And that is why all race vehicles that don't have a perfectly dry, even surface use a kind of tire with tread or some other kind of channeling pattern.

I ride grooved bicycle tires because slicks tend to be very thin, and I like using my tires for more than a couple of weeks (seriously).

As far as people hating on pistas. They only hate because 75% of people who "ride fixed" have either a Bianchi Pista or an IRO. People are sick of seeing the same shit Well if you were in Japan, it would totally be the opposite. They'd shit on you for having an NJS frame. That's why if you go to Japan, bike shops there go ballistic over European frame makers. Another reason people get shitted on because of their pistas is because it is a fucking frankenstein bike. You have parts from all over the place. For example you have some japanese frame and deck it out with random parts from Cinelli, Campy, whatever. People get all butthurt because those brands Cinelli, Campy, whatever have a cult following behind them so if they think you're doing it wrong, they will shit on you. That's why numerous people on BikeForums or where ever else who have frames from Japan usually make every other component on the bike from Japan so it has a similar feel.

I have not slept I am making no sense. /rant

fuck, when will people get over this shit.

no, mash will not have that

It was a joke. Guess I didn't make it clear but I thought the persons outfit would have given it away, I am pretty sure not too many people would get caught dead looking like that. I do feel that is actual trick riding as opposed to the stuff that comes up on youtube of various skids, and barspins.

As far as people hating on pistas. They only hate because 75% of people who "ride fixed" have either a Bianchi Pista or an IRO. People are sick of seeing the same shit Well if you were in Japan, it would totally be the opposite. They'd shit on you for having an NJS frame. That's why if you go to Japan, bike shops there go ballistic over European frame makers. Another reason people get shitted on because of their pistas is because it is a fucking frankenstein bike. You have parts from all over the place. For example you have some japanese frame and deck it out with random parts from Cinelli, Campy, whatever. People get all butthurt because those brands Cinelli, Campy, whatever have a cult following behind them so if they think you're doing it wrong, they will shit on you. That's why numerous people on BikeForums or where ever else who have frames from Japan usually make every other component on the bike from Japan so it has a similar feel.

I have not slept I am making no sense. /rant

It's like the cycling version of Milspex's approach to Streetwear...

lol.. mutt bike

you should paint it brown haha.

wtf people being all bike racist :[

it's a fucking bike.. ride it and smile at folks.:)

edit: haha i meant brown as in mixture of all colors........ fuck it whatever.

Im prolly the least worried about brands on my bike.

Unless purple Sugino 75s make my hair grow faster, I could really give a damn.

Part wise, I have the shittiest amongst everyone on here.

Yea, I see whatever "beginner" fixie here and there, doing this trick or that trick... Then I see dudes who get a fuckin Cinelli track bike with a white Aerospoke and a white Deep V for their first bike, not even knowing how to put their toes in their cages, wanting to ride on the sidewalk.

Im buying a cheapo black stem right now.

your bike is begging for some bar ends stunt.

i just took the special(iz)ed decalls of that trispoke chingon. it was so tough, alot of scrubbing. what did you use before? a dagger? haha

i forgot to tell you, i fucking love this wheel! you hooked it up mang. you should be excited for the mash movie. i went to the LA premiere. it isn't even about tricks as much as full speed city lines. these dudes make you re think your definition of fast.

Front fender, since I didn't cut down the metal stays, was limiting my mobility and giving me crazy toe-overlap on trackstands/slow speed, etc, so I took it off before the game. It's not raining/snowing here so it'll be off until then or until I get some wire cutters..

I went brakeless these past few days, it was fun, but I threw some brakes back on just for safety. I just got myself a flat bar so I'm going to be riding that, except that right now it's fucking HUGE (56cm or something ridiculous) so I need to trim it.

Most of those cats ride road bikes. They are in some fuckland world thinking they've graduated from fixed gear bikes / track bikes to road bikes.

It's basically one kid having one and his friend getting into it is how it is in San Francisco. 75% of people just push their fucking bikes on the street. It's a trend but you could really spot the people who actually ride amongst the mother fuckers that make it their fashion accessory.

When out of towners see movies like MASH or clips of Macaframa or other SF fixed gear related videos when they come to SF they have a high expectations for all the riders here and the unique terrain we have. But really when you fucking come here, there's only a handful of mother fuckers who ride hard, everyone else just pushes their fucking bike. Don't get me wrong I love SF, I love the terrain, but 90% of fixed gear riders in this city I CANNOT FUCKING STAND!

good thing i'm in the 10%..

otherwise he might fight me and someone will put it on youtube...

hahahaha

hows your everwear btw?